Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    Hey everyone, I am baaaack!

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Hey everyone, I am baaaack!
 Login/Join 
<Belle>
posted
Howdy everyone!

I just wanted to give everyone the heads up on how I am (for those who have been askin) After the surgury it was pretty rough. They put me on morphine which really messes you up! I put Cat and my parents through hell. The hallucinations are sooo real on that stuff.

Well, the doctor thinks he got all but a small piece of my tumor. (which may or may not grow back) While he was working on me I guess he cut threw some nerve that controls my smell and taste so I have no sense of smell and I cannot taste at all. He said that may or may not come back. My black eye is gone but you can still tell that he shaved part of my head! I am on all kinds of pills which really steal all my energy....along with laying around all day!

The doc said I can go back to work Jan 6th, part time, a few hours a day a few days a week. Thank God! I am so bored staying at home!

The great news is...there doesnt seem to be any sideeffects from the surgury like a memory problem or eye sight problem, i can deal with the smell and taste thing..

so far, it was quite a successful surgery and I thank all of you very much for the gifts, flowers, cards and good wishes. You all really helped me get through the hardest time of my life, for real!
Thanks All...
Kelle

ps...here is a post=surgury pic..dont get too grossed out...I am normal now again! [Big Grin]

[ December 14, 2002, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Belle ]

Report This Post
<CorXena II>
posted
{{{Belle}}} [Smile] [Big Grin]

That's really good news! YAY!
I know we actually dont know each other but I'm happy to hear that you're feeling okay again!! [Smile]

I'm sorry about the smelling- and tasting-thingy though but tough as you are I'm sure you can deal with it!!!

Hope you're gonna have a great X-mas and a Happy New Year and that your start with the job will be great!! [Smile]

Thanks for the update!!

cheers,CorXy

p.s.:the pic doesnt work!*shrug* At least not for me!

Report This Post
<BrucyBraless>
posted
Im glad youre doing well..

Its good christmas news to me .. [Smile]

YAY!

I Hope you get all your senses back rite & proper,soon...

Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Prof. Lurker
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the update, it's wonderful you're here as well being allowed to go back to work.
You're specially welcome back. My best wishes for this Christmas season.

Posts: 571 | Location: Brasilia | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
<~Amazon Priestess~>
posted
My poor, beautiful belle! [Frown]

Glad to hear you're doing better.

Maybe the taste thing is a blessing in disguise. Sticking to a diet will be much easier, huh? [Wink]

I love you baby. Take care of yourself! [Big Grin]

Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
That is so good news. I am very glad for you. I don't know you that well, but you are a part of the skroller-family, and family care for each other... And I care for you. Stay strong.

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
<xenacrazed>
posted
hey Belle, glad to hear things are getting better.
I know you'll be thrilled to be up & around at work but don't overdo it.

Hopefully you'll regain the smell & taste senses.
Til you get the smell sense back, i could visit
ya'll without worrying about my no bathing habits!
uh...

Take care [Smile]

Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belle:
While he was working on me I guess he cut threw some nerve that controls my smell and taste so I have no sense of smell and I cannot taste at all.

Ohmigawd! You should go on 'Fear Factor'. You'd have absolutely NO problems eating the gross stuff! You could totally win the money!! [Wink]

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
You're back at the Scrolls?

Uh-oh NOW we're in for some trouble.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arista:
Ohmigawd! You should go on 'Fear Factor'. You'd have absolutely NO problems eating the gross stuff! You could totally win the money!!

Yeah, because as long as you can't taste the live worms and sheep eyes... [Wink]

Glad you're back and feelin' fine, Belle [Big Grin]

[ December 15, 2002, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Fahrenheit ]

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
you make that shiner look sexy, sister... [Wink]

glad you're back!
z

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Bravo!
So glad you are back and feeling better, Belle!
lila997

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
<CorXena II>
posted
Wow! I can see the pic now...woohoo! You look GREAT! [Big Grin] [Smile]

Report This Post
<Chausen22>
posted
It is GREAT to hear you are doing well... my thoughts will still be with you and you just keep on getting better!!
Take care!!! [Wink] [Wink] [Smile] [Smile]

Report This Post
<le>
posted
Right On!

Report This Post
<Motoki>
posted
What Corxena said, you really look great hon. The taste thing is kinda weird, but hey if you have any friends or family who are terrible cooks, you can smile and happily eat their food now lol.

-MO

Report This Post
<Belle>
posted
Thanks for all the good cheer everyone!
It is much appreciated!!

Report This Post
<Lisa>
posted
So glad you're feeling better, Belle! [Big Grin] You've had a rough time. But you were strong and you made it through everything. Welcome back!

Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
[Smile] Good to see you back and doing good. I am happy for you Belle.

Posts: 12 | Location: Kansas.  | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post