Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    "Sweet Little Lies"

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
"Sweet Little Lies"
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted
posted August 30, 2001 11:34 PM

Sara

Inspired by Argeaux's "Love is a Lie", no infringement intended. Not that it makes a damn bit of difference anyways. For your amusement. [Roll Eyes]

"Sweet Little Lies"

Tell me that you love me
Say you need me so
That you wish me near
You don't want me to go

Tell me that you need me
That I make you whole
You dream of me every night
I'm the other half of your soul

Tell me that you want me
You long for my kiss
Your desire for me is killing you
You ache for my caress

Tell me all these things
Look deep into my eyes
Make me believe you
And your sweet little lies.

--SMC

----------------------------------------

Argeaux

Ooer!

We HAVE turned rather cynical in the Ficters' forum, of late.

I happen to know for a fact that this one wasn't written from experience, either.

See what an inspiration Buccaroo was to us all?? [Wink]

Sara

Eh, I guess we have turned a bit cynical here. Well, some of us anyways. [Razz]

As for Buc being an inspiration, stranger things have happened. [Roll Eyes]

*edited cause I changed my mind

Gabber

Sara,

*grins* Must say I quite liked this one... *slightly playful grin* Sure you don't want me to lie to you? 'Cause ya know, I could, if it's that important to you -- sure, it'd be a stretch, and you'd know right away that I am since I'm so awful at it, but I could try! hehe *pauses* Course...if I tried lying to you, the lies would be the exact opposite of everything you put in this poem. Because every line in this one is true...and you will find that each of them, in their own timing, will be told to you when the moment's right... *smiles* But wonderful poem, honey...hehe, made me grin at the end, I must say. Still does. [Wink] Take care, baby, love you.

~Gabber

Moonshade

HE HE HE!!! I liked that poem!!! Alot!!! [Smile] Can I use it in my poem-collection? See the thread "Some help from the poets in this room... Please?" for more information.

HUGS
Moonshade

mons

sara,

this was a great one. i really loved the whole thing, and i liked how the lines sounded like they were aching and pleading to be granted what they wished. that was real cool yo. [Wink] (sara speak practice)

i liked this part best:

Tell me that you need me
That I make you whole
You dream of me every night
I'm the other half of your soul

i just could see someone hovering halfway over their lover, in the dark, and asking them to say these things.... just a nice image conjoured up there.....

i like the bitter stuff and the sweet stuff that you are writing. keep it up!! you writer you.... and it was inspired by love is a lie.. i liked that one too. how can you not read a good poem and be inspired by it just a tad... there are so many good themes in this forum, you know?

anyhow... thumbs up.

mons

[This message was edited by Lady Lazarus on 20 July 2003 at 04:36 AM.]

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post