Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    Halloween Happenings??
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Halloween Happenings??
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted
Are you dresing up? Are you giving candy to the little trick-or-treaters this year? Do you have other naughty plans?

I went and got my Halloween candy on Friday. I got the little Reese's Miniature Cups, Hershey's Minatures, and fun size KitKats. I don't actually know if I'll get any trick-or-treaters, but it's the one time of the year that I really like to see kids.

I think that'll be about it for me. I've got an invitation to a party the Saturday after, but I don't know if I want to go. There may be some fun to be had in the clubs around town, but not sure if I'll get out.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.

P.G. Wodehouse

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
I just finished my Spongebob jack-o-lantern. Two hours. Very sore....

Wink

Scroll Nightmare
Picture of Cora
posted Hide Post
OHHHH spongeBob Jack-o-lantern.. dont supose you took pics eh? hehe

I enjoy handing out candies to the little kids.. always fun seeing them dressed up and so proud of there costumes.

My dad has hidden our candy away he knows that if it gets left out... there will be none left by friday. lol

*goes off singing 'ARE you REAdy kids?' "Aie Aye Captain'*

-----------------------------
Como e` bella ce` la luna brille e` strette strette como e` tutta bella a passeggiare Sotto il cielo di Roma

'The Road goes ever on and on
Out from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone,Let others follow it who can!Let them a journey new begin,But I at last with weary feetWill turn towards the lighted inn, My evening-rest and sleep to meet.'

Posts: 428 | Location: Canada | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
I did take pictures but I haven't anywhere to host them. At least no place I can figure out how to use Wink

I want to clarify because it sounds weird...I'm sore from kinking my neck over for that long. Not like my seed-scooping hand or something Smile

Also, toasted pumpkin seeds.....mmmmmm.....

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
quote:
want to clarify because it sounds weird...I'm sore from kinking my neck over for that long. Not like my seed-scooping hand or something

yeah..we know your hand isn't sore from seed scooping. Wink

P.G. Wodehouse

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
gasp!

Wink

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
My plans consist of handing out candy and catching the classic horror flics on TV. I've got to work some homework in there somewhere, too.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post

My Pumpkinbob Smile

(thanks, hosting lady Big Grin)

Yes, I know he has no pants. The pants are implied.

Wink

Scroll Nightmare
Picture of Cora
posted Hide Post
OMG THAT IS SOOOOOOO SWEET!

I couldnt have done it. great job!

I love it I love it

Como e` bella ce` la luna brille e` strette strette como e` tutta bella a passeggiare Sotto il cielo di Roma

Out from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone,Let others follow it who can!Let them a journey new begin,But I at last with weary feetWill turn towards the lighted inn, My evening-rest and sleep to meet.'

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
oh thank you! He's my first, other than the triangle eyes kind. I'm sure you could make one, though, with patience and a very sore back and neck Wink

Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
they are very time consuming but so worth the effort
pumpkinbob is cool beans Smile

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
Wow, that pumpkin is really cool!

I can just see myself trying to do something like that, but end up wrecking it accidentally then getting really angry and end up smashing the whole thing. I'm not the most patient person in the world ^_^;

Anyway, great job!

---------------

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
I am going on a big party at the Student Union Pub on friday.

And I am going to wear my classic Xena-cosume and lots and lots of fake blood... *grin* Xena straight from the battle!

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

http:fade.to/valkyria

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salem:
but end up wrecking it accidentally

Note that Bob's missing a few spots...

Thanks, Salem Smile

Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
For Halloween this year I was thinking of going all out...

Printing out my 'We don't do Halloween' sign, with some cool font, than just my usual hand written job

*EG* :P

========================

Leo: Hey, you want to freeze me in bed for your own personal pleasure, that is fine, but freezing Natalie is not gonna make her or the Elders happy.

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
quote:
than just my usual hand written job

Ya know when I first read that I didn't see the "written".

Big Grin

P.G. Wodehouse

Scroll Nightmare
Picture of Cora
posted Hide Post
well I could attempt it, although I would probally start and be doing a really awsome job, but then I would get bored and start to go quickly thereby screwing up the entire thing!

Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Jubs
posted Hide Post
Oh man have i got a busy weekend.
Frday we're driving two hours to Knoxville Iowa for a haunted corn maze and dinner at my friends. Then we're driving two hours back to school to sleep. Saturday is the football game. Then, after the game, we go two hours in the other direction to Maquoketa Iowa, for a haunted old school house and a kick ass party. Then sleeping at a friend's. Then on sunday we head back to school but stop at my house for supper first. Good Times. I'm way excited!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The hottest thing this side of Epworth, Iowa.

Posts: 920 | Location: Iowa, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of Rellik
posted Hide Post
quote:
than just my usual hand written job

....i didnt see the written either! lol

Posts: 410 | Location: canada | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
The hand job is Ame's idea of spooky fun. Or something like that. Heh. Big Grin

As for me, I'm keeping the lights out, the screen door locked but watching tv in plain view of the little heathens. Hehehehe. So they can see I'm there, I'm home but I'm not going to help them on their candy pursuits! Mwahahahaha!

Yes, I'm a Scrooge year round, holiday round, every day. At least I'm consistent. Big Grin

I offer no apologies for the things that I believe and say
And I like it that way

The more you ignore me,
the closer I get

Yeah...I've made up your mind

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of TwinXenas
posted Hide Post

Scroll Nightmare
Picture of Cora
posted Hide Post
Hey Nice Twins!
Rel and I were nuns one year.. wayyyyyy long ago o.O lol

Well kids have stopped coming. It was really disapointing.
in the past we have had over 100 kids this year, we had less than 20. ouch.. good thing is you should see all the chocolate we have left Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
VERY cool pumpkin! Impressive! (Mine is going commando (uncarved). I am jack-o'-impaired.)

And kick-a$$ costumes as usual TwinXenas. Smile I love the creative name too.

As for me, I had a full day of hosting a party for a bunch of teens. It went really well. Also had to go to work in the costume that balances "fun, kooky and what lila997 really wants to dress as" with "need to be comfortable and functional all day at work and also maintain the illusion of being the boss". I'll post a photo at some point this weekend.
This evening I reigned in my beasts (the dogs) from tackling and smooching tiny trick or treaters and went to see the cutest niece in the universe (who promptly got FREAKED OUT by every costume she saw). She's two.
Now I am home and about to crash off of a big ol' sugar high.

Is there such thing as Reeces Anonymous?

----------------------------------

" Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying- 'I will try again tomorrow' "

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of TwinXenas
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the compliments, Cora & lila997!!!

Anyone else dressed up?

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Sure! I did, TwinXenas! I dressed up as Xena, as you can see here:

If you wanna see more pics from the fun Halloweenparty I was at at the Student Union Pub at the University College I study at, check out this link... The girl in the Xena-outfit is, well... me! Razz

Halloween in Sweden!

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post