Scrolls
Sometimes I wonder what dark places in cyberspace I have visited...

This topic can be found at:
https://bingoze.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/726601791/m/889109029

03 June 2005, 09:39 PM
Smirk Morgan
Sometimes I wonder what dark places in cyberspace I have visited...
quote:
Dear Friend,

I need your help.

I ask that you immediately make an online contribution of $25, $50, $75 or even $100 to the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC).

To make a contribution on their secure server, please click here.

As Senate Majority Leader, I want to assure you that, if the Democrat's campaign of judicial obstruction resumes, I will not hesitate to use the Constitutional Option.

We must ensure that President Bush's qualified judicial nominees get the up-or-down votes they deserve.

That's why we need to counter the Democrat's attacks and misinformation - including the multi-state, multi-million dollar advertising by liberal special interest groups like Moveon.org and People for the American Way.

I have asked the NRSC to spearhead Republican efforts to support President Bush's judicial nominees as we bring them to the floor of the Senate for fair up-or-down votes.

To prepare for these battles, NRSC Chair Senator Elizabeth Dole has set a goal of raising $50,000 for the month of June from fellow online Republicans.

This money is essential to our efforts to fight back against the obstruction of Senate Democrats, led by Harry Reid, Dick Durbin, Chuck Schumer, and John Kerry.

And so I urge you to support the NRSC immediately with a contribution of $25, $50, $75 or even $100. To make a contribution, please click here.

We need your support today!

June will be a defining month for President Bush and the Republican Senate Majority.

I have asked the NRSC to be prepared to support President Bush's nominee if there is an appointment to the Supreme Court.

We must be prepared to support the President's nominee to the Supreme Court should a vacancy open.

I am counting on you to help the NRSC prepare for what is likely to be one of the toughest and most consequential debates in recent memory.

Help us deliver on the principle of up-or-down votes for the President's judicial nominees.

Our need is urgent and our cause is just.

Sincerely,

Bill Frist, M.D.
Senate Majority Leader

P.S. To support the NRSC and make a contribution of $25, $50, $75 or even $100 today, please click here.

Dear Friend,

I need your help.

Well, I feel all warm and fuzzy. I must have been doing Jager shots without realizing it.

Now that I think of it Senator, I need your help too. You know the banking laws? The ones that haven't been reformed in over a decade? Have you noticed the shit Bank of America gets away with? Oh no...'cause you have enough money with your bank, that you don't get charged maintenance fees that exceed the balance of the goddamned account. Oh yes....I know, BofA's lobbyist threw you that swanky party. All I can offer you is chump change--which you'll take and put to advance YOUR agenda, but you won't do anything that will have a positive effect on my life.

As Senate Majority Leader, I want to assure you that, if the Democrat's campaign of judicial obstruction resumes, I will not hesitate to use the Constitutional Option.

oooh.....the Constitutional Option. Do you think he mentally says that in a booming voice? He capitalized it. I'm amazed he didn't shout. I've never heard of the "Constitutional Option". I guess that History BA I earned from my public university (in the Bible Belt, no less) and that Juris Doctor degree are shams. I mean seriously, when we go around capitalizing terms shouldn't they be commonly accepted concepts? I'm with you when you say "the Constitution", but this "Constitutional Option" sounds like some sort of alternative to ExLax. Maybe it should be trademarked?

Senator, I agree that the Democrats shouldn't have filibustered these nominees. They should pick more important battles. Come to think of it, so should you. Because I'm sure there are tons of other qualified jurists that would bother neither Democrats nor Republicans. Considering that the Senate just voted on these nominees, I can't imagine why you asked me for money to educate the ignorant masses about why the Senate should vote on them. That ship has sailed--I think even Fox News would agree with me.

Help us deliver on the principle of up-or-down votes for the President's judicial nominees.

Our need is urgent and our cause is just.

While the Senate Majority (oops, I'm catching Senator Frist's capitlization syndrome) pats itself on the back for passing so-called reform measures that will NOT accomplish what has been promised (Class Action Fairness? Fair for whom? Not the consumer..hell, not even those big contributing defendants are going to like the results), where is the check and balance to the power of the Executive branch? Why should the Republicans automatically support the President's nominee? I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression that I elected my Senators to look out for my interests as well as the interests of the nation. You reference the Constitution, but did you ponder why the branches are separate? I don't like my Congresmen sleeping with the President.

03 June 2005, 11:00 PM
Gabber
*laughs* Oh Nora... you are special.

In a good way. That was hilarious. Big Grin

~Keri
04 June 2005, 03:27 AM
Brucy Braless
YaY! GO get him....

Its too bad Liberals dont beleieve in the Death Penalty..
I think most Republicans Deserve it.....!!!

Especially when they use my Odd little Capitalization Techniques...
The Bastards !!
05 June 2005, 08:27 AM
XF3
You are too funny please tell me you sent that back to the jackasses that sent it to you.

-----------------------------
My Space