Notify
Tools
Dangerous
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
eyezoom, Smirk Morgan, Sara and Argeaux going camping together.

Stay tuned.

~~~~~~~~~~

I’m not so sure that the term refers to an amicable argument; in my experience argy-bargies are often not only heated discussions but also rather bad-tempered ones, amounting to a spat or minor quarrel. But then, the term is mainly a British or old Commonwealth one, not that well known in the US, and easily misunderstood out of context.

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
just add Jagermeister and stir....

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

[This message was edited by Blind Lemon Pledge on 07 October 2003 at 08:28 AM.]

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Opus1EJC
posted Hide Post
anxious to see the pictures taken at this event Wink

opus

"If God created me in His image, I have more than returned the compliment."

-- Mrs. Betty Bowers

Posts: 90 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Pictures will be posted shortly, as will ones of Opus and Argy and zoom two-steppin'. Wink

Sara and Smirky have just left Chez Zoom in Faith (Sara's car) and are heading back home in what was agreed to be a successful camp out, by all.

le, Shawn and Alison (Shawn's girlfriend) also came to the camp last night (Saturday) so there were Scrollers aplenty.

Highlights included rowdy games of Xena scrabble, swimming, shots and beers, cuban cigars and Argy generally making an arse of herself (pictures of the calamitous kite flying debacle WILL follow).

Everyone went home full of Chef Zoom's good food, Nora's celebratory beers, Sara's Mexican cookies and Argy's Aussie delicacies - Tim Tams, Mint Slice, Wagon Wheels and, of course, Lamingtons.

Each camp participant also received a commemorative mug signed by the core attendees in the colour amethyst. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

I’m not so sure that the term refers to an amicable argument; in my experience argy-bargies are often not only heated discussions but also rather bad-tempered ones, amounting to a spat or minor quarrel. But then, the term is mainly a British or old Commonwealth one, not that well known in the US, and easily misunderstood out of context.

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
Yay, sounds like fun fun fun had by all!

I'm wondering who won Xena Scrabble, or did the game/games not get finished properly due to the rowdyness? Smile

I'm really looking forward to seeing the pictures now Big Grin

---------------

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
The North Texan/Oklahoman contingent has reached Ft. Sara and our resident lawyer has begun her journey home.

Much fun WAS had by all. And I'd just like to say now...

I admit nothing, I cannot confirm anything, and I am held harmless for any activities I may or may not have participated in over this past weekend, except for having a good Australian accent, cause Argy said I did. Big Grin

Put that on your Scrabble board and suck it. Heh. Big Grin

I offer no apologies for the things that I believe and say
And I like it that way

Your wretched little lives have all been cursed
Cause of all the witches working, I'm the worst

I put a spell on you
A wicked spell...

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
yup yup. mucho fun.

though they all need a little work at throwing the football (Argy gets a pass due to her foreigner status... Wink). SmirkMorgan proved that the "lila997 catching-test" still pretty much works.

pj would be happy to know i was the first to bleed & get burned (but then again, chefs do that...). she'd also like the knife that some guy found and gave me at the cove where we swam.

i wouldn't say Nora entirely dominated at Scrabble, but she won enough for us to call her several names that, were i to recount them, i'd then have to move this to FC. as i recall she won 2, i won one and then the team of she and i won the last one.

more as a i come out of the haze...i think it's gonna take a couple days to fully recover.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

[This message was edited by Blind Lemon Pledge on 07 October 2003 at 08:29 AM.]

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
y'all forgot about the wet t-shirt. Wink

[This message was edited by Blind Lemon Pledge on 07 October 2003 at 08:16 AM.]

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
sorry--i hit "edit" & not "quote"--lemme fix that...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

the name's Batman,
but you can call me Bob...

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SmirkMorgan:
y'all forgot about the wet t-shirt. Wink

are you kidding? i'm keeping the t-shirt as a souvenir...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

the name's Batman,
but you can call me Bob...

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I won't even TELL you what she's been doing with it. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Has she given it to Stella to wear? Wink

hehe..it could be the Travelling Scroller Trophy. To be passed from Scroller to Scoller.

your profuse drinking will bring ye to the grave.
http://mewing.net/deathquiz.shtml

"I have a degree from the University of Life, a diploma from the School of Hard Knocks, and three gold stars from the Kindergarten of Getting the Shit Kicked Out of Me."

Captain Edmund Blackadder: Blackadder Goes Forth

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post