Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Poteidaia Tavern  Hop To Forums  Fight Club    Interesting Bush interview

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Interesting Bush interview
 Login/Join 
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted
With Ireland's Carole Coleman. She keeps "interupting" him to dig deeper into the questions, but he's not having it. In my opinion, that's what an interview is. If he wants to make a speech let him make a speech, but don't call it an interview. In an interview it's the journalist who asks the questions how and when they choose. It's not up to the interviewee to direct the line of questioning. Or is it now?

http://www.indymedia.ie/newswire.php?story_id=65723

Idiot...

Scroll Disciple
posted Hide Post
i love biased news.

Posts: 237 | Location: sodak | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of Rellik
posted Hide Post
well that was entertaining...

Posts: 410 | Location: canada | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
I found it interesting, anyway.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I came across this thread in my recent zoomy-requested foray into Fight Club.

Many thanks for pointing me to that informative interview.

I am now aware that George Wally Bush is the leader of the world. I never knew that before.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
oh yes--the President of the U.S. is very often referred to as "the leader of the free world". i never thought about the fact that we only hear that here. heh--i guess they forgot to tell the rest of you.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
That "free" part's coming off as just sardonic now. I wonder if they'll eventually just drop it altogether.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Oh no, we've been told many a time that the US President is the leader of the "free world" (as opposed to the "costly world", which I believe is located somewhere near the quadrant of the blah blah sector).

Only problem is, I've never had the chance to vote for any US President, and legally I don't have to abide by a dern thing any of them say.

Maybe one of the White House advisers needs to inform the next one of that.

What I found MOST interesting, in that particular interview, was that the word "free" wasn't even used. Dubbya sees himself as the leader of everyone.

No surprise that he holds that view, but it's a little irritating how blatant the whole thing is becoming. Very put up or shut up.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Argeaux:
No surprise that he holds that view, but it's a little irritating how blatant the whole thing is becoming. Very put up or shut up.

for quite some time after 9/11 the atmosphere here was very "if you're against the President, you're un-American." it still is to a certain extent (check the "Why Michael Moore hates America..." website), but as the Iraqi "situation" drags on without any noticeable resolution and more and more American soldiers are dying for reason that are being exposed as fabrications (WMDs, Iraqi ties to 9/11), fewer & fewer people are buying it.

hopefully will be rid of the whole evil regime come November...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
Word.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I was just saying to Ares tonight that it will be interesting to see what happens after the next round of voting in Australia, Britain and the US.

We could all end up with the same leaders, who will then see their return to power as some form of public acceptance of their slimy ways, and push for more and more aggressive policies, or we'll see the end of those regimes and a softer approach to world affairs.

Just supposin'.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Argeaux:
I was just saying to _Ares_ tonight that it will be interesting to see what happens after the next round of voting in Australia, Britain and the US.

We could all end up with the same leaders, who will then see their return to power as some form of public acceptance of their slimy ways, and push for more and more aggressive policies...

well, considering Bush & his ilk have taken their electoral victory as a public mandate despite the fact that he didn't even win by a majority of the popular vote, it looks particularly grim for us if he's actually elected by a majority of the poeple this time. i just can't imagine though that he's changed the minds of that many people who didn't even vote for him last time. i think there needs to be some really strong monitoring of the electoral process this time around to guard for potential corruption of the results. there's already been some major discrepancies in Florida petaining to the published list of convicted felons who are legally forbidden to vote--a large percentage (i'll have to look up exact #'s...) of the people are finding their names on the list erroneously, either through mistaken identity or because their criminal records have been expunged, which should rightfully restore their voting priveleges.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
excellent--thanks for the link! i get most of my daily news from NPR so i hear it but never have a handy link so all can share...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?