Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    Who's in the closet?

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Who's in the closet?
 Login/Join 
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted
I saw a magazine with something about Jodi Foster the other day and I just thouht to myself - this woman is so gay. I've always thought so, and I'm talking about back when I was young and unaware of such things as 'gaydar' or 'gay friendly'.

Anyone you've always had that hunch about?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes, I feel the fear of
Uncertainty stinging clear.
And I can’t help but ask
Myself how much I’ll let the
Fear take the wheel and steer.

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
off the top of my head without thinking too hard about it...
Kevin Spacey
Jeff Garcia (QB for the 49ers)
that big strappin' blonde woman that played Barbara the cop on Northern Exposure
the lady cop on Law & Order SVU
Judith Light

(lol--not really on the last one--just trying to huzzzz Shawn out. but i know she's very gay friendly & it seems like she's playing her D.A. character on Law & Order SVU gay...)

and hell yeah--major gaydar alert on Jody...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

i'm just a soul whose intentions are good;
oh lord please don't let me be misunderstood

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Yep, Jodi Foster is definitely gay. *pause* Wait...is this not well known? Like not published out there or something? Like no Melissa Etheridge "I'm out" type of statement? If not, oops... but yeah, she is.

I heard about her being a lesbian back oh... in 1994. A friend of my brother's was devastated because he'd always had a huge crush on her, and found out through a friend that she was indeed. Irony of ironies though when my brother's friend came out himself a year later. Wink

As for any celebrities, eh... I can't think of any off the top of my head. Dangit. Razz

~Gabber

"Things you said that day up on the 101
The girl had come undone-
I tried to downplay it with a bet about us
You said that-
You'd take it as long as I could not erase it

And I'm so sad
Like a good book, I can't put this day back
A sorta fairytale with you
A sorta fairytale with you..."

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
I speculate way too much (not that it's a bad thing in itself), so I'll just put Jodie into the "hope" category. While I'd love it if she came out, from what I understand she became extremely private after all that Hinckley business. I think under the circumstances it's more than understandable. Still, hope so Wink

I still haven't seen Panic Room, for some reason.

---------------------------------
There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis
Just like you swore to me that you'd be true
There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis
But he's a liar and I'm not sure 'bout you

Dream Scroller
Picture of CorXy
posted Hide Post
well...on my 'I wish they were gay and/or maybe they are - at least a bit bi' list are:

Lisa Marie Presley
Angelina Jolie
Jennifer Lopez
Hudson Leick
Melinda Clarke
Reese Witherspoon
Gillian Anderson
Britney Spears (plz,I dont wanna hear any snappy comments,thx!)
Anastacia
Christina Aguilera

...hmm...

Jo Marriott & Carly Bramwell Information Page

Inspirational Pain

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
i actually heard some inside info (3 or 4 times removed--you know how that goes...) that Gillian Anderson definitely is.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
Britney Spears (plz,I dont wanna hear any snappy comments,thx!)

too bad! .

Britney actually wanted to be gay, but all the lesbians got together and had a vote. it was unanimous--- NO @*%#ing WAY!!!!!

how could i resist that...? lol

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CorXena:
'I wish they were gay and/or maybe they are - at least a bit bi'

Comments like this intrigue me.

I have to wonder - why? Why would you wish people you don't even know were gay or 'at least a bit bi' (how do you even BE a 'bit' bi???)

If they WERE gay or bi how would that affect you? You don't actually know them so it's not like you would then be able to ask them out.

If it's because you would like to fantasise about them you can do that anyway, because you don't know them. You can fantasise that they are gay or bi or plant life, for that matter.

If it's because you would like them to be voices for Queers then they aren't doing much of a job at that, being that they haven't 'come out'.

It's all very, very interesting to me.

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of CorXy
posted Hide Post
..hm...you have a point there,Lady Lazy! Wink Hehehehe...

..I dunno why I wish they were gay or bi or whatever...

..hey,it's just all fun! dont take it too seriously,okay?!

Jo Marriott & Carly Bramwell Information Page

Inspirational Pain

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
Knowing that someone you're attracted to would never ever be willing or able to return your feelings does put a damper on the fantasy, don't you think? But to know that under the right circumstances it'd be possible? yeah, that helps.

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
I think Angelina Jolie (even though she married that dickhead), Cher, I agree with Kevin Spacey, Ryan Seacrest, of course Jodie Foster, that's all I can think of now. WXF Smile

But you're my source. When I reach down deep inside myself and do things I'm not capable of, it's because of you. Don't you know that by now?

Posts: 507 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heitie:
Knowing that someone you're attracted to would never ever be willing or able to return your feelings does put a damper on the fantasy, don't you think? But to know that under the right circumstances it'd be possible? yeah, that helps.
I don't think it puts any more of a dampner on the fantasy than being in a completely different country/time zone from that person.

That's the beauty of fantasy!

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fruity tart:
that big strappin' blonde woman that played Barbara the cop on Northern Exposure
the lady cop on Law & Order SVU

I LOVED Barbara (Diane Delano) and yep, I think she's a sister. She was also Bunny Hopstetter (gotta love that name) on "The Ellen Show" and she's been on ER. She cleans up pretty good

Oh, and little miss Mariska, I've been thinking that for many years now - cute litte shot of her and another that I think may be "in", Nancy McKeon

And I can’t help but ask

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Disciple
Picture of Brian
posted Hide Post
When I compare the aesthetic value of women v. men... well, dammit, I wonder why all women aren't gay. Men are lumpy and hairy and funny looking. Good thing men have all the power and money in this world, or we'd never get laid. Why anyone would prefer to wallow with swine than repose with the angels is beyond me.

Posts: 207 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Wink

And I can’t help but ask

Dream Scroller
Picture of CorXy
posted Hide Post

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
~~~~~
I LOVED Barbara (Diane Delano) and yep, I think she's a sister. She was also Bunny Hopstetter (gotta love that name) on "The Ellen Show" and she's been on ER
~~~~~

yeah--that's her. good to now my gaydar still works occasionally. she was hilarious on 'the Ellen show'.

what Shawn--no comment on Judith...? ;-)

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroll Disciple
Picture of XexyWarriorGoddess
posted Hide Post
Angelina Jolie *drool*

=============================
Now if only I hadn't lost that key to the World's Mass Destruction Kit.....
=============================
We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.

Posts: 243 | Location: Oblivion,Center of the Earth | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Not sure why my image is no longer working. Oh, well.

I miss Northern Exposure. It was good, good in a Xena way. You either got it, or you didn't. I wish there really was a Cicely, Alaska. I wish I lived there.

We need a new 'good'.

Anyone, caught in your mystery
Keep it angry
Keep it wispy
I've fallen down
Drunk on your juices
Turn my head
It's aimed at you

Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn:
I miss Northern Exposure. It was good, good in a Xena way. You either got it, or you didn't. I wish there really was a Cicely, Alaska. I wish I lived there.

We need a new 'good'.

Amen to that! I feel the same way. Nothing else even comes close. I want to live in Cicely!

Posts: 493 | Location: over here | Registered: 23 July 2003Report This Post
<VyperBlade>
posted
Is that Cicely pronounced like Sicily?

Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Yep, sure is.

Anyone, caught in your mystery
Keep it angry
Keep it wispy
I've fallen down
Drunk on your juices
Turn my head
It's aimed at you