Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    World Domination-The Contestant Search

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
World Domination-The Contestant Search
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted
Well, the Summer Doldrums (or Winter for my Southern Hemisphere Denizens) have set in and life on the Scroll is in need of a shake up. So it is with great pleasure that I announce the annual Scroller Reality Game. I've heard so many of you talk about taking over the world, the internet, the universe etc... How much of it is just talk? Want to test your mettle against other would be world tyrants? Who will dominate the World? Or at least the Scroll? Come throw down your gauntlet! Otherwise you might wake up to world ruled by a black cat with delusioins of grandeur. *CCg*

Rules and mechanics will be forthcoming, but I'd like to call out for contestants. Just fill out the following questionairre.

1. When you say that you are going to take over the world is it only halfway in jest?

2. In a concise statement of 25 words or less, tell us what the fundamental problem is with the world today.

3. Stalin
a) A right bastard
b) Bloody Brilliant
c) Lacked ambition
d) Almost took me out, but I got him first

4. The best form of government is:

a) Democracy
b) Constitutional Monarchy
c) The Republic
d) Government sucks! Anarchy rules!
e) Me

5. Will your rule start off with cold, brute force or will you seduce the masses with promises of a better future with you?

6. How do you solve a problem like Maria?

7. Technology is:
a) my friend
b) my servant
c) <smash!>
d) <burp!>

"One can survive everything, nowadays, except death, and live down everything except a good reputation."

Oscar Wilde

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Nightmare
Picture of Cora
posted Hide Post
1. yes it is lol I only really need Canada.

2. The Biggest problem with the world today is the fact that Rich people think they are their gods gift and that they have the right to Bully everyone ELSE around when we really should work together to solve the problems.

3. oh dear do I have to chose one or the other.. I mean ok so he was awful in many many ways, and yet in some he did have a good thing going? *shrug*

4. HAHA I will go with option E

5. well seems to me that I should take a poll ya know one of those phone ones and find out weither people like me or not.. then based on that poll, I will use brute force to convert those who dont suport me and of course it wouldnt hurt to seduce the suporters I already have.

6.A problem like Maria eh? lol Send her to a nunnary? lol or I could......send my secret Agents after her... you know my Powers, Austin Powers.

7. I beleive that would be c) <smash!> you dam piece of junk, why wont you work right?

Posts: 428 | Location: Canada | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Disciple
posted Hide Post
jest?...why i never kid. are you calling me a liar??

the fundamental problem with the world is that most people are living in denial. denial of one sort or another. i would just let it all go to hell, but i do have to live here. and if i have to live here, it might as well be done my way.

3...d ..he thought he was quick...and he was..just not quick enough.

4. a there's no need to lie now.

5. seducing...of course. brute force only makes you feared, but love and lust, those make them servants.

6. i AM maria...i assume there is no longer a problem, you may leave now.

7. b as they all will be.

"And though I can't be with you tonight
You know my heart is by your side"

[This message was edited by bailey on 01 July 2003 at 03:56 PM.]

Posts: 237 | Location: sodak | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Legend
posted Hide Post
1. When you say that you are going to take over the world is it only halfway in jest?
Of course not, silly mortal!

2. In a concise statement of 25 words or less, tell us what the fundamental problem is with the world today.
stupid people

3. Stalin

e) Me

5. Will your rule start off with cold, brute force or will you seduce the masses with promises of a better future with you?
The bold has it, baby.

Maria? Oh, do you mean that goody two-shoes I just sent to the gallows?

7. Technology is:
b) my servant

Smile Great idea, Smirk! Big Grin Smile

Posts: 144 | Location: NC | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
I mean what I say and I say what I mean.

Stupid people are breeding.

3. Stalin
c) Lacked ambition but where he failed, I will succeed.

e) Me

Seduce the masses of course. I can be very charming and charismatic, you know.

The same way that I catch a cloud and pin it down. Have I mentioned I can be very persuasive? Wink

7. Technology is:

b) my servant

Still the World's Biggest, Bestest Gabber Fan

I offer no apologies for the things that I believe and say
And I like it that way

So would I be out of line
If I said that I missed you

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post

Everything I say, I say with a hammer in one hand, aimed firmly at your head.

There aren't enough Argeaux's to go around. See, it's really all about me. More of me, less of you. I think that about covers it.

3. Stalin
a) A right bastard
b) Bloody Brilliant
c) Lacked ambition

Stalin was a pussy. Torture and killing ain't enough. You have to S-M-I-L-E while you're doing it.

e) Me
SEE ANSWER TO QUESTION 1.

I aim not to repeat the mistakes of Stalin.

Maria is no longer a problem. Maria is no longer. Cold, brute force took care of that. And I smiled as I made her "disappear".

7. Technology is:
a) my friend
b) my servant
c) <smash!>
d) <burp!>

See, there's nothing that cannot be controlled by me combined with cold, brute force. *she said with a cheshire cat-like grin*

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post

I may joke about a lot of things, but one of the things I'm serious about is conquering the world. That and destroying Sandra Sully. Or at least use a mind control device on her and then use her to control her army of robots I know she has for my own purposes.

I'm not ruling it. Yet.

3. Stalin

Hmm.. I'll go with..

c) Lacked ambition

e) Me

What I say, goes.

A little from column A, a little from Column B. I'll be the harsh but loveable dictator. I mean leader. Yes.

Depends what kind of mood I'm in.

7. Technology is:

For now it's c) <smash!> But soon it shall be my servant.

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Cora
As the first to reply you recieve 100 pts.
Your sincerity on the first three questions amuses Fate: 100 pts minus 25 for only wanting Canada. You'll never win that way.
Total as of 1 July 2003: 175

bailey
Get thee to a nunnery to raise funds. *g* 50 points for answering before the explanation was posted.
40 pts for #3. Paranoia will serve you well. 100 for the rest minus 10 points for not keeping #2 under 25 words.
Total as of 1 July 2003: 180

evilswine
50 points for the replying before the explanation. 100 points for answering the questionnaire with 50 points for the concise answer to #2. Remarkably, no deductions.
Total as of 1 July 2003: 200

Sara
50 points for the reason mentioned above. *g* 100 points for answering the survey with 50 bonus points for expanding on #2 in a relevant way. 10 points for getting the joke. No deductions--but don't get too cocky.
Total as of 1 July 2003: 210

Argeaux
50 points for coming out to play before even knowing what form the game would take. 100 points for answering the survey. 50 points for getting into the spirit of the game and 15 points for the commentary on #3.
Total as of 1 July 2003: 215

Salem
50 points for reasons as stated above, 100 points for answering the survey. 15 points for the cute attempt at trash talk and 20 points for #2. Ambition is very important.
Total as of 1 July 2003: 185

Joey Jo jo!
100 points for answering. 20 points, because answer #1 intrigues me and 15 points for the appeal to my prurient interests in #5. Minus 10 for tempting Fate on #6. *g*
Total as of 1 July 2003: 125

ETA: I will not actually keep track of the points. I am relying on the players to keep track of their own points--and naturally to make sure that their obstacles remain honest. *g*

[This message was edited by Moirae on 02 July 2003 at 08:27 PM.]

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Prolly too late to reply but why not, soon I'll rule the world and you'll have to listen even if I'm late...besides, I'm sweet and persuasive and you are falling under my spell... you are getting sleepy...

*ahem*

I do not joke about these matters. If there's a smile on my face it's only there there tryin' to fool the public...

Too many circus clowns, not enough circus freaks.

3. Stalin

e) Me *smiles sweetly*

seduction, dahling. *bats eyelashes*

A flibbertigibbet. A will-o'-the-wisp. A clown. (See, they're everywhere.)

7. Technology is:
a) my friend. You are all my friends. And together, under my leadership we will have wonderful lives... *smiles coyly and winks at the 84 lurking scrollers who viewed this thread but did not reply*

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Free chocolate

~~~~~~~~~~

Death is no obstacle.

Out of the ash
I rise with my red hair
And I eat men like air.

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post

The world is already mine... Just that no-one knows it yet! *g* Who said that the Norse Gods were dead? They haven't seen nothing yet.... Big Grin

All the mistery is gone. No one believes in the magic or the old gods... The elves, orches, dwarfes and trolls.... I miss the magic....

3. Stalin
a) A right bastard
b) Bloody Brilliant
c) Lacked ambition

Well.... I would go with an a)....

a) Democracy
b) Constitutional Monarchy
c) The Republic
d) Government sucks! Anarchy rules!
e) Me

As a Swede and proud women of the North I would say b).

I would probebly use a little bit of both...

Give her to Loke.... He would probebly teach her something more then just singing.... *g*

7. Technology is:
a) my friend
b) my servant
c) <smash!>
d) <burp!>

*g* Both c) and d).....

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Jubs
posted Hide Post
Why jest about something so easily won?

People tend to focus on far too trivial things. They focus on life, and health. I beleive they should be focusing on me, and what they can do for me.

3. Stalin
e)is not even worth thinking about

e) Me

I will, of course use seduction for everything. But of course, most who have been seduced will need to be subdued with brute (sexy) force.

Maria is best used to my advantage. Her free spirited ways fit rather nicely with my plans. Once I have her in control, all will be well.

7. Technology is:
b) my servant Though the term slave is more fitting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The hottest thing this side of Epworth, Iowa.

Posts: 920 | Location: Iowa, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
100 points each to lil997, Moonshade, and Jubilee.

and an extra 10 each because I've managed to shake off most of my foul Monday mood.

Scroller
Picture of MaxQ
posted Hide Post
Yes. I would have done so years ago but, I got lazy and drank too much beer instead.

The fundamental problem with the world today is the short attention span of 21st Century humans. You can't solve the world's problems today and play a round of golf tomorrow.

3. Stalin
a) A right bastard

a) Democracy[impossible]
b) Constitutional Monarchy[an oxymoron]
c) The Republic[It's given us Bush,Frist,Daschle,Hastert, and Pelosi...I think not]
d) Government sucks! Anarchy rules![At one time maybe but, too many AK-47s nowadays]

So, my answer is: e) Me[Why not?]

I've already seduced my share but, I like the sound of the latter better than the former. Not into brute force.

??? I know a lot of Marias. My favorite is my neighbor who hangs her underwear on my side of the property and her wet rugs on old man King's side.

7. Technology is:
a) my friend
God is a geek.

The mind is not a vessel to be filled but, a fire to be lighted - Plutarch

[This message was edited by MaxQ on 08 July 2003 at 01:30 PM.]

Posts: 28 | Location: Avon, NY USA | Registered: 02 July 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the game MaxQ.

100 points for answering the questionnaire.
100 bonus points for the answer to #1.

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
*grabs the 420 points allocated to lila997, Moonshade and Max Q and runs off with them*

Fate knows THEY ain't doing anything with 'em.

~~~~~~~~~~

Death is no obstacle.

Out of the ash
I rise with my red hair
And I eat men like air.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Fate strips the Lady of 1000 points...then strips the Lady just for the hell of it.

In addition to the starting points the players lila997, Moonshade, and MaxQ retain, the Lady's stripped points will distributed amongst you with Moonshade getting the extra point. Why Moonshade? I feel sorry for her spelling inability.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
We regretfully inform you that lila997 has been unceremoniously kidnapped against her will and forced to join a travelling band of Dancing Nekkid Gabrielles. She will be unavailable for World Domination at this time as once she is rescued she will be sent to a convent of Hestian Virgins for intensive reprogramming.
Fond regards,
Pwiestess Leah

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
See what happens when you're greedy? Only pussies need to steal other people's points. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Queen Sara's tip for the hour: Hestian virgins are overated, bring on a corrupted, dancing lila, that'd be fun to see. Smile

Still the World's Biggest, Bestest Gabber Fan

I offer no apologies for the things that I believe and say
And I like it that way

I alone love you
I alone tempt you
I alone love you
Fear is not the end of this

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Moirae Queen of Fates! You are to kind....

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

Leader of The Valkyries

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post