Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    LMAO, but still kinda Ooof
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
LMAO, but still kinda Ooof
 Login/Join 
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone, caught in your mystery
Keep it angry
Keep it wispy
I've fallen down
Drunk on your juices
Turn my head
It's aimed at you

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
I watched that too and I thought wow that's kinda HOT! WXF Smile

But you're my source. When I reach down deep inside myself and do things I'm not capable of, it's because of you. Don't you know that by now?

Posts: 507 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Disciple
Picture of Brian
posted Hide Post
um... what is that?

Posts: 207 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
That'd be Madonna (in the black) laying a big, wet tongue kiss on Britney Spears (in the white). She planted one on Christina Aguilera too, but for some reason that wasn't quite as shocking. Go figure.

Just saw the video again at lunch and yeah... it was pretty hot.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
how the mighty have fallen if the only girl lovin' Madonna can get is Britney...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Madonna is a smart lady - she knows what sells.

To modify an old Huey Lewis and The News song -
"It's hip to be gay."

Keep it angry
Keep it wispy
I've fallen down
Drunk on your juices
Turn my head
It's aimed at you

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Disciple
Picture of Brian
posted Hide Post
damn... seems like I always miss the good stuff.

Posts: 207 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Disciple
Picture of Brian
posted Hide Post
Will someone in the younger crowd explain something to an old man? After seeing this post, I saw other mentions of the VMA show, and they all showed pics of Madonna & Britney, and not a single pic of Christina Aguilera. Is she on the media shit list? I'm befuddled why one is such big big news and the other doesn't even rate a minor pic.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
Will someone in the younger crowd explain something to an old man? After seeing this post, I saw other mentions of the VMA show, and they all showed pics of Madonna & Britney, and not a single pic of Christina Aguilera. Is she on the media shit list? I'm befuddled why one is such big big news and the other doesn't even rate a minor pic.

Hmm..not sure about why (though I can't really put myself in the "younger crowd" catagory either Smile )
I didn't watch the awards or catch any coverage but the best I can figure is that a girl/girl kiss involving Christina is not so shocking because of her more ummm..."wild"...image whereas Britney's alleged "new-found" sexuality and tell-all magazine interviews are the big media rage of late.

Oh, and the VMAs repeat on MTV in what seems like an endless loop tomorrow (Saturday). 1pm & 8pm EST.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Opus1EJC
posted Hide Post
will someone please tell me what Britnay's "New Found Sexuality " is. . .because I am outa that loop on this one. Did she come out, or what?

opus

"If God created me in His image, I have more than returned the compliment."

-- Mrs. Betty Bowers

Posts: 90 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
<VyperBlade>
posted
I HAVE LOST ALL MY RESPECT FOR MADONNA!!!! I loved loved LOVED Madonna,she was my idol in some ways but now,I just think that that is WHOA.I still love love love Madonna,but I've lost a little respect for her now.Even though they were hot kisses,I SOOO wish they were not with the biggest sluts in America!(no offense to any Spears or Gaguilera fans...)

OK!That's my shpew!

Report This Post
Scroll Disciple
Picture of XexyWarriorGoddess
posted Hide Post
....but you have to admit that Madonna still looks soooo good for her age! Wink

=============================
Now if only I hadn't lost that key to the World's Mass Destruction Kit.....
We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.

Posts: 243 | Location: Oblivion,Center of the Earth | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1EJC:
will someone please tell me what Britnay's "New Found Sexuality " is. . .because I am outa that loop on this one. Did she come out, or what?

opus

no, no, no...nothing like that. Was referring to her recent interview in which she acknowledged that she was no longer a virgin, that her "people" encouraged her to keep up that facade, etc. I think it was inW magazine.

Scroller Extraordinaire
Picture of Opus1EJC
posted Hide Post
interesting. Thank you.

opus

"If God created me in His image, I have more than returned the compliment."

-- Mrs. Betty Bowers

Posts: 90 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Disciple
Picture of XexyWarriorGoddess
posted Hide Post
Opus!What you have nothing to say to me?Where is the love?! Razz

Now if only I hadn't lost that key to the World's Mass Destruction Kit.....
We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.

Posts: 243 | Location: Oblivion,Center of the Earth | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
<Brian>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by VyperBlade:
...I SOOO wish they were not with the biggest sluts in America!

Hey don't forget these are performers doing roles. She kissed those two because that's who she was dancing with. Madonna, as most public performers, has done a lot for the cameras with a great variety of people. I wouldn't put much more into it than that.

Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Pure marketing genius. All of those ladies. I mean, look at us all talking about it.

100% pure marketing genius.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Okay, so I finally saw the segment in full and I offer another opinion as to why all of the stills are of Madonna and Britney's kiss but few, if any, show Madonna and Christina: bad camera angle. Seems that the MTV camera crew was not 100% ready for the very brief turn and kiss of Christina and it wasn't captured on film quite like the Britney kiss was.

Just a theory.

Also, re: Arista's marketing genius observation. Gotta agree there and offer as further proof the cover of next week's US weekly magazine. Madonna & Britney on the cover with the headline "New Best Friends" (or something similar). Give those publicists some gold medals, will ya?

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
kudos to lila997 for maintaining her consummate nice-ness in describing Christina Agulerra and not just saying "cuz she's more ho-ish..." like i wouldn've.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
America can rest easy. Roll Eyes

From CNN.com

quote:
Britney would not kiss another woman besides Madonna
Thursday, September 4, 2003 Posted: 1:48 AM EDT (0548 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A gum-smacking Britney Spears told CNN Wednesday that she has never before kissed a woman and never would again -- unless the woman is Madonna.

The pop star exchanged a prolonged, open-mouth kiss with the Material Girl during MTV's Music Video Awards show last week.

"I didn't know it was going to be that long and everything," said Spears.

She said the singers had played around during rehearsal and Madonna had told her they would "just feel it out and see what happens" during the performance.

"I've never kissed a woman before," Spears said demurely.

When asked if she would "do it again," she squealed, "No, I would not do it," but then added, "Maybe with Madonna."

When asked about how her image has changed from when she was a squeaky clean Mouseketeers, Spears said, "I think I'm still clean living. I mean I don't go home and have orgies or anything like that."

The singer said she is just "performing and expressing myself." She also believes that by fulfilling her own dreams and having fun doing it, she is inspiring her fans.

Spears said would love to make another movie or a musical, but she is focusing on her music right now.

Spears avoided the political pot hole that other entertainers have fallen into when she was asked about whether she supported the war in Iraq.

"Honestly, I think we should just trust our president in every decision that he makes and we should just support that," she said.

She said she trusted President Bush but said she didn't know if he would get re-elected to the White House.

However, the singer would love to move to another country. She may follow Madonna's lead and take up residence in London.

"It's the one place that I feel completely anonymous. And I just like the way they treasure everything. Everything is very simply done," she explained. "The milkman still comes to the door. And Iike the simplicity of that."

However much she would like to avoid cameras following her everywhere, she said she really enjoys the reality TV shows.

When asked what else she watched, she said, "Oh CNN – all the time, all the time."

Practically a whole story centered around a kiss. We must be bored.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
This morning on the way to work I heard a sound byte from a different interview where Britney says re: "the kiss"
"(paraphrasing)It was fine. I hadn't kissed anyone is a while so she'll (Madonna) do."

Ummm... ok.

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
i heard her say yesertday she wouldn't be kissing any women again. except maybe Madonna...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Ultimate Scroller
Picture of TwinXenas
posted Hide Post
We weren’t shocked by it. To us, it’s nothing new. It’s Madonna. It’s what she does. She really does a great job at shocking people.

Ultimate Scroller
Picture of TwinXenas
posted Hide Post
We are curious to know what CorXena thought of it since she is a big Britney Spears fan.

Wait...was it aired in Austria yet or not? blush blush

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
It still makes me laugh.

Keep it angry
Keep it wispy
I've fallen down
Drunk on your juices
Turn my head
It's aimed at you