Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    possessions

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
possessions
 Login/Join 
<le>
posted
OK...this is my thread...call me a moron...you won't be the first...

So like I said, my home is full of s*it, and I wonder what makes some of this special to me...so my question again...in my own thread...

What is your favorite possession and why?

Report This Post
<WelcomeXenaFan>
posted
My favorite possession is my computer cause that's what keeps me connected to the xenaverse! WXF [Smile]

Report This Post
Scroll Legend
posted Hide Post
This may sound silly, but my most favorite possession is the fake animal (antelope, maybe?) skull I bought off of ebay that was used in Xena or Hercules. I still haven't been able to figure out what episode it was used in. [Confused] Oh well. Just knowing I have a piece of that is enough for me. [Smile]

Posts: 144 | Location: NC | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
I have two really, my motorcycle and my grandfather's harmonica.

I have a bunch of significant little things, and they are all important to me. A lot of rocks and fossils from everywhere. I must have brought back 10 pounds of rocks, shells and sand from New Zealand. (I'm as bad as Lucy. [Big Grin] ) My Mom got me this kick ass old printers tray to hang on the wall and display my collection of rocks and fossils.

Edited because I'm an idiot and type faster than I think.

[ February 04, 2003, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: Shawn ]

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Various photographs that are irreplacable.

Other than that a ring that has sentimental value and some letters from my grandmothers who have passed away.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
heh...I was gonna say photographs, too. specifically my babies' baby pictures. [Big Grin]

And also a few things that were from them or their dad. Their sweet little drawings "This is you and me, Mommy". The first gift Rich gave me--a little perfume bottle which, unfortunately, was broken being knocked out of the medicine cabinet a few months ago. The pieces are in a plastic leftover dish on my bookshelf. I should've kept it someplace safer, but it was nice seeing it every day. [Smile]

I'd like to say my house as well, but we don't actually own it so I guess it doesn't really count as a possession. But still it's very important to me as a momento, of a sort. I can stand on the spot my daughter was born, and from there I can see the places where my children took their first steps and where they each said their first words. Clearly it's a very small house, but nevertheless... [Wink]

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
My necklace because it's very, very special to me. It could be replaced, but the new one would never have the same meaning as the original.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of CorXy
posted Hide Post
I dont have just 1 fav possession. There's so many little things that mean the world to me.

A ring that I got from my cousin, the old chakram necklace I got from a very close friend, little paintings from several friends, a necklace that Moonie gave to me, letters from a close friend, a lil teddy-bear from Salem...things like that.
Even all the postcards I got from several scrollers are some of my most fav possessions.

One of my most precious possessions now belongs to Hudson (Leick) for I gave it to her at COW4 - a silver-spider necklace!

[ February 04, 2003, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Coyote 6 ]

Ultimate Scroller
Picture of TwinXenas
posted Hide Post
Our Xena stuff, photo albums, Madonna tapes and our dolls.

<Shane>
posted
guess its the gifts from my Nick,his handprint he made at church,a flower he gave me that I dried those to me are priceless. I have a large arrowhead and civil war bullet collection that I'm letting a friend have to put in our county museum,my ggg-grandfathers civil war papers.A civil war chess set a friend made and hand painted,it has LEE and Grant and their ladies as the kings and queens. Things like that...

Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
I'd have to say...the drawings my brother and sisters made for me. All of them were in crayon or in squiggly writing as they were all quite young when they made them. The ones they made on my birthdays...that was always the best gift.

My 1 yr. anniversary memory book Keri made for us.

My picture of Keri and I at Disneyland. My whole box o' special stuff. [Smile]

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
<le>
posted
Lila, you crawl around in my head at night don't you?

Same things, photographs and my grandmothers' letters.

When I was 8 and living in south Texas, my family lost all of our photos in a flood (Hurricane Beulah). Then when I was 18 my parents split up. My mom moved into an apartment and stored many personal items in a storage unit. A tornado hit the storage building and destroyed everything she had there, including all the photos taken since 1967. The photos I have are the extra ones sent to my grandparents over the years. They are few.

I wrote both my grandmothers while in college. I have saved most of the letters we exchanged during that time. My sister and I have laughed ourselves silly reading together.

Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shane:
my ggg-grandfathers

ggg's [Big Grin]

favorite possession?
when you move, you realize you don't need half the stuff you own -g-
so i'd say the ring d got for me in p-town
but i enjoy my computer, cameras, car and the photos of my family

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
<Shane>
posted
quote:
ggg's

we had a cold front come in [Big Grin]

Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post
i think you just like g strings [Wink]

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
well, by virtue of my May b-day, i am one of those Taurean types that put great emphasis and meaning on possessions. not big fancy things necessarily, but many little things (i have one of those printer's tray full of "stuff" too...)...

the 22 rifle i got for my 28th b-day

2 almost identical rocks--one i found in the Big Bend desert and one on the Pacific coast north of Malibu

my collection of Oilers & Titans caps

my dad's tackle box

my Queen Elizabeth shot glass

my beat up 20+ year old cowboy boots

a Zippo lighter with the inscription WWXD 2000

my dog-eared, dog-chewed copy of the Tao

a weird ceramic owl that lights up from the inside

my high school letter jacket

and a house-full of other things...

[ February 05, 2003, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: Waylon Harpy ]

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
<le>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Tam:
quote:
Originally posted by Shane:
my ggg-grandfathers

ggg's [Big Grin]

favorite possession?
but i enjoy my computer, cameras, car and the photos of my family

What kind of car do you have?

Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by le:
What kind of car do you have?

it's the first car i paid for myself.. a '97 toyota rav4

<xenacrazed>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by le:

What is your favorite possession and why?

Photo albums & videotapes of family & friends thru the years (which reminds me i gotta get them
pics of Syl-chan & me developed...)

Do pets count as possessions? if so, i'd have to
mention my cat Mariah. Or am i her possession...
hmmmm?

Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
ooh--ooh--i thought of more (see? see how i am...?)

my grandmother's New Orleans Saints colored afghan that my great-Aunt Woof (yes, Aunt Woof...) made her that she took with her to the Saints games cuz she had season tickets. i loved my grandma...

a mug my best friend in high school gave me on my 18th b-day that says, simply, "conform and be dull."

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
My grandmother's copy of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.

The collar my cat wore from when I was 4 through high school.

My son's first Thomas train. When he was a toddler he carried it everywhere. We just found it in a box in his room and he said I could have it. Sweetie pie [Big Grin]

The little hat they put on him in the hospital.

His first diaper pins.

My daughter's first little red shoes.

The necklace my ex-husband gave me instead of an engagement ring, because he knew I didn't like to wear rings.

Lots of dried flowers, movie ticket stubs, the kids' carseats, all their little baby clothes....it just goes on [Wink]

lol...I was doing fine, not crying at all typing this, and my son walks in, all tall, and says "I need a small philips head." *sniff* my baby....

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
My favourite possession is the sword that was used by Xena in the episode "Send In The Clones".

It's special to me because it's an actual prop from my favourite show of all time, it was touched by Ms Lawless, and it is actually created out of metal.

I'm also rather fond of my two metal chakrams, even though they aren't authentic, and my Xena prop replica sword.

I've got some other stuff I really love, mostly because I got them during my world travels. A picture of myself sketched by a Parisian artist who I befriended, a piece of LEGO from Legoland in Copenhagen, a chip off the Berlin wall, a piece of the Sydney Opera House.

I also have a baby spoon engraved with my name -- a memory from childhood.

Damn, I have a lot of crap! [Smile]

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post