Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    Natural phenomena

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Natural phenomena
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guru
posted
I was poking about looking for photos of circular rainbows and came across another board w/ this question: What's the coolest natural spectacle you've seen?

I've seen a circular rainbow once from a plane; it surrounded our shadow against a layer of clouds below. So far I haven't found any photos quite like what I saw. I also love watching lightning.

[ March 18, 2003, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: He likes a Boggy Acre ]

Posts: 218 | Location: OR....or what? | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of CorXy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by He likes a Boggy Acre:
What's the coolest natural spectacle you've seen?

Lucy Lawless [Wink] [Big Grin]

nah...I love to watching lightnin too and yeah,I also like rainbows!

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
For a natural spectacle/ wonder I'd say diving The Great Barrier Reef. Amazing- defies words.

As far as an occurence, I witnessed an incredible meteor shower from my front yard about 10 years ago. perfect weather conditions, thousands of shooting stars and it seemed to last a long time. the best part is that I wasn't out there looking for it. I just sort of happened to be there. It was very cool.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
i've been a wether buff since i was a kid--it was a passion of my dad's that i caught along with a penchant for picking up rocks everywhere i go. i've seen a waterspout on the Gulf of Mexico off the coast of Louisiana. that was awesome. i've seen a couple funnel clouds working the sky, but never a tornado on the ground. i've seen some rare and amazing cloud formations--we get some crazy weather in these parts--but nothing like they get in the Midwest. i really want to spend a vacation storm chasing sometime.

Carlsbad Caverns is something truly spectacular to see. i always think about the first guy to crawl down into that big hole in the ground... wow.

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of The Troll
posted Hide Post
I'm always looking for interesting phenomena to photograph. I wanted anew sig-pic so I thought this is a good time to do it. Here is a picture of the sunrise on March 17. It was like a ball of light had landed behind the house. Everything else was dark. The picture captured the blue sky and clouds, but we couldn't see it because it was so bright!

Scroll Nightmare
Picture of Cora
posted Hide Post
there is only one natural phenomena that takes my breath away everytime.. I always have to stop what I am doing and rush out to see it. or when you just lie there and watch it above you. of course I am talking about the Aurora borealis if anyone has seen it you know what I speak of!
I also have seen some pretty good electrical storms. the best one was when I was in P.E.I looking out over the ocean from shore, never seen anything like it.

Posts: 428 | Location: Canada | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post