Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    Subtextual Freudian Slip

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Subtextual Freudian Slip
 Login/Join 
<Brian>
posted
In a review group I was reading aloud from the case study of a young woman who had a rough time in her late teens because of substance abuse and emotional distress. She happened to be a lesbian. When her substance abuse was at its worst, she tended to go on sexual binges of one night stands and make extremely poor relationship choices. During her recovery process she gained an insight into how the two behaviors reinforced one another. Her journal said "she finally realized that the substance binging and the sexual binging were inextricably linked."

I managed to read this aloud as inextricably "licked." What a guy. I sucessfully finished reading the report without once acknowledging the snickers and giggling of my peers, and refused to ask the bastards what the hell was so funny. I silently dared them to make comment, but the gutless dolts knew better.

All in all, it really was quite comical. Perhaps some other Scrollers have made such subtextual Freudian slips and will share them. Then we can decide which is the breast one.

Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
This is SO not what you were looking for, but I think it's funny, and no one else is replying, so I'm gonna share it anyway.

When Ares and I started going out I still lived at home with my parents. At the time I was also playing in various bands, and accumulating all kinds of musical instruments such as guitars, tambourines, harmonicas, marracas, etc.

One night I got home really late, and my parents called out from their bedroom asking if I was going to bed.

I said to my Mum "I'm just going to show Ares my bongos first".

We both burst out laughing. It sounded so damn funny, in the situation.

Mind you, I DID show him my bongos. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
I have one, that i JUST did..
Zoomie came online and I said to Arista... oofff here's zoomie.. i MEANT to say ohhh
hehe

I LOVE MY NEW COMPUTER!!

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of CorXy
posted Hide Post
RAOTFLMAO!!! Big Grin Hehehehe....LOL Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Argy,I love your lil story...sooo funny!! Big Grin

Jo Marriott & Carly Bramwell Information Page

Inspirational Pain

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
Ame "ooof"-ed me!!

hehe--can't take it back now...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Disciple
Picture of Brian
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Argeaux:
This is SO not what you were looking for

Hey now... Freudian slip, double entendre...Scrollers should quibble about such things? Funny is funny, Lady Argeaux.
Especially when I thought I was in some Paradise Found kind of place where no one else seem to be coming in. I kept checking to see if I was turning blue yet.

So when you showed off your bongos, did you shake your maracas for him as well?

Posts: 207 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Mister, I've been shakin' my maracas for him for the past 17 years. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Well, I have one that's not quite along the same lines, but pretty funny. My Dad can be rather... well... you have to know him. It was Father's Day and my Mom had made my Dad one of his favorite desserts, a fruit pizza.

While chowing down and we start talking about different fruits and which ones we like yadda yadda, the conversation goes from peaches to kiwi to guava then Mom pops up and says, “What the Hell is ‘Passion Fruit’ anyway?” I said I had no idea and hadn’t ever had any. My Dad elbows me, winks and says, “Oh, yes you have.”

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Legend
posted Hide Post
ewww!!! Noone should hear that from their Dad! Smile

Posts: 144 | Location: NC | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of CorXy
posted Hide Post
LOL hehehehe...@ Shawn's 'passion fruit' story!! Big Grin

Jo Marriott & Carly Bramwell Information Page

Inspirational Pain

Scroller
Picture of MaxQ
posted Hide Post
True story:
I'm friends with a lesbian couple. I'll call one Jane and the other Mary. I'd had several long conversations with Jane but, had never met Mary. I subsequently had a chat with Mary and remarked to her how remarkably alike she and Jane were. To which, she responded, "I know, it's hard to keep us straight."

The mind is not a vessel to be filled but, a fire to be lighted - Plutarch

Posts: 28 | Location: Avon, NY USA | Registered: 02 July 2003Report This Post
Scroll Disciple
Picture of Brian
posted Hide Post
Good one, MaxQ.

Posts: 207 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of Rellik
posted Hide Post
One Time when I was talking with cen on the phone, we happened to be talking about usual things...

I asked him what he was doing while I was talking to him, (while drinking some peach tea from a bottle) he was taking a bite out of a plum that tasted really sour and nasty, so he spit it out and as he did that my dad happened to pick up the phone and was listening in, little did we know that my dad picked up the line, and after spitting the bad plum out I asked him what he was going to do with it. cen said something along the lines of... "Im trying to push this in here real hard but its really tight and wont go in!" (while making grunting noises because he was holding the phone under his ear and holding the now empty bottle while trying to push the sour plum into the bottle)

I heard my dad hang up the phone quickly and cen and I laughed at that for straight 5 minutes because we wondered what my dad thought we were talking about. The one time someone picks up the phone, we sounded like we were being naughty and we werent. Big Grin

SUCH FUN. Cool

Destroy all that which is evil. So that which is good may flourish.
Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river.
And when I vest my flashing sword And my hand takes hold in judgement,
I will take vengeance upon mine enemies I will repay those who hase me.

Posts: 410 | Location: canada | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post