Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    "Love Is A Lie"

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
"Love Is A Lie"
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
posted August 12, 2001 09:29 AM

Argeaux

My first version of this poem went "bye bye", and I wasn't that happy with it anyway, so I thought I'd try again.

Love Is A Lie

Lie with me, my love
While shadows fall
Across your pale visage

Lie for me, my love
When they question
The strength of our convictions

Lie to me, my love
Tell me you'll be here
As you fade in my embrace

Whisper you will always love me
For love is a lie

----------------------------------------

CorXena

I..uhm...you know,that´s a great one...I love it!!! [Smile]
thx for sharing!

eyezoom

this touched me.
love as haunting, fleeting, intangible, deceptive.

it reminds me a little of the Indigo Girls song "Ghost."

nicely done.

Argeaux

You know, I've always found that Indigo Girls song quite haunting - "In love with your ghost".

This poem, believe it or not, was inspired by Buccaroo. Go figure. [Big Grin]

Minion of Callisto

Inspired, huh?

Sounds to me more like it had been "haunted" by Buccy. [Smile] Though I have to admit he may heve been - at least partly - right back then. *sigh*

"Love is not just a word..." might sound nice in a song, but in reality...

Life sux. Sometimes.

Alex

Sara

Argy,

*sigh* Thank you sweet. I really really liked this poem. Thanks for posting it again, I actually like this version much better than the last one. [Smile] It really touched me last time and it still does now. If I were a different kinda gal or not in love with the most wonderful woman in the world, I'd be slightly inclined to agree, but since I'm not that kinda girl and I AM completely in love, I'll just appreciate the beauty and truth of this poem. Thanks again sweet, you made my day.

~ Sara

Nanzar

Hi Argeaux!
I like your poem. It's kind of sad, kind of real though. I thought about a few things while reading it. One is the marriage vows: to "love 'till death do you part" which my husband and I feel is very fitting. We don't plan on loving one another FOREVER! And I also thought about something I said to my nephew one time when he was about 6 or 7. They had a game they played where they would interupt him in the middle of something and just say "Hey Alex!" and He'ld say, "WHAT" and they would say, "I love you." Well I did that one time but after a pause I said... "and I'm not just sayin' that!"

My husband says that to me to this day! [Razz]

Argeaux

Glad you liked it, Sara.

I'm not surprised this version is more to your liking - I used you and Gabber as inspiration for one of the verses.

Sara

Then that just gives me reason to like it all the more.

Gabber

Argy,

*grins* I remember this one...I remember when you first wrote it over Buc's comment, and how it caught my attention right off the bat...didn't necessarily agree, but I still loved it -- just love the whole concept of it...and from what I can remember, I think I am liking this version better. Most definitely. Oh, and well, yes, the fact that Sara and I would play inspiration in a verse of this DOES add brownie points to it all, but overall, you know what I mean. [Big Grin] Thanks for sharing it again (all revised) with us, honey.

~Gabber

snowy

Ah, I remember this one. Liked it then and still like it. It's very good. You can feel it.

mons

ummm, i am not sure where the bye bye part went, but i sure do like this one. i like that you played with the word lie.

my favorite line is this one:

As you fade in my embrace

i really liked the dream like quality to it. especially when the rest of the poem is so concrete.... make sense? thanks for posting!

mons

[This message was edited by Lady Lazarus on 19 July 2003 at 04:12 AM.]

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post