Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    "Facts about Scrollers that surprised you"
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
"Facts about Scrollers that surprised you"
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted
What are some suprise scroller facts that when you heard (or saw) them and thought.. shit eh? i never knew that.

**Nora is blind as a bat without her contacts..
never knew she wore them.. *shocked*

**Never show Gabber a new yahoo game... she becomes obsessive and posessive

**I didn't realize Slem was such a tall freak until I met him

========================

You're wrong not to trust one that knows you so well. I never betrayed you.. that was... Gabrielle

[This message was edited by Ass Slappin' Hippo on 19 March 2004 at 05:12 PM.]

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
i remember being surprised Minion of Callisto was a guy. and that pj was like 16 or something when she first showed up here. and that Ame was an Aussie hottie and not the horrible hag she sounded like online.

Big Grin

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

No, Gabrielle. You understand hate, but you don't give in to it. You don't know how much I love...that.

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Sara's voice was slightly higher pitched than I thought it would be. Not that it's high, mind you. I don't know what I thought it would be like. I guess something along the lines of a 50 year old 3 pack a day smoker who had been smoking since 12. *g*

Zoom is totally devoted to her "daughter" Stella. Our first night camping was only like the second night that Stella had been away from zoom.

Argeaux has a shy bladder. Don't ask *g*

le is in the construction biz. She erects things. I don't know quite what that means, but I like the sound of it. She also likes Nickelback, but I still like le. Razz

Ame is a sexpot-that's not the surprise. The surprise is her astounding ability to fit these encounters in while chatting with the rest of us online. Wink

"Clearly you've never been to Singapore."

Captain Jack Sparrow

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smirk Morgan:
Zoom is totally devoted to her "daughter" Stella. Our first night camping was only like the second night that Stella had been away from zoom.

it's only been four as of now. however when i go to Philly at the end of April i'll double that... Frown

i loves me my puppy.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

No, Gabrielle. You understand hate, but you don't give in to it. You don't know how much I love...that.

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised every time Salem swears. Still.

Smile

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
*laughs* I do become rather obsessive Ame, don't I? Pictionary is so hypnotizing though, really. Almost as hypnotizing as the anime boobies. *smirk* Razz

Lemme think here, hmm...

Ame - That she wants Jess to grow up to like the women. LOL, just kidding. Wink Nah, actually her age surprised me. For some reason, a long time ago I thought Shelley was older than she really is, but now it all makes more sense.

Sara - I remember it surprised me at the very beginning when she didn't look like a cowgirl. Heh, but then again, as I was telling zoom earlier, I had this whole thing going on where I thought everybody from Texas all looked alike. I blame being from California on this. *cough* Recently though uh, it would be the popcorn quirk-- I don't think I've ever seen her do that.

Salem - I'm right there with ya, how TALL this boy is. And yes, heh, me too, whenever he cusses, it just sounds so wrong... or! When he says something sexual!

zoomie zoom zoom - How outgoing she was when I met her in person. For some reason, I thought she was going to be quiet and one of few words. Heh, instead that ended up being me. *cough*

Nora - When she turned down sex a few months ago. LOL. No really, that's the only thing that has surprised me about her so far.

Argy - I never realized she was so obsessive compulsive, hehe. *ducks*

Mons - That she could own a store already or be up in the corporate ladder at her work if she wanted to be.

Seraphin - I remember it surprised me when she put a poem up about her first kiss-- in the way of that I thought she'd already had hers...but it was really nice to see her all excited. I actually saved that poem, because it's nice to remember sometimes how goofy you can be after your first kiss.

Jubs - lol, I think that she doesn't like being called Annie? Or at least I got that impression, because I called her it and then she didn't speak to me for a week. lol

CEN - for the longest time I thought he was a senior in high school or something. He was just cutesie like that. Wink

Ummm... that's all I can think of for right now. I'll be back with more if I can come up with 'em. Smile

~Gabber

"Don't think twice before you listen to your heart
Follow the trace for a new start
What you need and everything you'll feel
Is just a question of the deal
In the eye of storm, you'll see a lonely dove
The experience of survival is the key
To the gravity of love

Try to think about it ...
That's the chance to live your life and discover
What it is – what's the gravity of love..."

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Dude, Nora I think I'm insulted, either that or I need to get to work on that smoking. Psh, high pitched. Razz

Neither Argy, Nora, or zoom can climb trees that well. Or at least they couldn't at camp. They can't catch worth a damn either. LOL Big Grin

I agree, it is funny whenever Slem cusses, cause he just seems to be too pure for that. Even though I know better.

Shelley actually has a heart and can be sensitive, who knew? Razz

Nora is a cheap and easy date, buy her a good beer and she's yours. No seriously.

Argy does a smashing impersonation of the Crocodile Hunter when he's wrasslin' crocs.

kasuo was a Dance Dance Revolution freak though I doubt anyone remembers him.

I was completely surprised that the few times I've spoken to Ulrich, the conversations were meaningful and intellectual. Not that I thought he was a dummy but I didn't expect us to connect on that level. It was cool. Smile

GabstheGreatest wrote a pretty good Xena/Gabrielle story, complete with steamy scene, just for me. I still have it saved on my comp. Man I miss her. Frown

That Gabber was such an innocent. I didn't think people like that existed when I met her, heh, she ain't like that no more. Big Grin That and she was good at writing the angst but she was cheery and happy when I talked to her, lol. Weird. (And I hid the popcorn thing, too many people made fun of me for it, I only do it at home now)

Enough rambling.

I offer no apologies for the things that I believe and say
And I like it that way

We're on a road to nowhere...

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Yes yes, i gotta agree on the andy swearing being weird thing. His tallness, however, did not come as a surprise as I think it was one of the very first things he told me about himself... long, long, long... ago.

Posts: 538 | Location: Santa Monica, CA | Registered: 28 July 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Jubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gabber:
_Jubs_ - lol, I think that she doesn't like being called Annie? Or at least I got that impression, because I called her it and then she didn't speak to me for a week. lol
_

LOL! When did this happen? I don't remember this...I think you have me confused with some other Jubilee. People call me Annie all the time, haha. I don't mind, I promise. I am sorry for the insult, lol. Now everytime I see you online I'm going to talk to you and annoy you. Mwahahaha

Nora I'll go with Gabber, when she turned down the sex.

Salem I still don't think I have a total grasp on just how tall he is, but it looks amazing in pictures, heh. Also, whenever I have an actual conversation with the boy he surprises me because he's usually so quiet. Yeah, and the sexual things and cussing surprise me everytime.

Gabber I was surprised by how sweet and innocent she looks. That smile is just sooo sweet looking. Not that Gabber's just not sweet, but you can't tell in her photo just how naughty she can be. Hehe

Ame I always think it's funny how she can go from talking about all kinds of nasty things straight to talking about her daughter and all the cute things she does. I'm going to write Jess a letter and tell her what Mommy talks about.

I'll have more soon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maybe it was just the dream of you, and not the reality that I loved.

Posts: 920 | Location: Iowa, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
did i mention i was surprised to find out what Sara's real name was...?

there's more than one Scroller and photographic evidence that can vouch for my tree-climbing ability. and, may i add that my ability to catch a football is directly proportionate to the ability or *cough* INability*cough* of the football thrower.

Razz

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

[This message was edited by that'll do... on 24 March 2004 at 06:00 PM.]

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Jubs – *laughs* It happened maybe 9 months ago or so. You IMed me and I said "Hi Annie!" and suddenly....silence. I was like "Uhhh" and then tried to remember if you didn't like being called Annie, if you felt like a little kid and were insulted and wanted to be called Ann. It was a whole huge drama in my head. lol Wink And then you didn't IM me for weeks, and didn't really talk to me in chat. I had issues. LOL. Big Grin This is why since that day I have never called you by your name and always said Jubsies. LOL. For real, hehe. This is good to know...lol, but for future reference which do you prefer?

*laughs* I can be sweet... and well... lol, to tell you the truth, I prolly was pretty innocent when that pic was taken. Although I'm sure I still look the same way in recent pics, heh. *laughs* And no, you really can't tell in my pics just how naughty I can be... neither can you tell in person. That's why it shocks everyone when I say something naughty or let a curse word out. Salem and I seem to be alike in this way. Wink

zoomie zoom zoom – Ooh! Me too! That's the one that surprised me the most! Thanks for mentioning that and reminding me. To this day, I still get confused by the different names being said by different people thing...and what name to be said around what person...and it's just a big ol' ball of confusion so I tend to just stick with what I know. lol

Sara – I was actually innocent when you met me, lol. I have slowly downgraded, although I think some people still don't realize that. Wink *laughs* That's true... that must be weird. I'm all angsty in poems and cheery in chat. Must be 'cause the poems release the angst and then I'm fine. For the most part, lol. (Aww... well, yeah, I could see people making fun of you for it because they can be buttheads like that. I prolly woulda thought it was cute though.)

Okie dokie...replies done, must now eat lunch long before interview.

~Gabber

"Maturity begins to grow when you can sense your concern for others outweighing your concern for yourself."

"Never give up a dream because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Jubs
posted Hide Post
Lol, Gabber. I meant no insult, chances are I just got a mad case of ADD and stepped away from the comp, forgetting the AIM was on.

But for reference..
I actually like it when my friends call me Annie. Most of my friends do, anyway. But I don't have a problem with Ann or Annie. I think it's funny when I'll see family members whom I haven't seen for a while and they'll go "Hi, Annie! Oh, or is it Ann now?" I mean, they're family, my family has always called me Annie, it would be weird if they called me anythign else,lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maybe it was just the dream of you, and not the reality that I loved.

Posts: 920 | Location: Iowa, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
I'll second the real name for Sara thing too.

========================

You're wrong not to trust one that knows you so well. I never betrayed you.. that was... Gabrielle

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
I was surprised when I found out that Rellik was a girl, and that she was that young. I always thought she was a man, and a bit older then she really is. Smile

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

Come to my homepage and read my Journal or check out my wallpapers.
Why KSena? That is my nick here in Sweden... :-)

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moonshade (aka KSena):
I always thought she [Rellik]was a man
You mean Rellik ISN'T a man? Eek

~~~~~~~~~~

Who did you think I would be? - HA! - well you got me instead.

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of Rellik
posted Hide Post
lol yeah thanks argy, but it proves to show that im definatly not girly or immature 'sounding' lol.

Posts: 410 | Location: canada | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Prof. Lurker
posted Hide Post
hmm...I don't get easily surprised, but there were some like how young Emessis is, and years ago I was sure Argeaux was from USA. And that Salem is a boy. And TwinXenas surprised me for they're exactly how I thought Smile
oh, I remember this old sig "Rellik is a girl, damn it"

Posts: 571 | Location: Brasilia | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Take it as a compliment, Rellik! Wink

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

Come to my homepage and read my Journal or check out my wallpapers.
Why KSena? That is my nick here in Sweden... :-)

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of Rellik
posted Hide Post
LOL oh, but I do. I remember that sig....

"Im a girl Dammit!"

Posts: 410 | Location: canada | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Upon first in person meetings:

Ame and AP were quieter that I expected.

Argy and zoom were more talkative than I expected.

Arista was shorter than I expected.

GTG was younger than I expected.

Other revelations:

When I discovered...

...that Shawn had a motorcycle.

...that Rellik was female (sorry Rellik!).

...that English was not Xenatizer's first language.

oh, there are plenty more but my laptop battery is low. I'll continue later!

And on a side note... I can testify to zoom's tree climbing ability. I've seen it and I was impressed. Can't say as much for the boomerang throwing though Wink!

And I remember kasao!

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lila997:
Can't say as much for the boomerang throwing though Wink!

how do you think i got so good at climbing trees?

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lila997:
Upon first in person meetings:

Ame [was] quieter that I expected.
Oh PUH-LEASE!! In what universe?!? Roll Eyes

I always knew you were female, Rellik.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scroll Tragic
Picture of Brucy Braless
posted Hide Post
Well the 1st thing I noticed about the scrolls when I arrived was that there were fun& intersting people.

thenext 2 things were..how everyone saw a different 'Xena' than everyone else...

& on the 1st scroll(early98) how young the women were..They seemed so polite & mature..
I had figured them to be 5-10 years older than they were or more...

On the 2nd Scrolls..the 1st password one...
I was surprised at how much older the Nastiest & most immature scrolls were... Confused

I was surprised by how clever & resouceful Ame was as the first scroll guardian.

I was surprised bt how much..scrollers had become part of my life..& how they changed me.
(you know who you are) Wink

I was surprised to learn Rellik was a deliteful girl myself... Smile

Posts: 4276 | Location: Bflo,NY USA | Registered: 28 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
*chuckles to self*

I realised Rellik was female.... i did though assume, being a xena fan (you should never assume) that rellik and cora were *together*

hehehe

pokes argy.. i'm ALWAYS quiet.... it;s the quiet ones you have to worry about.

========================

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
HEY!! Quite poking me.

That's not very resourceful OR clever!!

Cut it out or no more Tim Tams for you.

~~~~~~~~~~