Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  Fight Club    Nanzar's day in the sun
Page 1 2 3 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Nanzar's day in the sun
 Login/Join 
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
well, i was having a crappy day and to see all the race stuff brought up again...it didn't help. i've since yelled at that email girl and feel slightly better for it. but that's not the point. the point is i think i was too agressive yesterday. that's not me backing down on what i said, just how i said it.

and nanzar, i apologise for dragging you back into a thread that you wanted to be free of. the truth is, i think i started out trying to defend you but ended up using you as a sort of spring board to have a go at everyone on my own behalf. that was very wrong of me. i'm sorry.

everyone else...yeah.

--------------------------------------

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by R. J. Lupin:
the truth is, i think i started out trying to defend you but ended up using you as a sort of spring board to have a go at everyone on my own behalf. that was very wrong of me. i'm sorry.

There's plenty of room within Fight Club to start your own thread, if you so feel inclined. (*cough*Ame*cough* )Wink Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Ahhh, there is it. Look zoom, Shawn, the immature and hot headed Sara has returned. At least partially. It's only cause Keri is at work and can't shove me over to get all riled up. Mmmm riled up Keri. Big Grin

*ahem* Carry on.

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sara:
Ahhh, there is it. Look zoom, Shawn, and the immature, hot headed Sara has returned...

yes. well we are a clique you know...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Maddie
I don't think you need to apologize for stating your mind anymore than anyone else has stated their minds. We all have a right to express how we feel, regardless of whether it disagrees with others or not.
lol, zoom i don't think anyone has called you a clique for awhile, i hope not. rotfl. As for people getting riled up i think this may have been a needed release in some ways. Anger is good for the soul, people are too afraid of their anger. Let it out. It's freeing.

GOD, I should be a shrink!

*gets distracted thinking of how sexy John is when he's angry...mmmmmm.Big Grin*

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sirius Black:

lol, zoom i don't think anyone has called you a clique for awhile, i hope not. rotfl.

sarcasm, sweetie darling. it's the only way...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Sarcasm is tasty with a little worcestershire sauce...Big Grin

So are hot, riled up men...and women. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

John got mad at some idiot today, and I swear he made Johnny Depp look like a wimp, even in From Hell(oh wait, he was a wimp in that movie, he left the girl on the island to be with his opium.Roll Eyes)

Anyway...ONWARD!

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
Oh...rereading your post, Maddie i realize you weren't apologizing for speaking your mind. But this was kind of a thread for airing out lots of stuff, so I didn't think what you said was inappropriate.

Anyway I'm hungry, I'll catch you all later. John is waving the worcestershire sauce right now....

~~Johnny Depp.

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sirius Black:
Anger is good for the soul, people are too afraid of their anger. Let it out. It's freeing.

That is SOOOO true!!!!

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by R. J. Lupin:

i also don't think that argy should have started a thread in fight club entitled "nanzar's day in the sun Roll Eyes". it could have just as easily been something like "have your say about the scrolls" or "trouble in paradise" (if you wanted to be less formal about it). i mean jeez, you claim you don't want to attack her and then you offer her an "appropriate" place to air her views which is obvioulsy aimed at cutting her down before she even knows it's there.
Wrong. I did not claim that I didn't want to attack Nanzar. I claimed that this thread was an opportunity for both me and Nanzar to clearly say what was pissing us off.
quote:
and mentioning nanzar's husband in here. i don't know what that was supposed to achieve but that stood out to me as the most innapropriate thing anyone's done throughout this whole debate. maybe you were trying to illustrate that you do really care about her and what's going on in her life, but it just seemed pretty low to use something like that as a sort of bargaining chip to prove a point, especially in a thread that has - for the majority - been negatively aimed at nanzar's conduct. did you not consider how upsetting that might be?
Well, you obviously didn't read what I wrote very carefully, OR Nanzar's response to it.

I enquired how her husband was doing, after reading a poem where she said he had been ill. I realised that the reason she may have been so aggressive with people could have been because she was undergoing some stress. AT NO TIME did I use her husband's illness to prove any kind of point. She got that I was genuinely concerned and confirmed that she had been feeling under stress lately, as a result of some difficulties she was facing.

That's what helped to defuse the argument. I'm glad to see that it hasn't flared up again.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
when i read nanzar's response, it sounded to me like she was just giving up on this because she didn't want to fight a losing battle anymore; she had way more important things to be stressing about. that's how i read it, but i guess i was wrong.

--------------------------------------