Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    "Arrogance"

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
"Arrogance"
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted
Enough said.

"Arrogance"

How arrogant would I be
To assume you ever think of me
That you spare me a moment of your time
Waiting for the washer to spin or the server to bring you online

How conceited could I get
Figuring you won't forget
In the long moments when I'm not on your mind
Will there come a day when you no longer find
that spare moment to wonder and reminisce
about me, she who you forgot to miss?

Self-important, self-centered, egotistical fool
To even give weight to the notion life hasn't moved on for you
Narcissistic, self-absorbed, full of haughty pride
To think I can have you whenever I decide

So tell me, how self-deluded and sad would it be
To hope and pray a part of you still loves me
To dream at night of that prized second chance
I've all but killed because of my arrogance.

--SMC

[This message was edited by Lady Lazarus on 21 July 2003 at 04:06 AM.]

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
<XexyWarriorGoddess>
posted
ooooooo.....me like!

Report This Post
<li'l tiki>
posted
Very cool poem, indeed. [Smile]

Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Sara,

Hey baby, I know I told ya what I thought of your poem tonight... *has to laugh* or did I? I was realizing throughout our convo that I was not really a woman of many words tonight, I was doing more of the "mmm hmm" thing. [Wink] But really, I do think this is a good one and see, personally I do think you got that will to write poems still in ya, it just comes out when there's something to write about that's hitting you strong in one way or another. That's usually what it takes. *has to grin a bit* As far as the arrogant idea...I've seen that on you a couple of times throughout our time together, but mostly I love the fact that you're a woman of confidence...and sometimes, where it applies, a woman of faith or hope. I know that that's the woman you really are or want to be. *grins* And since you're stubborn and determined like that, I can see it happening. [Wink] Honestly baby, I did like it, and I can see how all the points you talked about come into play... *sheepish little grin* I'm starting to ramble, I think I'll shush up. [Wink] *sheepish, soft smile* I love you baby, thanks for sharing, really. [Smile]

~Keri

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of The Troll
posted Hide Post
Really good poem here. I like the extra two lines in stanza two. Shows courage, even arrogance, the whole poem works on that level.

<Warrior Priestess 9>
posted
Hey Sara!
Really excellent poem, hon. Very powerful thought-provoking stuff there. Every stanza seemed to hit me harder than the last...it's really moving, truly it is. Thanks for sharing it. [Smile]

Report This Post