Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    "Love Story"

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
"Love Story"
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted
posted July 23, 2001 02:09 AM

Sara

Dedication: For Kate, who gave me the idea in the first place; for Argy, who had a front row seat to it all and seems to miss our 'love story' as much as we do; and for Keri, you are my love and the greatest gift I've ever received.

"Love Story"

On a fateful day in December...
Close your eyes, do you remember?
You replied with words so tender
And so began my surrender

The time passed and we grew close
It started to show in our numerous posts
Through the beautiful poetry and the prose
It became obvious to most

Until one special February night
Because of one person's genuine insight
Balancing on a thin rope so tight
I waited for the words that would fill me with light

And the words were said I SO needed to hear
Suddenly the confusion became crystal clear
I had never felt any freer
In the early morning, I cried happy tears

And so it went in a love filled haze
You invaded my thoughts, nights and days
With each new milestone, I was amazed
At you, your loving heart and gentle ways

Then heartache and trials we overcame
From fear, to betrayal, to acts of shame
We even wondered if we'd ever be the same
But that's when brightest burned our flame

So here we stand, side by side
A three cord strand, with God as our guide
Holding steady, until the day we don't have to hide
The fact that our love will not be denied

Because you are my love and my best friend
Rest assured, your heart I will defend
And on me, you can depend
For I will be here until the end.

--SMC

----------------------------------------

Argeaux

And once again I get a treasured front row seat.

I don't usually like poems that rhyme, because the effort seems to go into the rhyming, not any originality behind it.

This poem is an exception.

The rhyming actually enhances the fairy tale feel of that wonderful, crazy, falling-in-love sensation.

What a magical time that was.

And still is. [Smile]

Gabber

Sara,

That was wonderful, truly. I'm not even sure if I could have pulled off writing about our love story like you just did. I swear, there's something special I like about each stanza...whether it's "balancing on a thin rope so tight" or "a three cord strand with God as our guide" or something as simple as "you are my love and my best friend" -- there's something special about it all. But I must say I really really liked that thin rope line. Otherwise, I'm not really sure what to say...except for that our love story will always be something I'll remember in my heart and my mind, even if we don't have the archive to help "refresh" it every now and then. Those were special times...from the poetry and life talking...to the banter...but most especially, my favorite moment will always be Argy trying to bury us together. LOL, that was just a classic moment. Just thank you for sharing this, and surprising me...and just thank you for all the good times...and for making it through the bad times with me. I love you, baby. [Smile]

~Keri

Argeaux

We can always recreate those times ...

*gets her shovel and spare jacuzzi ready

mons

sara,

i have to agree with gabber here, this was excellently put. i mean, it was simple, and honest.... kinda like you two-- nothing but the love. and i really enjoyed the subtle rhyming scheme as well. something about that tight rope stanza was really cool.

i was really set aback after i read this one, and didn't know what to say... i think i have read it some ten times by now, and still don't know what to say. i just know that it was good, and it was full of hope and love.

just thought i'd tell you i remember that december. i mean, we all got into the scrolls at about the same time. and i noticed right away how well you two got along, and how it seemed that everytime i was going to respond to one of gabber's things or yours i was finding a conversation going on... i felt like such a voyeur... but i had to read them.

and even though i always said i felt i was interupting... i loved the hell out of it--being a nosey little bugger. not very often does one get to see real love develop so concretely.

anyhoo... great poem... keep it up.

mons

Argeaux

You have all been a great addition to the scrolls - Sara, Gabber, mons and WP9.

GROUP HUG!!

Gabber

Argy -- LOL! Don't tempt me, m'dear...we all know I wouldn't mind being buried again.

Awwww.... group hug! I love group hugs!

*attacks Argy, Sara, mons, and WP9 in huge ol' hug, promptly smothering them as much as possible*

~Gabber

Sara

Argy, Thank you my friend, especially since I know you don't care for rhyming poetry, it made your compliment all the more special. And I'm with ya there honey, it was and still is magic. Thanks for the reply, and you know you always got a front row seat, believe me, you've certainly earned it. [Wink]

Keri, I'm glad you liked it love, I truly am. I was hoping to maybe pull this off and do our love story a tiny bit of justice. And ya know what...you picked my favorite lines in the whole thing, the 'tight rope' line and the 'three cord strand' line, I was quite amazed I pulled those off to tell ya the truth. I'll give you a little insight, I remember we were discussing that night one evening and you said how you were 'walking on a wire' waiting for my response...so I just incorporated that, and my feeling of walking a fine line into the poem, and the resulting line is what you got. My heart was racing and I was trembling slightly, waiting for you to answer me after I told you that I loved you, and that I meant it that way, just FYI. As for the 'three cord strand' line...well, it's always been important to me that we have that going on, how could I not put it in our love story? But I'm with you there, our love story will always be imprinted in my heart, regardless of the archives, it's some of the most special memories I have. *grins* Yes, Argy buryin' us together holds a spot with me too. I'm glad you liked it and that I was able to surprise you. And no need to thank me for stickin' with you love, remember? We're in this together, you can't lose me...you're not that lucky. Nah, you know I'm there through good times and bad, I'm in this for keeps baby. I love you.

mons, Well gee...thanks, no really, thanks alot. I tried for honesty and simplicity and from what you say, I succeeded, GO ME! Hehe. Yeah, I liked the tight rope stanza myself, one of my fav lines, put alot of me into it. *laughs* I remember, you would be all "Sorry to interrupt, looks like ya'll have a conversation going here..." but your replies and responses were always welcome, it never felt like an intrusion, more like a friend stopping in to kinda jolt us from our reverie with each other and remind us "Hey...this IS a public forum, whoops." hehe. Tsk, you and that curiousity and voyeuristic tendencies, I swear, that's gonna get ya in trouble one of these days! Hehe. Nah, thanks for replyin' and for your comments, means much. Thanks bunches m'friend.

*gives Argy, mons, WP9 & Gabber a wary look* Sorry, I'm not into the group thing, ya'll just carry on without me. And Argy...no flirting with my girl! [Razz]

~ Sara

KC

That was beautiful Sara, it was a brief glimpse into something wonderful for you, and that's what makes life all the sweeter [Smile]

Sara

KC,

Gosh...I've never seen you post in FF & P before, I'm humbled, wow. But thank you, really. I'm glad you enjoyed it enough to post a reply. Yeah, there's much more to our 'love story' but I think I managed to capture a small bit of what it was and is. You're right dear, it does make life all the more sweeter! Thanks again, and don't be a stranger.

~ Sara

KC

I won't And I am working on some fan fic of my own...

mons

*runs from out of nowhere screaming*

WOOOOO-HOOOO!!! GROUP HUG!!!

mons

sara,

i know, i was always saying that, and probably would have dropped in on your conversations a little more, but i felt like such a little nosey girl. he he. i was all "oooh, oooh, i want be the third wheel!! i do!!" but, i don't like to be in other people's simmering conversations... [Wink] neither of you ever made me feel silly for coming in all "hey, i know it's been like twelve days since you posted this, and you are talking about like what you do for a living and hot tubs... but let me tell you..." *laughing*

i think that wire and tight rope thing really read through in your poem... sometimes its all about the poet.

voyeurism? get me in trouble? naaaahhh... my parole officer said it doesn't count online since i am not 'TECHNICALLY' watching anyone..... but thanks for the reminder.

mons

GTG

Truly a lovely poem! I am touched as I know a small part of that was about me.

Nothing makes me happier than to see how you two have grown together and to see the joy you bring each other.

It reminds me every day that even the smallest act can bring huge results.

Love Ya Both,
GTG

Argeaux

*turns off "flirt mode"*

Pssst, Gabber, follow me down here

I'll turn flirt mode back on when Sara ain't looking, OK??

Gabber

Sara,

I think you did it quite a bit of justice, personally. I mean it when I say I don't think I coulda paid it that much justice...really impressed overall. *smiles* Those lines rocked, absolutely, loved 'em. Oh yeah...I had forgotten about my comment- about "walking a wire", but that's definitely how it felt...so for you to be able to make a mixture of the balancing and thin line you felt you were walking, that's just...very cool, *laughs* for lack of a better phrase. *smiles softly* I had the trembling thing going on too, especially when you turned the tables on me...but mainly, I had a red face going on- I was all wondering why I got myself into that situation at the time...however that 30-minute red face was worth it, most definitely. *nods, smiling* It's always been important to me too- the three-cord strand...sometimes I forget about that, but I always come back to it, and putting God in the middle- it just helps so much, makes things so much clearer...and I truly believe it's what keeps us going. So I hear ya there. *nods* Know exactly what you mean, honey... *laughs* I bet it holds a special spot with Argy too -- trying to shut us up and all...heh heh, course, that didn't happen, poor Argy. And hey, you're welcome, anytime...the surprise was kinda nice, I will admit. *has to smile very softly* If I can't lose you...then I consider myself very lucky. And I know...that'll always be a comfort to me. I love you too.

*sees mons charging and gets an "uh-oh" look on her face* Um, maybe we should re-think this group hug thing... LOL! j/k mons

GTG -- just wanted to speak up and say that I love ya too...you're awesome, babe.

*follows Argy*
*winks* Gotcha...careful though, she's got these hawk eyes...you never know when she's gonna come poppin' around the corner... *cough*

~Gabber

[This message was edited by Lady Lazarus on 16 July 2003 at 09:30 AM.]

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post