Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    she was never anything less than beautiful
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
she was never anything less than beautiful
 Login/Join 
Scroller
posted
My sister Hayley...

...Died this morning at 07:30am, as a result of the spreading cancer she had. She was 31 and has a three month old baby boy, Joseph. Her and her husband David, had been married little over a year.

Some things in this world just aren't right, no matter how hard you try to justify them.

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
That's heartbreaking. I'm so sorry...

<Shane>
posted
My prayers to you and your family.

Report This Post
<~Amazon Priestess~>
posted
I'm very sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Report This Post
Warlord Scroller
posted Hide Post
True, Linx..., some things aren't just... nor do they make any sense to cling on to.
... and I know how you feel right now.
I won't give you any 'chin up, girl' or 'time heals' speeches, cos right now all that counts for all left behind is... just coping.
Huddle up... and please don't be alone down there.
I wish you and everybody of the family at a loss the strength to pull through this.

Take good care of yourself, d'ya hear?
If there isn't any sense, you'll have to make it.

vibing
Ulrich

Posts: 314 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 July 2003Report This Post
Scroll Legend
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear this, Linxi. My heart and thoughts are with you and your family.

Posts: 144 | Location: NC | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
<CorXena II>
posted
Oh my god! [Frown] I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you and your family!

She was a beautiful woman!

...there's no justice in this world! It's always the wrong ones,the innocents who are punished and have to suffer! [Frown]

[ December 11, 2002, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: CorXena II ]

Report This Post
<False Hope>
posted
Sorry for your loss Linxi.
I'm also sorry for all of us who never got to meet her - I am sure she was a wonderful person.

People will tell you it gets easier or time will heal all wounds. It's not true. My sister is also gone and I still miss her - every single day. When you need to cry - just make sure you don't cry alone.

Report This Post
<Corawarrior>
posted
I'm sorry Linxi...
be strong! thoughts are with you!

Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear it. My thoughts are with you.

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
<Re llik>
posted
My condolances to you and your family.
~take care, and take solace in your family as well as your fellow scrollers.

[ December 11, 2002, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: Rellik ]

Report This Post
<xenacrazed>
posted
i'm very sorry to hear this, Linxi. i'll keep
your family in my thoughts...

Report This Post
<Donna...the CC>
posted
Dear Linxi,

In a time like this I am reminded of a poem you wrote when my mom passed away March 2000. Here are those lovely words you penned in hope that they comfort you as they did me:

quote:

Doesn't seem quite right
you want to wake up from this nightmare
and make it all a dream
All we'll ever really know though
is nothing is ever what it seems.

Some people live in fortune,
Other exist in pain.
Searching for our purpose
is much better than dying in vain.

Knowing that she's out there,
never far away,
keep that thought in your mind
each and every day.

If in your soul her memory lives
then she is always alive
soaking in the memory of her dying
Won't allow your soul to strive.

My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Report This Post
<Lisa>
posted
[Frown] [Frown] [Frown] It's so sad and unfortunate. I will keep you and your family in my prayers tonight. Be strong. Your sister is watching over you now, and I'm sure she doesn't want you to fall apart because of this. Like False Hope said, don't cry alone. You will always miss her, but it will get better eventually. Still, the wounds will never completely heal. Just remember, we're always here for you when you need our support. Make sure to have a good cry when you need to. Don't keep your emotions inside, or else it will get worse.

Report This Post
<Motoki>
posted
Linxi: That's so terrible. I don't really know what to say. I'm so sorry. [Frown]

You know, I'm sure people have told you this before but you can tell that you are sisters. You resemble each other, especially around the eyes.

My best wishes to your family in this time. It's such a tragedy, she was so young and just had a little baby and had so much to live for. [Frown]

Report This Post
Scroll Guru
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry this happened. All I can really say is hang in there and take the advice other scrollers have given. We're all here for you.

Posts: 218 | Location: OR....or what? | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of The Troll
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your loss Linxi. It comes as sudden news to me, but I suppose you have been suffering with this for a long time. Even so, the finality of death is more than anyone expects. Give yoursenf time for this part too.

You will remember her beauty in more ways than you realize now, and that will be an unexpected blessing as time passes.

God be with you and your family.

Scroller
posted Hide Post
Hey babe, I posted in your livejournal too. Didn't start crying until I read what you wrote there. I hope you slept okay after we said bye to each other.

<33333333 Give Talie a hug for me.

Posts: 7 | Location: Fl, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
<BrucyBraless>
posted
Im so sorry Linxi..
I love you

take care...

Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
hold the people you love close. your sister will always be with you.

zoom

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
<BrucyBraless>
posted
Im posting this for Callisto aK:

Linxi: I'm sure that you probably don't remember me, but I remember you when I used to come to the Scroll and you are one of the scrollers that I still remember fondly.
Your sister was a beautiful woman and I know that you and your family are going through hard times right now. My prayers are with you tonight and for as long as you need them. I wish I could be there to give you some real hugs, but I hope these virtual hugs do some good *HUGS*.

Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
As we all are, I am thinking of your family in their time of need.
I hope you have some close family and friends to grieve with, as it makes the process somewhat easier..(although it is never easy)

My thoughts also go out to your brother in law and nephew.

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
[Frown] I'm so sorry to hear.......

Posts: 538 | Location: Santa Monica, CA | Registered: 28 July 2003Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
Thanks all so much for your support. I guess I just can't believe its real, although we were told she was going to survive, we were told she had at least two months.

Doctors are so screwed. Last time they said three days, and she was here for two months more, and now they say two months, and its three days later. I don't understand them sometimes. It doesn't seem right at all, she was fine 6months ago. She was diagnosed in the first week of september and we were going to disney world june next year [Frown]

<Chausen22>
posted
My Prayers and thoughts are with you and your family Linxi.. Take Care

Report This Post