Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    Cinematic True Confessions- a 1 question survey
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Cinematic True Confessions- a 1 question survey
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
Okay, fess up.

here's the question:

What ultra-huge movie or tv show that "everyone" has seen and that is totally a pop culture reference have you never seen?

I'm not talking haven't seen because you are too young for it or whatever. I mean in the you-were-there-and-it- existed-in-your-lifetime-right-under-your-nose-but-you-totally-missed-it way. As in, people will say "You've never seen ________??!!?" [Eek!]

[ November 07, 2002, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: lila997 ]

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I'll go first.

I'm a child of the 80's so these are big ones for my generation.

I've never seen Ghostbusters. I've also never seen an episode of Miami Vice.
[Embarrassed]

[ November 07, 2002, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: lila997 ]

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
<Rufena>
posted
Actually I just got around to watching E.T. last weekend and don't worry about Ghostbusters i've not seen it, either. My husband nearly choked when I told him I had never seen E.T. "Everyone has seen E.T.!!!!!" he said. Well, not this cowgirl. well, not until last weekend.

Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
I only just recently saw Titanic.. so if this was asked sooner, I coulda said that but no.. hmm..

Oh.. how about Lord of The Rings? Though I will see that soon, my uncle leant me the DVD so I suppose i'll watch it..

Other than that I can't think..

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Warlord Scroller
posted Hide Post
Never saw any of the Screams, Blair Witches, Halloweens, Friday13ths and Elm Streets.
I also escaped Saturday Night Fever, Grease & Flashdance, Ghost, Dirty Dancing, ET, Officer & Gentleman, Pearl Harbour and Free Willy.

And now for something completely different. [Big Grin]
A few major blockbusters I wish I HAD given a miss:

Titanic
First Knight
Top Gun
Batman II - IV
The Rockies and Rambos
Independence Day
Love Story
Episode One & Two
... and anything with a Dino in it.

ignorant [Razz]
The Xenatizer

Posts: 314 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 July 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
i wish i had the time back i spent watching all the crap you just listed. know you missed nothing. except E.T.--it's a worthwhile watch.

never saw Titanic. mainly cuz i avoid Celine Dion like ebola, and i didn't want to hear that damn song.

not "cinematic"--but i can't say i'd recognize any given boy band--don't know NSYNC from Backstreet Boys from Menudo.

[ November 08, 2002, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: raindog ]

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Warlord Scroller
posted Hide Post
ROFL! You have my sympathy.

Talking of songs..., 'Everything I Do' nearly prevented me from watching that rather nice Robin Hood. But since Alan Rickman was in it, I forced myself. -g-

Hehe... it is said that when they freed 'Ötzi' from the Austrian glaciers and thawed him, he woke and asked with dread: "Is Brian Adams still number one?"

[Wink]
The Xenatizer

Posts: 314 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 July 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Jubs
posted Hide Post
I had never seen Silence of the Lambs until about....40 minutes ago. *shudder* creepy, but The Ring still is the scariest movie I've ever seen. [Wink]

I've never seen any pre-Pierce Brosnan Bond movie in full. I've seen small scenes when flipping channels, but i'm soon bored to pieces and change it.

I'd like to say I'd never seen Shrek, but, alas, I have.

Posts: 920 | Location: Iowa, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
<Motoki>
posted
quote:
Eyezoom wrote:
i wish i had the time back i spent watching all the crap you just listed.

o/~ If I could turn back time o/~ [Wink]

I've never seen Silence of the Lambs either, or the rather gratitously gory (so I'm told) Hannibal or the recent Red Dragon.

I only very recently saw Blair Witch and laughed through the whole thing it was so cheesy and bad. What the hell were people thinking?

I must say I am continually shocked and amazed though at how many people have not seen the wonderfully campy classic Mommy Dearest (hey it ain't just me either, it's on RuPaul's list of top 10 movies ever)

-MO

Report This Post
<CatDaddyChris>
posted
Ive never seen chasing amy. Does that count?

cat

Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Do you believe in life after Cher?:
... it's on RuPaul's list of top 10 movies ever)

-MO

ooh. what else is on the list?

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I've never watched one episode of Charmed.

I never saw Hill Street Blues or NYPD Blue.

Closer to home, I've never seen one episode of Home and Away or (this is the biggie that will mean nothing to people outside of Australia) not ONE episode of Blue Healers.

I've never seen Jaws.

OK, I think that's about enough social embarrassment for one evening.

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Prof. Lurker
posted Hide Post
Harry Potter.

Posts: 571 | Location: Brasilia | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of CorXy
posted Hide Post
I never saw: Blair Witch Project,Scream 1-3,Halloween,Rocky,Terminator,Silence of the Lambs..I could go on forever...there´s so many movies,tv-shows and stuff that I´ve never seen although everybody knows it!

<AP>
posted
I've never seen Gone with the Wind or watched St. Elsewhere or Hill Street Blues.

[ November 08, 2002, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: Amazon Priestess ]

Report This Post
<Motoki>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by raindog:
ooh. what else is on the (RuPaul's) list?

RUPAUL'S TOP TEN FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL- TIME:

1) the wizard of oz

2) grease

3) mommie dearest

4) elvira, mistress of the dark

5) the rocky horror picture show

6) chinatown

7) moulin rouge

8) whats up doc?

9) paris is burning

10) lady sings the blues

( list is subject to change )

posted @ 9:20 PM

Monday, December 10, 2001

Report This Post
<Chianna>
posted
I've never seen Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Schindler's List, or any of the Alien movies.

-------------------------------------------------

Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
I've never watched a complete Farscape or Charmed..in fact only tiny bits of one or two episodes.

I haven't seen Pretty in Pink or Lord of the Rings.

My ex-husband saw The Empire Strikes Back for the first time about 5 years ago, even though he'd seen the other two a hundred times. In fact there are several he still hasn't seen...Revenge of the Nerds is one, I think...

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
I honestly can't think of any significant flic I've missed. That's bad, isn't it?

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
<Aeryn Sun>
posted
I haven't seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show, never seen any Monty Python movies or Pulp Fiction. Haven't seen any of the Terminator or Rocky movies either.

[ November 10, 2002, 01:04 AM: Message edited by: Aeryn Sun ]

Report This Post
<xenacrazed>
posted
i never have seen any of those so-called reality
tv shows like Survivor, Big Brother, MTV People on
the Road (whatever it's called), etc.

i've never seen the Star Trek movies or any of the
Star Trek spin-offs- i have seen parts of reruns
of the original Star Trek. Most of what i know about Star Trek has been through parodies of it.

Never saw the Godfather movies, Pulp Fiction or too many gangster type movies. Never saw Top Gun.
Nor Saving Private Ryan, Pearl Harbor or too many war movies.

Never seen Seinfield, Roseanne, or Drew Carey tv
shows. Or Cheers.

i've only seen up to 15-20 min of a few Buffy eps, never a whole show. Tried to get into it but couldn't.

Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Argeaux:

Closer to home, I've never seen one episode of Home and Away or (this is the biggie that will mean nothing to people outside of Australia) not ONE episode of Blue Healers.

*passes out*

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
<Alan>
posted
Never saw Jurassic Park or Titanic. I just didn't want to watch people drown for two hours.

I never saw any of the Hannibal Lector pictures, except "Manhunter", when he was played by a different actor.

Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
from what i heard about Titanic, by the time they finally got around to the drowning, you were damn ready for the ship to go down.

Scroll Guru
Picture of mons
posted Hide Post
never seen:

Wizard of Oz
ANY Godfather movies
ANY Alien movies
Scarface
Gone With the Wind
Blair Witch
Exorcist
Jaws
Rocky Horror Picture Show

or hill street blues or NYPD

Uh, there's more... but these are the ones i have heard "OH MY GOD YOU HAVEN'T SEEN____" the most. i can't remember the rest cause... well, i haven't seen 'em!!! [Razz]

mons