Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    "Emotional Touch"

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
"Emotional Touch"
 Login/Join 
Ultimate Scroller
posted
Hey everyone. [Smile] I'm trying to make my way out of a very long dry spell I've been having, so work with me here, this may not be as good as I would like it, but it's the best I'm gonna get outta my "dry" fingers right now. [Wink] Either way, hope you enjoy, thanks for reading. [Smile]

~Gabber
(I love you, Sara. [Smile] )
============

"Emotional Touch"

My fingertips trace your face
While my lips lean in for one taste
Words desert me when we’re close like this
How do I explain a moment of bliss?

Poetic feelings are gone right now-
Sweet confessions and heartfelt vows
But if you want to know how I feel
Then close your eyes and feel something that’s real

Electricity sparks beneath my palm
Yet my eyes display a heart that’s calm
Passion fills the night through a tight embrace-
One in which I know I’ve found my place

Tenderness soothes the chill on your skin
A soft kiss explores the care within
A sweet caress shows how beautiful you are to me
While a special smile sets any doubts free

For words may come and go
But through this one thing my love will always show
My touch can say more than the words caught in my heart
For in this dance between hands and lips, my love creates a work of art.

---2/15/02 Copyright Keri S. (Gabber)

[This message was edited by Lady Lazarus on 28 July 2003 at 10:30 AM.]

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of The Troll
posted Hide Post
There is something about this that is very different for you Gabber. Maybe the time off has focused you. These lines and thoughts are so clean and uncluttered. Everything works beautifully together. I love how you write about a non-verbal thing, yet the perfect words are there.

There's not one line or two I would mention, many good things here. Good job coming out of the dry. It's a fight, I know, but it's worth it, for you, and for us.

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Keri,

I love you. [Smile] Had to say that, first and foremost. I swear, you sure know how to make a stupid, stressful day suddenly seem alright. I loved this poem baby, I really did. Like Nanzar said, you really captured a moment where there aren't any words spoken but you made the words dance baby. [Smile] I know, not only cause you've told me but just noticing, that you touching me is the surest, fastest way I can know you love me. All it takes is a look, a smile, a gentle touch and my heart simply knows how you feel. And in moments like that, I honestly don't need words, your touch is more than enough. [Smile] Thanks for sharing this baby, dry spell or no, it's good, really good. *smiles softly* I love you Keri.

~ Sara

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
<Warrior Priestess 9>
posted
Hey, Keri!
I loved this, it was simple and powerful. THe last line is my favorite: "For in this dance between hands and lips my love becomes a work of art." Brilliant. [Smile]
Sounds like everything's going just plain old awesome. Yay! Take care, Kate. [Wink]

[ February 19, 2002, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: Opera Xena ]

Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Weeeeell, y'know how I feel about rhyming poems, dontcha?

This one slipped under my prejudice again -- how do you DO that?

I could see the images, and they built up to match the feeling of love expressed. The last line was my fave, too.

There's a lot behind the words here. It almost seems as though one has to look THROUGH this poem, to really read it, if that makes sense. As though we are viewing an object like you find in those 3D books. If we look right at this love, we will miss it. It's in the small gestures of romance that we truly see its strength.

I think, with your exquisite poem, you may have even broken MY dry spell, as far as responses. [Smile]

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Nanzar -- really? Something different about it, eh? Hmm... I dunno, maybe the time off did focus me...although I have apparently gone right back to not writing again. [Razz] But it hasn't been too long since last time so I'm not really worried about it yet... But thank you for the compliments...the lines do seem clean and uncluttered, I will admit, like they are more focused. I think I just wanted to try my best to show emotion and feelings through actions...and I guess that came off right. :-) *smiles* Thanks Nanzar...I will keep trying to come outta the dry...it was nice to write again and I hope I'll be able to talk about something soon, I know I have special things to talk about, the words just aren't coming yet. :-)

Sara -- *warm smile* I love you too. [Smile] Well ya know...sometimes that's my pure intent, just to make a bad day for you look not so bad...just by letting you know somehow that I love you. And this poem was my way to do that that day, and that week since it was such a stressful week for you. *has to smile* Made the words dance huh? Hehe, I can be into that for sure. [Big Grin] Yeaah...I hope that me touching you will continue to be the surest fastest way for you to know that I love you, no matter what I do or you do, I will still love you...and my touch will stay the same, if not change to show I'm even more in love with you. [Smile] But I'm glad that in those moments all your heart really needs is that touch or that look...'cause sometimes words do desert me, and those are the moments when I'm usually feeling so much and can't put it into words...but can show you through my actions. *sheepish smile* Well, you're welcome...I'm just glad that you liked it. :-) *shy soft smile* I love you too Sara. [Smile]

Kate -- Hey girl, I'm glad you liked it, and thank you for the compliments there...that's exactly what I was trying to get across - something simple but powerful, because that's what a single touch is...simple but powerful. [Smile] *laughs* Well, thank you...lemme tell ya though, that last line took me FOREVER! I was trying to end it right, and that was all I could really come up with that seemed to do the whole idea justice. :-) *warm smile* Yeaah everything IS going just plain awesome...spent a week with my girl celebrating our 1 year, nothing else could be better. :-) Take care of yourself too babe. {{{{Kate}}}}

Argy --- *grins* This one slipped under huh? WOO HOO! [Big Grin] LOL, sue me, I love being able to do that to you...make a rhyming poem slip under your radar, means I've done something right. :-) And wonderful...I'm glad that it evoked the images in your mind's eye and helped show that love that's being expressed in those actions...that's the whole point of the poem after all. :-) And you can read what I said to Kate about the last line if you'd like.

*warm smile* Amen Argy.... you hit the nail right on the head, that is exactly what I was going for... I mean, Sara and I -- we're not about the big things and showing off or whatnot... our love really is displayed in the small gestures. And for me, that really shows in my affection towards her...the littlest thing like reaching out to touch her arm can have a big meaning for me that I'm sending to her...so yes, the smallest things can mean the most and show the most when it comes to our love. :-)

*laughs* Woo hoo! Go me again! I'm doing pretty good over here then. [Big Grin]

Thank you all for your responses, truly. :-)

~Gabber

<Pandie>
posted
I love it, Gabber [Wink] You're still the one who can write beautiful love poetry I can understand, and appreciate. Thanks again

You've done a wonderful job with this one!
You captured that moment just right...*s*

[ March 06, 2002, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Goddess of Pandemonium ]

Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Pandie,

Thank you very much honey... I'm just glad to be able to find the words somehow to express this thing called love, ya know? [Smile] But I guess I always try to make it "understandable" because there are so many love poems out there where I'm going "Huh? What? I think I missed something." [Wink] So I hear ya babe. But thank you again, I appreciate it...and am glad I captured the moment just right. [Smile]

~Gabber

<Pandie>
posted
[Big Grin] That's what I mean! So many write love poetry like it has to be a certain way..all hearts and candy roses. You write about the things you guys share, feel, have. That makes it much more real and beautiful! Always much more fun to enjoy. This one was just passionate it. You know I dig it. [Wink]

Report This Post