Scrolls
The Grey Album

This topic can be found at:
https://bingoze.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/636601791/m/931105882

15 June 2004, 03:22 AM
Argeaux
The Grey Album
Anyone downloaded this?

There are still heaps of sites offering free copies, if you haven't.

It's worth a listen, in my opinion. Great fusion of The Beatles' White Album and Jay Z's Black Album.

~~~~~~~~~~

15 June 2004, 06:20 PM
xenacrazed
I thought the Beatles' record company shut down all downloading. Heehee. Good for him for keeping it alive. It was only supposed to be a limited promo at first, methinks. I'd like to hear some samples at least, see what all the commotion was about.
22 June 2004, 09:30 AM
Argeaux
You can still grab copies everywhere thanks to a movement called "Grey Tuesday".

Go and git it!!

~~~~~~~~~~

28 June 2004, 07:17 PM
xenacrazed
Found this link at Grey Tuesday-

www.bannedmusic.org

-hope to have me a copy next week sometime.
30 June 2004, 02:57 AM
Argeaux
Let me know what you think of it.

I like 99 Problems the best, so far. Then again, I like Jay-Z's original version of the song, too.

~~~~~~~~~~

08 July 2004, 09:25 PM
xenacrazed
I'm still trying to get this! I sent the link to one of my supervisors at work as i can't burn cd's on my system. I'm told they recieved error messages when trying to download it. They went through other links at Grey Tuesday and finally found one that downloaded okay though they had to send the downloads to a relative who has a better system for transfering it to cd. So when the relative of the supervisor gets done making the cd, xc shall listen & report back. Just hope the "Grey Album" isn't a golden oldie by then!
29 July 2004, 09:37 PM
xenacrazed
Well my hair may be grey when & if i ever get a copy of the Grey Album. The relative of the supervisor copied it onto cd but it wouldn't open for playback. Maybe i'll find a cheap copy on egrey er ebay.
30 July 2004, 12:34 AM
Argeaux
You can find gazillions of copies of the Grey Album, on eBay.

eg. http://search.ebay.com/the-grey-album_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8QQsatitleZQ22theQ20greyQ20albumQ22

All really cheap, too. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

31 October 2004, 06:55 PM
xenacrazed
Meanwhile, a few months later...

yay, i finally got a copy of The Grey Album from one of my supervisors at work. I thought it was really well done. Hard to pick a favorite tune here though "Moment of Clarity" is especially good. I'd like to hear Danger Mouse tackle "Abbey Road".
31 October 2004, 08:48 PM
Argeaux
I like the track where Sean's Mom is talking about him growing up. Smile

Also the remake of 59 problems.

~~~~~~~~~~