Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    Ficters Challenge 8
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Ficters Challenge 8
 Login/Join 
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
"very good, Mandrake. burning bushes and purple smoke. what else ya got? can you make it rain frogs? maybe some pink bunnies? i've seen better magic in a Calcutta street show. come out where i can see you, you cowardly bastard." as the smoke cleared, Xena could see Mandrake seated behind Gabriel on his horse, predictably holding a jeweled dagger to the young warrior's throat. "As you wish, Xena." Mandrake whisked his free hand through the air, and instantly Gabriel was alone on the grassy hillside, more than a little bewildered by the sudden disappearance of both Xena and the madman who had so recently rendered him utterly powerless. but there was no time for confusion--Gabriel knew what he had to do. Gabrielle was the answer, and he had to continue on to find her.

[ August 22, 2002, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: now: back to being eaten by crabs ]

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
"Well, well, well, Xena, isn't this lovely. Gabrielle, Gabriel and Gydnia," Mandrake smirked.

"Goodness me what great globs of ghastliness I can get going for your gang."

Mandrake's taunting was one thing, but aliteration was completely uncalled for. Xena sensed a warrior rage beginning to rise in her. Meanwhile Gabriel, running through fields as fast as he could, was halted in his tracks as he collided with a stranger racing in the opposite direction. He helped the golden-haired woman to her feet.

"Sorry, I didn't see you," he gasped.

As the woman looked at him, he saw herself in her eyes and stepped back in shock. Light seemed to be radiating out of his face.

"I've been looking for you," said the woman, "You are the child of the light I've been seeking. My name is Gabrielle."

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
<Chianna>
posted
"Xena has been taken by Mandrake" Gabriel said.
"Then we don't have much time, we must return to Gdynia." Gabriel followed Gabrielle, they moved quickly, but Gabriel still could not clear his head. How was he supposed to defeat such power and experience? He felt like a phony. He felt he might not live up to Xena's expectations of him. They arrived just outside of Gdynia and made camp. After a light meal Gabrielle easily drifted off to sleep. She was exhausted. Gabriel too was exhausted. But sleep wouldn't come. His mind was racing. He felt defeated. In his state of weakness, he asked for clarity. He decided to go for a walk. He reached a small lake and decided to go for a swim. Suddenly he felt like he wasn't alone.
"Who's there?" he shouted. Then he heard a voice.
"Don't be afraid Gabriel. You must embrace your destiny." A woman appeared in front of him. "Hello Gabriel, you are the child of the light. It is time for you to develop it."
"Who are you? What do you mean?" he asked.
"I am a guide, I was sent to present your power to you."
"My power? I have no power. Mandrake has taken Xena and I could do nothing."
"You have great power Gabriel, and with it you can defeat Mandrake."
"There is one in Gdynia that can help you. His name is Tolas. He knew your parents, and he knows your power. He waits for you." she said.
"How will I find him?" Gabriel asked.
"He will find you." She gave Gabriel an amulet and disappeared.

Report This Post