Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Melodia Attractions  Hop To Forums  Music    James Brown R.I.P.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
James Brown R.I.P.
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
This totally sucks.
James Brown dies

James Brown was a legend, there'll never be another like him. His influence on music is so profund it can never be measured. Afro-funk Godfather Fela Kuti named Brown as his chief influence. Social conscious songs that one can dance to- it never gets better than that- and funk and disco owes it all to JB.

i picked up a comp of his holiday tunes a few weeks ago. He was here in town a month before that but as much as i wanted to, i couldn't go, things were just too hectic then. Wish i had seen him when i had the chance.

R.I.P. James Brown

Posts: 12102 | Location: State of Insanity | Registered: 11 May 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
News Article...

Singing Legend James Brown Dies at 73

Singing legend James Brown, known the world over as the "Godfather of Soul," died early on Christmas morning in Atlanta; he was 73. Brown had been hospitalized at Emory Crawford Long Hospital on Sunday, initially for severe pneumonia, and passed away from conjunctive heart failure around 1:45 a.m. Monday morning. One of the biggest influences and innovators of music, Brown almost singlehandedly brought soul music to the fore in the mid-20th century, forever changing the landscape of pop music within the United States as well as the world. His hit singles included "Please, Please, Please," "Papa's Got A Brand New Bag," "I Got You (I Feel Good)," and "Say It Loud — I'm Black and I'm Proud"; he even had a major hit as late as 1987 with "Living in America." Known as "The Hardest Working Man in Show Business," Brown weathered notorious problems with drug and alcohol abuse, including a two-year prison stint for aggravated assault. Still, Brown's unabashedly energetic influence and outrageous style, which affected performers from Mick Jagger to Prince, continued unabated, and he continued performing throughout his career; three days before his death, he stated that he had planned to perform at on New Year's Eve at B.B. King Blues Club in New York. Brown is survived by his fourth wife, Tomi Raye Hynie, and their son, James Jr. --Mark Englehart, IMDb staff

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
i saw him perform at the rodeo of all places about 5 years ago. what an original...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post