Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    Scroller Camp Out

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Scroller Camp Out
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
OK I'm coming to the States and I want y'all to show me some good ol' fashioned hospitality, Scroller style.

Everyone who can get their butt down to Texas around that time should do so. It'll be like another Pasadena reunion with as many non-Pasadena goers as possible.

Post ideas in this thread for what we need to organise and who can help to do what. Also let us know if you're gonna be there.

Let's make this a weekend to remember! Smile

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
C'mon - post if you're attending.

These are some of the things I can think of that we need to organise:

• venue
  • camping equipment - tents, sleeping bags, beds, utensils
  • food
  • drink - water, alcohol, soft drink, etc.
  • amusing things to do - football, fishing?

Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Prof. Lurker
posted Hide Post
Last year it was Bailey who tried to organise an event like this, in Texas as well. By that time she had good options for the camping place.
I can't attend (good news Roll Eyes)

Posts: 571 | Location: Brasilia | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
i think i've got the place covered--i'll go ut early and place out a multuple site out at Pace Bend Park (lakeside--lots of trees--within walking distance to toilets). i also have 2 small (2 people each--semi-comfortably) tents besides my own, and i figure Ms. Lazarus will have dibs on one of those. i also plan on bringing a gas grill and a 2-burners propane stovetop, as well as a Coleman stove. i can probably cover the main coooking untensil situation between what ihave and what i can use from the shop.

i think we should try to think about basic menues. then i can purchase alot of the food & disposable Plates, etc. cheaper through my business and you all can reimburse me after.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

nice guys finish last

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
fishing would be doable for sure. i don't have enough gear for everyone, but i have some & Walmart is good for cheap fishing equipment. depending on the weather maybe even swimming is a possibility. by October it might actually be cool enough to enjoy a hike (as opposed to this time of year when you feel like you're re-enacting a scene from Bridge Over the River Kwai).

then there's all the after-dark events we partook of in Pasadena, like body shots and naked twister...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

nice guys finish last

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
oops! wasn't suppoed to metnion that, was i...?

too bad i can't edit!

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

nice guys finish last

Scroll Disciple
posted Hide Post
i want to be in, but i have to get my leave approved and work a few other things first. i'll have no problem being in charge of the alchohol and beverages. i can get the liquor cheaper from the class six we have on base. so once we get everyone established that wants to go, i'll do the same as zoom and start a beverage thread and we'll do cost and stuff like that. i can seperate the soda stuff from the liqour if you don't want to drink so that way you don't have to pay for liquor.

this should be a pretty cheap trip apart from the actual traveling. if you have to fly in, i know that we can arrange travel for you to the campsite. i'll be driving so i'll volunteer to do that too, if there's not a problem with sitting on my jeep floor, cause i have the backseat out.

i have a tent, i'm not sure how big it is, but i'll find out. i can probably scrounge up another one as well.

i'm in for fishing, i can bring my gear, but all my extra stuff is in illinois, but i share well.

body shots you say? pick me, pick me...lol.

*why hasn't our coordinator made it in here yet? lol*

~b

"I’ve got a little black cloud
That follows me.
Everywhere I go,
It takes over me."

Posts: 237 | Location: sodak | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Disciple
posted Hide Post
here's some park info if you want to check it out...

http://www.austinlakeproperty.com/Pace%20Bend%20Park.htm

"I’ve got a little black cloud
That follows me.
Everywhere I go,
It takes over me."

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Well that seems to cover my next question which was whether we want each to cater for their own or do some kind of joint thing. I'd be more than happy to reimburse for food and drink.

bailey - if it's cool with you can we go with zoomy's suggestion for a camp site? She seems to have one well sussed out.

Let's start working on a food menu and a drinks menu then, shall we?

FOOD

OK I'm not as down with Yankee food as y'all are but it seems to me that sausages, burgers and bread would be good for one night. Easy to transport, cook and eat. Ya don't even need plates or utensils.

We could keep breakfast simple - cereal and milk or toast and vegemite. Wink Tea, coffee, me. Big Grin

Lunch could be what I think you call "cold cuts" and salad sandwiches. Maybe some cordial or cheap juice to drink.

That takes care of just about everything except for snacks and another evening meal, if we need it.

Someone else got other suggestions?

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
DRINK

I'm open to any suggestions. Wink

I would personally like to see some damn fine beer, some red wine and some spirits for the body shots. You know - those ones were aren't going to mention.

D'OH!

As I said before some juice and cordial for meals and snacks. Water too. It would be good if someone has one of those drums with a tap on it that you can refill to keep up a steady supply of fluids.

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
i really thnk youguys should trust my on the site. he place i'm thinking about is quintessetial Hill COuntry while being fairly accessible from town.

i think BYOB might be the way to go on booze. do you really want to be travelling cross country with a load of booze like some modern day bootlegger? plus, fine beer and wine selection is a hands on endeavor.

is anyone else coming to this little soiree??

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

nice guys finish last

Scroll Disciple
posted Hide Post
okay, apparently i'm just a little confused...see above, the park you mention is pace bend. that's where the website goes. are you doing some convert mission here and not letting us in on it? Wink i don't care where we go, i just trying to provide info for anyone who's not familiar with what a camping experience would be like.

trust me, i've traveled from texas to illinois with large amounts of alchohol. keeps the cops on their toes...lol. i don't care how we do things. really, i'm easy. so with that being said, it sounds like we pretty much have the food covered.

more than likely i won't be able to come, but i like to think positive for the time being. i know there are more people out there that want to come, don't be shy. if you build it, they will come. okay, i'm done now...lol.

~b

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
I wanna go...but I've no earthly idea if I'll be able to do so. Confused

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
you must try to attend

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

i love the smell of napalm in the morning

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Will the following slack bastards please post in this thread?

Gabber
Lola
Sara
Shawn

Thank you. Smile

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
*smirk* If you insist, Laz. Wink

There. I posted. Razz

*smirk* Okay no really... I can tell you upfront that I won't be attending. Camping is so not my thing. Unless you want someone there who will be complaining about the bugs and running around the campsite screaming every single time a bee comes around. Razz Me and the camp-like outdoors have never agreed with each other. I can handle snow, beaches, etc...but not camp-like stuff. Uh uh. So yep, you can basically count on me not being there.

I will however most likely (90%) be in Texas the week before. Working on the details surrounding that. Doing my travel agent thing. Big Grin

Hey...anybody need a travel agent? I'll help you out. Big Grin Wink

~Gabber

"I'll be more than a lover
More than a woman
More than a lover
I'll be more than enough for you..."

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Disciple
posted Hide Post
this is my official 'can't go camping post.' had some other plans interfere with the camping time. but who knows, maybe next time. Smile

*oh and a shameless bump to get this back near the top.* Big Grin

~b

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
What with my roommate going nuts on me, I have to find a new place to live pronto. Chances are, I will not have the funds to go. Sorry, ladies. It sounds like it will be a blast.

Between living with the OCD and the ADD, give me the ADD.

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Slack bastard reporting. Razz

I'm going camping and with you people. So you all better show up and be there so we can have tons of fun. And that's all there is to it. Big Grin

I have spoken. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Still the World's Biggest, Bestest Gabber Fan

I offer no apologies for the things that I believe and say
And I like it that way

Tear me up
Start me over
Make me become your ideal
Break what's me
Change how I think
Tell me what to feel

Because it's all for you
And who am I to protest?

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Cool.

So it'll be the four muskateers!

And all Ficters - le, Sara, zoomy and Argy.

Heaven help the great outdoors. Big Grin