Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    Music That Can Help This Planet Get Better!

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Music That Can Help This Planet Get Better!
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted
So I'll start off with something new, since xc likes new, and it's one of his wifeys as well so that'll be a clicker! Big Grin But I love this song, this is all about individuality and standing strong in the face of adversity...especially since it's all petty crap anyway. Razz It all starts with US after all. Change in the world happens quicker when we are happy inside ourselves and don't give a ding dang what anyone thinks. Just SPEAK THAT TRUTH, girl! Big Grin

Taylor Swift--Shake it Off

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Ty Segall's music helps me get crazier, dunno bout helpin the world gettin better!

Ty Segall "Californian Hills"

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Here's a Timeless Gem. Smile I think this woman was ahead of her time. Back in the 70's she was saying stuff she says now, all about how PC shit has corrupted everything just as much as Nazi's and ppl like that did. This is a whole concert but this Interview she does says it all. Thanks for this Gem, Patti, keep rockin' woman! Big Grin

Patti Smith Interview and 1976 Concert in Stockholm

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
Ty Segall's music helps me get crazier, dunno bout helpin the world gettin better!

Ty Segall "Californian Hills"

Hey, sometimes crazy IS better! Big Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
David Brookings & The Average Lookings "I'm in Love With Your Wife"

Just as long as no-one's in love with one of my wives!

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Will check that out, xc. I LOVED the Ty Segal song...amazing commentary on this crazy world, and how it can make us crazy too...crazy enough to scream about it! Big Grin

So, this is a song similar to that...a new song written by Hollywood Vampires in dedication to lead singer Lemmy Kilmister of Motorhead who died shortly before the Grammy's in Feb. 2016. It was also a tribute to Johnny's late stepfather Robert Palmer(not the singer of course Wink ). Robert, who spent time in prison before marrying Betty Sue after she divorced John Depp sr., used to toast every family gathering by saying, "Here's to you, as good as you are, here's to me, as bad as I am."

Johnny himself wrote the lyrics. The song also sounds like Johnny's own personal journey as well(prolly his marriage in particular amongst it all). It's also a journey about how we learn exactly WHAT(or "who" if it applies) is driving us crazy. Big Grin

I once heard Johnny say in an interview words to the effect of, "When you know you're mad, it can be very painful. When you DON'T know you're mad...what a gas!" I would love to have a friendly debate with Johnny about that. Big Grin I think it's awesome to know all about my craziness so I can WORK with it and make it work FOR me(and others,) not against either. Wink

That's just me, lol. Madness is never fun to initially discover, but once we're used to it, we can have fun maneuvering around with it. Hehe! evil Wink

Enjoy!

The Hollywood Vampires--"As Bad as I Am"

Johnny's Lyrics:

Decide, Imbibe
Why analyze??
I’m trapped!
I can’t function!
Please, no interruptions.

[Chorus]
Here’s to you
As good as you are
Here’s to me
As bad as I am
As good as you are
As bad as I am
I’m as good as you are
As bad as I am

Lock, load
Tickle, goad
Sink it down
Love the burning
Feel your insides churning

[Chorus]
Here’s to you
As good as you are
Here’s to me
As bad as I am
As good as you are
As bad as I am
I’m as good as you are
As bad as I am

*This spoken Snippet taken from a Motorhead song and written by Lemmy I think*:

Good morning my darling how are you?
Thirst for you in my slumber
Shall we pop you open wet our proverbial whistle
Oh Pardon me I seem to be bleeding

Decide imbibe
No pride just ride
Disdain your brain
It’s stained of shame
You’re to blame
Embrace the pain don’t live with why give in, just die!

You played the game you lost your fame you thought the rules were made for you
You lived a lie
Don’t dare cry now
Take it
Love it
Suck it
Hate it

[Chorus]
Here’s to you
As good as you are
Here’s to me
As bad as I am
As good as you are
As bad as I am
I’m as good as you are
As bad as I am

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Free Madness,

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
David Brookings & The Average Lookings "I'm in Love With Your Wife"

Just as long as no-one's in love with one of my wives!

That's a great song! Straight-up honesty, lol why not? I found THIS song as well by these guys. The title pretty much speaks for itself! Love this lyric,

"I will not give up!
Never, so just shut up!" Big Grin

Dave Brookings and the Average Lookings--"Don't Stop to Doubt Yourself"

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
The Bevis Frond "He Had You"

Bevis Frond is essentially Nick Saloman and whoever he gets to play in his band & albums.
This song from his 1997 "North Circular" album is about 2 friends who compete with each other, the narrator being the more successful however- the other guy got the girl. So who is more successful? Who should we feel sorry for- the guy who got everything but the girl or the guy who had the girl but according to the lyrics "still going nowhere"? Ah, leave it to Nick to write great music seen from different points of view or just great music period.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
I seem to be on a Prince craze these days. Big Grin Interesting he was born the day before Johnny--they were practically five years apart. Love me some Gemini craziness! Prolly why I love this song. Prince was one of the best philosophers and lyricists on the face of this earth. Truly sad that he isn't walking the earth anymore--I also never fully appreciated what a HOTTIE he was! Oofff! Big Grin (just watched the Purple Rain movie on Amazon tonight too--epic film, the music being the best thing about it. Also, so fun to see all the 80's styles hehehe! Never could get that "big hair" right. Just as well--that look was SO not me back then! Razz Wink )

Prince--Let's Go Crazy

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Before there was "The Sopranos," there was Little Steven and the Disciples of Soul. Before that, of course...Steve Van Zandt played guitar with Springsteen, and was his best bud since high school. I remember getting the Disciples of Soul's second album "Voice of America," in 1985. That album was SO freakin' progressive at that time and SO awesome. "Men Without Women" was great too. But you can't even get the full VoA album now, prolly cuz some of the songs are outdated, like "Checkpoint Charlie" for one. Wink

Anywho here's one of my favorites from Little Steven and DoS, a live persormance of "Out of the Darkness." Can't say it better than that! Big Grin

Little Steven and the Disciples of Soul--Out of the Darkness

Lyrics: By Steve Van Zandt

There's a sadness all around us
There are words we're too afraid to say
The things that I thought would last forever
Are changing every day

There's a hunger that can't be satisfied
And the streets are filled with rage
It's time to dig deep inside ourselves
And face the life we've made

It's gonna take the two of us
I just can't do it all on my own
I see the day gettin' brighter
Hold me a little bit tighter

Out of the darkness and hand in hand
Baby together we will make our stand
Reach out and touch me we can win somehow
I know there's nothin' that can stop us now
Oh baby, come with me out of the darkness

I've lived my life trapped with trouble
Now it's time to make a new start
I thought the only justice in this world
Came from an angry heart

Now I know there's got to be love to protect us
But we can't wait for it to come
I know there's more to life than black and white
The sooner we learn, the sooner we've won

It's gonna take the two of us
I just can't make it all on my own
If you are a fighter
Hold me a little bit tighter!

Out of the darkness and hand in hand
Baby together we will make our stand
Reach out and touch me we can win somehow
I know there's nothin' that can stop us now
Oh baby, come with me out of the darkness!

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Tribute to the epic George Michael, who died yesterday, Christmas--of heart failure. Frown One of the most beautiful love songs he's done. RIP, George--keep singing, wherever you are!!!

Father Figure

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
I rediscovered Joan Osborne...she's one of those amazing 90's singers that kinda like, didn't keep her household name, but who cares, I think she's still doing stuff!

Here's her first album "Relish." It's Amazing! It has a lot of thought provoking songs in it too. Here are my favorites

St. Theresa
A song about a woman pursuing another woman in a divine kinda way. Very spiritual and romantic at the same time. The video to it is meh, SO 90's. Razz Very subtexty, with the guy in bed not having nipples and looking kinda androgeonous. The scenery was cool with the hotel room changing into a natural earth-paradise setting. I'd love to see a remake with two women getting together romantically. Never saw that movie "Carol," and wanna see it. This song would be a great soundtrack to what I've heard about the story. Altho...it's too modern for the period it was set in. Ah well. Razz Wink

Dracula Moon
A song about LOVE. A song about love against all odds. Against all "conditions." Amazing and epic. Could also speak about solidarity between all humans. LOVE this song!!!! Big Grin

Spider Web
I really love this one. She dreams about Ray Charles(this was before he passed), and Ray got his eyesight back. The price though? Ray lost all his creativity, musicianship, his singing voice...and he just stays at home with MTV. The end has Joan singing, "When I go to sleep at night, don't let me dream of Brother Ray. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he sees, just like him best the other way." Great reminder to all of us to treasure what we've got! Even if we don't have some other stuff we might really desire.

Joan Osborne--"Relish." First Album from 1995

~~Johnny Depp.