Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    Some thoughts @ the Original MEEP scrolls in '98
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Some thoughts @ the Original MEEP scrolls in '98
 Login/Join 
Dream Scroller
Picture of CorXy
posted Hide Post
yadda yadda...  - [Roll Eyes]

<gabris>
posted
Aeryn and I have been around here on and off since spring of 99 and the 'originals' were rude about newbies then (well not all of them) and they absolutely hated the 'gabris fam' (except Linxi and Sera who were in it).... I guess it was like having some really bad neighbors moving in and trashing the nice quiet 'hood or something. At least Chris Brown and Blowzena aren't here anymore........or are they???

ps.......oh, and I can testify that 'yes' Ame has always been PMSing. [Smile]

Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
Actually I am PMSing, they are due today or tomorrow.. *G*

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ame - Supreme Ruler Of The Universe:

TMI!! TMI!!

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
Uh, CorXy, no u weren't, an if you did come to the meep board (which I don't recall u doin) then ok, but I kno for a fact Moonie didn't an neither did SailorMars

(would give them funny names but am feelin to not right now cus this is General Forum) *yawn* Hehe, hmm maybe its cus we're in close scroll quarters but I'm PMS'ing too Ame!!! hehe... its a girlie synchronised cycle!

Scroller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scroller pain in your a$$:

I had a long talk about that "best scroll buds" thingy with Seraphin a long time ago and she confessed that it hurt her a bit that she and you(Linxi) suddenly werent the "best scrolls friends" anymore! She said that she'd felt as if you guys had been replaced by Saily and me! I told her that's nonsense and we settled it!

Obviously you're not over that yet! Sorry bout that!

OMG contemplate getting over yourself sometime this year will you! We were never "hurt" by you two being all "best budsy" we were pissed off cus it was frikkin annoying as hell! There is NO WAY IN HELL that she would've said "oh, gee corxy it just feels so damn hurtful that everyone at the scrolls has forgotten about me an linx since you and sailormars are bestest buds now"

Sweetie she's not on crack, an i suggest you give that habit up soon, its already fried your brain to the land of no return. Quick. Hurry... oh what? can't move that fast? oh dear. braindead.

[Roll Eyes]

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arista:
quote:
Originally posted by Ame - Supreme Ruler Of The Universe:

TMI!! TMI!!
But i thought we were one big family who shared everything..

LINXI.. did you steal my last box of tampons?

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
<gabris>
posted
I saw xenacrazed steal your tampons!!! I SAW HIM, I SAW HIM!! He thinks it's some sort of key to getting him off-line and outta the scrollverse that he has been dreaming that he's trapped in. He's also planning on blowing it up. One post at a time. and I think it's working. You know he's a windy animal at best and a foggy person at worst...... so watch out.

Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
i think a couple of us need a time out. did we miss nappy time, little ones???

i realize now that i was arguing a point much narrower than i first suspected. while my own point was indeed valid, it obviously was not what this is all about. [Roll Eyes]

and Ame--i'm pms-y too right now. i know this because i came so very close to sending this thread to FC for sure with what i REALLY wanted to say... [Wink]

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of CorXy
posted Hide Post
allrighty,Linxi,since this is not the FC I'm not gonna argue with you. I'm sick of fighting! *ack*

As for the talk I had with Seraphin...you can ask her if you want about that but she prolly's gonna tell you that I lied about that since you're "best buds" and she would rather call me a liar than disagree with you.

That all happened a long time ago so let's just get over it!

Discussion over!

Scroller
posted Hide Post
Hay CorXy, I did talk with Sera about the whole thing at the time (which granted was ages ago), and what she said to you, and I know for a fact that she did NOT say she was 'upset' or 'hurt' about it!

Neither of us were "hurt" about it, we were just plain pissed off and annoyed!! [Roll Eyes]

Dream Scroller
Picture of CorXy
posted Hide Post
allrighty...so,you were pissed. That's fine with me! [Razz] [Roll Eyes]

<False Hope>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
where the hell my damn post go?

Such language... I needed to quote it so ya'll could read it again.

'Old Scrollers' are just that - OLD Scrollers.
Old people are bitter about the present and gripe about how great the past was to a bunch of people who weren't around then to know if they are telling the truth or not.

Report This Post
<False Hope>
posted
I missed this whole second page before I posted. Such fun to be had.

Ame: EWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwww
Linxi: Thank you.
Corxy: I like your new handle. It fits.
Gabris: Did you ever get a letter from Erica since you sold her on eBay? She was supposed to write once a year.
XC: You would never steal Tampons. I know that. You know that. You are a maxipad kinda man. Maxipad man in a red dress. [Razz]

Report This Post
<xenacrazed>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by False Hope:
quote:
Originally posted by xenacrazed:
where the hell my damn post go?

Such language... I needed to quote it so ya'll could read it again.

sheesh! i was doing my best xc-impersonates-Buccy
impersonation there! oh, sarcasm ain't allowed...
hehe. You should read my xc-impersonates-fallc
posts...

Report This Post
<xenacrazed>
posted
quote:

XC: You would never steal Tampons. I know that. You know that. You are a maxipad kinda man. Maxipad man in a red dress. [Razz]

only an old scroller would get the red dress part... [Razz]

Report This Post
Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
OKay this IS not going anywhere I hoped it might go..I think
All I can say is that

WHats different about then & now is VERY evident in this thread..
WE communicated with each other
treated each other with respect..
Didnt hold permanent grudges,tried to be understanding

Are the old scrollers just better people ..
not nessessarily

We just behaved better..back then

Im pretty much done with his thread

& I might just be done with this place.
& the other scrolls too...
I have started lookin for a new home for myself on the Inet

Some place I can take pride in being associated with

Some place without small-minded petty bickering.& Superior attitudes.

People who come around where they wouldnt be normally just to bitch slap & run.
I used to be a happy,interesting & fun camper ...
I will be again..

Alas , Its unlikely it will be here...

If I find a great place .. those whom I cherish will be told...
Tho.I think our interest are too diverse to be drawn to the same type of board.

Ill hang a bit ..because occasionally this place rocks even yet, but these moments are fewer & farther between as time goes on

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of CorXy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Corxy: I like your new handle. It fits.

Thanks! [Wink] That's why I'm using it! [Razz]

Warlord Scroller
posted Hide Post
"WHats different about then & now is VERY evident in this thread..
WE communicated with each other
treated each other with respect..
Didnt hold permanent grudges,tried to be understanding."

Unfair, Brucy, cos the sniping came at least as much from us 'oldies' as from the 'newbies'.

"Are the old scrollers just better people ..
not nessessarily."

SURELY not - me included. Was my post REALLY so cryptic? We were lucky to a point of having had a compination of FEW ppl that simply got along well.
Special people?
Yes.
More so than the 'new' ones?
No.
The conditions changed, not the kind of breed Scrollers form eventually.

"We just behaved better..back then."

No, we didn't. We just had less reason to behave badly. Smaller group = easier common denominator.

"Im pretty much done with his thread."

Hang on, friend. Recent happenings have more to do with the uncertain atmosphere on this board than the combination of its people.

"& I might just be done with this place."

See above.

"& the other scrolls too..."

Can understand you up to a point there. It's growing pettier and more self-satisfied by the hour.
(But that's not the reason why my postings over there have lessened again. It's just becoming too butch and crypto-fascist for my liking, but that's too personal a criteria to make it a general point.)

"I have started lookin for a new home for myself on the Inet."

Do, but don't forget that your old home is just trying to settle into a new home itself.
Give a bit of rope.

"Some place I can take pride in being associated with."

Now, YOU'RE the one with the short memory.
Take a simple test. Count the people you respect (not necessarily like) here on your fingers... and once you run out of fingers, think of another board with half as many worthwile board companions.
I bet my questionable reputation that you'll finish up with less than a handful of duds and hand after hand full of people you won't be disappointed by.

"Some place without small-minded petty bickering.& Superior attitudes."

Careful, friend. If anyone was in danger to fall for false feelings of superiority, then it's us.

"People who come around where they wouldnt be normally just to bitch slap & run.
I used to be a happy,interesting & fun camper ...
I will be again.."

I'm sure you will, but you, as I, can't shed ourselves from what WE contributed to the gradual freezing on the uneasy new turf.

"Alas , Its unlikely it will be here..."

Won't it? I tend to disagree. Once the separation of boards doesn't make the headlines anymore, I'm pretty sure it will.

"If I find a great place .. those whom I cherish will be told...
Tho.I think our interest are too diverse to be drawn to the same type of board."

I'll hazard a guess, here, by thinking that the iterests of the current scrollers don't much differ from those on the old board.

"Ill hang a bit ..because occasionally this place rocks even yet, but these moments are fewer & farther between as time goes on."

That will change.
And that's on what I'll stake MY trust.

Let's be fair and not place the harshest criteria on the most difficult times.

Let's face it, we've grown a thinner skin. Fights, disagreements and all-out bloodshed was nearly as common on the old board, just that the battlefield was a bit smaller.

In the end... there stands Xena.
And it's up to us to show her that we've understood and didn't fall at the second razor-bladed hurdle already.

sentimental
The Xenatizer

Posts: 314 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 July 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
As always, you cut to the edge of it, Xenatizer, I am amazed at your posts nowadays!!!

And about the best freind thing.... Well, you and Seph are best-scroll-buds, aren't you? And I guess that there are more scrollers that have found really good freinds here. CorXena and I are still VERY good freinds and I hope that our freindship will last. As I hope your freindship with Seph will. There is nothing wrong with freindship, I mean, how could it?

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Warrior Scroller
Picture of Herculena
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Xenatizer:

"& the other scrolls too..."

Can understand you up to a point there. It's growing pettier and more self-satisfied by the hour.
(But that's not the reason why my postings over there have lessened again. It's just becoming too butch and crypto-fascist for my liking, but that's too personal a criteria to make it a general point.)

I never did consider that board the "other scrolls". My name for it is Buccy's Whine Country. I don't know about butch and crypto-fascist, they remind me more of little whiny children who can't or won't play nice so they're sitting in their corner talking smack and calling people who continue to post here "ass kissers" and people who leave here to post there "the real people" or whatever adjective they are using.

Note, it's not everybody posting there, it's just a small amount, mainly Buccy, AP and Mo along with a few other people who join in with them out of a seeming want to be "cool" and not be pecked to death. It strikes me as toxic. It's a climate of "Waaah we persecuted few" who say they want to separate from the Scrolls but instead seem to be mighty obsessed with it.

I figure hey, people can post wherever they want, I used to be part of the Nutforum as well as the Scrolls even though there was that little rivalry going on here and there.

Okay, so I just talked about Buccy's Whine Country but that's okay, that's how I feel about it. I posted a couple times and thought, you know, talk about Argo and Ame being meanies and liars and talk about panties was just plain freaking boring.

Posts: 335 | Location: East Hallelujah!, IL | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Warlord Scroller
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Moonie [Embarrassed]

True, Herc, my shot (crypto-yadda-etcetera) was a bit low, too subjective and isn't true with most folks there. But a lot of people there aren't on the whinie train, either. They just don't consider the separation as a reason to be forced to choose between friends or 'political' agendas. [Wink] In fact, some forums are pretty much untouched by the whole affair and wisely carry on as usual.
Apart from a few 'charged' areas on both boards, one can easily switch back and forth between 2 windows and... well... scroll away as always. (something I'd mind less than I feared.)
That way I don't have to make do with only half of the scroll population I like to see pop up on screen. In fact, a lot of the 'old' magic just seems to have spread over 2 addies.
These are times when it pays to train a bit of ignorance towards 'official' politics and just carry on. That way I can enjoy the lot.

shifty [Big Grin]
The Xenatizer

[ January 19, 2003, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: The Xenatizer ]

Posts: 314 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 July 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
I'm doing the same thing as you, Xenatizer. So, I guess I'm shifty to. The good thing is, there are less fights on the two boards then there was on just one... Go figure.... [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
<gabris>
posted
Bravo, Ulrich......as usual you add class to stupid problems..... bruccy has always hated everything that didn't glorify him and whoever. Just get over it, and if it helps.......THEN JUST LEAVE, WITH YET ANOTHER POST THAT DRAMATIZES THE NEED TO SAY, "I'M NEVER COMING BACK" ...............................WHATEVER..eggnog anyone?????????

[ January 19, 2003, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: gabris ]

Report This Post
Warrior Scroller
Picture of Herculena
posted Hide Post
erm... gabris, do you mean Brucy or Buccy? [Confused]

Posts: 335 | Location: East Hallelujah!, IL | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post