Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  Fight Club    Full Grown Troll
Page 1 2 3 4 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Full Grown Troll
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Gotta agree with Maddie and Heitie here...it's one thing if you really loved and valued nanzar's friendship and were genuinely shocked and hurt by what she said. I get that at one point she was friends with a lot of you and it did shock you when suddenly things changed and got real volatile for one reason or another. I haven't been arond for most of it but it's not rocket science reading between the lines especially after the race. Nanzar speaks her mind but you know, her gibes, however hateful sometimes, are no real surprise anymore so why should it shock you if people laugh? It's not as though Maddie were the one saying those hateful comments...Razz Personally i see it as jsut finding levity where there was negativity. I don't think she was stomping on anyone's feelings. Just mho.Smile

Anyway, I jsut want to say Nanzar if your'e reading this, it was great racing wtih you and writing with you, you're an excellent talent. I haven't always agreeed wtih everything you've said and i still don't but that's ok. Smile You did what you had to do and I respect you for getting out and not staying where you don't feel good. Surround yourself with people who make you feel good, that's my motto, most people on the scrolls do that.Smile

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Meh. No hurt feelings here. All is right in my world. Big Grin

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
If you want to know Kate, yes personally it stung me at a certain level 'cause she'd never said something like that to me, and because I felt I was friends with her up until the last few threads she'd made. I wasn't about to say that, 'cause why give her the satisfaction but since whether or not I was is being debated...there ya go.

maddie, I guess content is everything. If you were laughing at the ridiculousness of it, that's one thing... if you were laughing 'cause you thought it was great she was calling certain people names, that's another. I took it the latter all on its own. It seems I was wrong, in which case, I apologize.

~Gabber

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
is it bad that still in all of this, it makes me laugh? evil

and more importantly, do i care if it is? smash

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ivana tattoo:
is it bad that still in all of this, it makes me laugh? evil

It depends on who's laughing. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Since it's you...it's ok. Big Grin Big Grin

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
that too makes me laugh.
i'm a bad bad girl.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Well...I do what I can. Wink Big Grin

Warrior Scroller
Picture of Discord Man
posted Hide Post
Eek WOW! Why watch Xena when all the drama is here! I never knew Nanzar felt that way....
Well.... Ill miss ya Nanzar...even though I barely knew ya. But I'm not a puppet. I'm an action figure.

------------------------

www.youtube.com/discordman

Posts: 305 | Location: Fort Smith AR | Registered: 09 July 2005Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
Gabber, no apology needed. nanzar's attack on you was one of the most baffling. i'm still not sure what she meant Confused

--------------------------------------

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Hey keri

I didn't realize you'd thought of her as a friend until her recent attacks...i remember that you mentioned in that other thread(nanzar's day in the sun) that she used to make negative comments about you and sara's relationship...i guess from there i thought you always had an aversion to her after that...understandably so. Anyway thanks for clearing that up...Maddie and I were chatting and we're not sure why she attacked you like that and i'm thinking it's some stupid "guilty by association" thing...you know, you are with Sara and Nanzar doesn't think too highly of Sara for this that or another reason, rotfl...pretty immature but there it is.Razz

anyway i'm glad all is great in your world sara, things are pretty great in my world too...gotta love greatness.Big Grin

Peace out.Smile

kate

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sirius Black:
i'm thinking it's some stupid "guilty by association" thing...pretty immature but there it is.Razz

Truer words. You'd think people would realize by now that Keri is the better half. Wink Big Grin

quote:
anyway i'm glad all is great in your world sara, things are pretty great in my world too...gotta love greatness.Big Grin

Hooray for greatness. Smile Greatness is good.

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Kate, I can figure why she'd call me that, but I suppose there's no point in getting into it since it ain't true. As for my previous comments about Sara and my relationship and Nanzar's comments back in the day, waaaay back then it was a sore point but through the years I just moved on and viewed her as a fellow poetry friend... even someone I could relate to with family sickness problems and spoke with her sometimes about it. So yeah, I viewed her that way. But screw it, I'm moving on past it 'cause obviously she didn't think much of me, so I have no reason to dwell on her anymore.

Sara, don't start that with me Razz I'm no better half...I'm just a half. A happy half mind you, 'cause I'm an ENGAGED happy half. Hehehe. *cough* Big Grin

~Gabber

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
For a moment there I was worried the trolling had worked. Seems like we have all been a little quick to snap at our fellow scrollers.

Can't we all just get along? I'd like to bake a cake out of rainbows and smiles and share it with you all.

Roll Eyes

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Ewwww.....

Me HATES Nah-sty Elf-bread...!!!

Big Grin

It saddens me too see people here get all shitty with each other too...
the bastards....Big Grin

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
*showers flowers and love beads on fellow scrollers..*

Peace, Flowers, Freedom, Happiness!Big Grin

See...I'd have been SOOOO at home as a hippie, man. *grumbles at being born in '67 instead of '47.*RazzBig Grin

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
geez louise. i expect a unicorn to stroll through this thread any minute. or worse yet, Angel Callisto.

but not Eli. i think i saw him heading East on an elephant...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burned to the core but not broken:

but not Eli. i think i saw him heading East on an elephant...

*can't help it and busts out laughing*

Oh my word, that was good. LOL. Big Grin You rock, zoom. You just rock. Big Grin

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
All of this shit has made me stop and think about some things.

My life at home has been a living Hell for a while now and I know I'm not the only person here who's gone through (or is still going through) personal BS. We all have our own demons to deal with, but no matter how bad things get, I have always looked forward to seeing this board.

So... I stopped and thought about why. It wasn't Xena, it wasn't one person or two people in particular. It was all of you, each and every one of you. (Even Corxena, but I'll deny it after this post) The variety of people who post here is astounding. We are and incredibly eclectic bunch of idiots and I LIKE seeing all of the different opinions.

Remember when we used to actually stand up for those that spoke their mind, even if we didn't agree. I didn’t share Nanzar’s opinion about a lot of things. Okay, maybe most things, but where else except on the web would I even get to hear it. Would I know Argy and Ares? Would I have ever heard Brucy’s movie reviews or had the chance to read Moonshade’s input from Sweden, PJ’s point of view from South Africa, Nora’s backwards ass opinion from Oklahoma ( Wink jk ), Prof X’s sentiment from Brasil, xenacrazed’s whacked out taste in music. Would I have met Zoom, lila, Arista, and Tam? Would I call them friends?

If I’m honest with myself, yes, there are a few people on this board that I don’t like (as much as I can not like someone I’ve never met in person) but the more I think about it, I don’t think I really want for them to go away. So now I’ve vented and I feel a little better for it. Most of you have probably skipped right over this post - as I too have done with others, but isn’t that kinda the whole point - YOU CAN!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Shawn, you kind of summed up what keeps me coming back to this place too...I haven't always liked what was going on here either, but these people...I love them in their eclectic ways, culturally different ways whatever it may be, tim tams or oreos, or how you say certain words, it was a definite education. And then I met Argy and Ares in New York and they introduced me to tim tams and bought me lunch, sheesh, I know these people are good no matter what, it's just the different opinions we all get passionate about, we all have our views and ways of looking at things, sometimes that can be placed into a healthy debate, sometimes people get bent out of shape about it and take it personally when someone disagrees with them...sometimes it's hard to know how to word disagreements without making them sound insulting to someone else, but again I've learned from my experience communicating on the net...it's hard just with the written word, sometimes if you see body language you get a better idea. It's important to know how to communicate on the net, and this place, old and new scrolls was actually one of my first teachers.

And, in a very real way, this was an escape, yes even with whatever drama i went thru on here(which wasn't much), from my personal life which, honestly wasn't always the best in the past year. If it weren't for my husband and a few close friends AND this place...I don't know if I'd even be sane right now.

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nora’s backwards ass opinion from Oklahoma

Hey, Oklahoma's only a minor part of my backwards ass opinions. It's really just me. I do have a Satan complex after all. If one is going to get into a debate and argue, why not go whole hog? (oh, damn that was an Arkie ref, sorry)

Actually, I'm skeptical of everything--especially the Skeptics. Big Grin

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Thanks SB and Nora, ya know I love ya more than my luggage. Wink

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Shinigami
posted Hide Post
quote:
See...I'd have been SOOOO at home as a hippie, man. *grumbles at being born in '67 instead of '47

Doesn't matter when you were born, you're still a hippie to me. Razz

Anyway, on a serious note:Frown

I don't know if Nanzar is still reading this, but I am really sorry you feel this way, and I'm sorry to see you go. You were one of two scrollers I've actually met in person, and reading your post, it doesn't even seem like it was written by the same person that I've met, twice. I don't know exactly what happened that caused so much contention between you and the ones that you posted about, and I'm not going to take sides here, because simply, if I don't understand what's going on, I really can't. I'm just sorry things ended up this way, and I wish you the very best.

Your Hidden Talent

You have the natural talent of rocking the boat, thwarting the system.
And while this may not seem big, it can be.
It's people like you who serve as the catalysts to major cultural changes.
You're just a bit behind the scenes, so no one really notices.

What's Your Hidden Talent?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatsyourhiddentalentquiz/

Posts: 474 | Registered: 20 September 2004Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
WoW Shawn...
that one of the very best posts ever written here....

Thank you for giving all of us(hopefully) pause.

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fra-Gile':

Would I know Argy and Ares? Would I have ever heard Brucy’s movie reviews or had the chance to read Moonshade’s input from Sweden, PJ’s point of view from South Africa, Nora’s backwards ass opinion from Oklahoma ( Wink jk ), Prof X’s sentiment from Brasil, xenacrazed’s whacked out taste in music. Would I have met Zoom, lila, Arista, and Tam? Would I call them friends?
That was really beautiful.

I second everything said by Shawn. Hell, she's not too bad, herself. Wink

I've also enjoyed getting to know other people like the gentle and generous Discord Man and the lovely Salem.

And where would I be without my partner in crime, Ame? Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
again i say, my friend is wicked smart. good to see you speak your mind Wink, and say some things we need to hear. it's good to be reminded of our better nature sometimes...being not particularly happy can either make one cold or make one more sympathetic to other unhappy people. we all have our dark tunnels, i suppose, and you're a real light in the darkness to me sometimes, Ace.

i've heard it said what we dislike most in other people is what we dislike in ourselves, and that makes sense to me. i also believe that you can feel however you feel, but it's how you act that matters. things to ponder....things to ponder...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?