Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    Show off your pets thread
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Show off your pets thread
 Login/Join 
<Aeryn Sun>
posted
Okay, here's your chance to show off your pets. Gabris and I love our animals, and I know there are lots of other scrollers who have furry friends of their own. If you don't have pics to post, then just tell us about them.

Hercules and Iolaus are six. I've had them since they were about seven weeks old. Someone dumped them in the woods in Montana. They were wild when I got them. They hid under my bed for a month before they finally decided to trust me. Oh, and they have blue eyes, not red.

Giles is one. Someone threw him in the middle of an intersection when he was about four weeks old. It was freezing rain at the time and he was very sick. His temp was 96(five degrees below normal)and his eyes were so infected that one ruptured and had to be removed. A nice lady brought him to my vet, where I happened to be with my dog at the time. She couldn't afford a big vet bill and was going to have him put to sleep. We bottle fed him every four hours, spent lots of money at the vet and nursed him back to health. He's well worth all the effort. Willow is seven months old. She and her seven littermates were abandoned when they were about six weeks old and were about to be put to sleep. So we took them in. One died, I found homes for the other six and kept the runt.

Misty and Keegs are six. Gabris got them when they were about 8 weeks old. When I moved in with Gabris, these two declared war on Hercules and Iolaus but they're friends now, all the cats are. She got them at a petshop. She chose Keegs who didn't want to leave without Misty, so she took them both.

Janeway is a three year old chocolate lab. We got her when she was seven weeks old. She's very smart, loves to swim and earned her canine good citizen certificate. She's very protective and for some reason she doesn't like men. Tuvok is a two year old whippet. We got him when he was four months old. He's not so smart, but he's very sweet and loves everyone. He's the one that got attacked by my neighbors akita. You can see one of his wounds in the pic.

We also have a cockateil named Caesar two goldfish named Samson and Delilah and a ghost knife named Saberhagen.

Well, those are all our babies, lets see yours.

[ October 19, 2002, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Aeryn Sun ]

Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pets ya got there [Smile]

I haven't any online pictures of my kitty Onslow, but he's a giant, striped sweetie pie with green eyes and a missing canine tooth. Sometimes his top lip sticks and it looks like he's doing an Elvis snarl [Big Grin]

question...is it difficult for an older, established cat to get used to a new kitten?

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
lmao. Onslow??? as in "Keeping Up Appearances"? i love it.

i really need to post some recent pix of Stella. i took one today of her in the personalized (yep--it has her name on it!) Tennessee Titans football jersey that my sister brought her this weekend. oh so very cute...

[ October 19, 2002, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: surly waits in Poteidaia ]

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surly waits in Poteidaia:
lmao. Onslow??? as in "Keeping Up Appearances"? i love it.

heeheeee...yep [Big Grin]

We had two bunnies named Hyacinth and Daisy but...well...bunnies don't last long...apparently.

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
i bet not, when there's an Onslow-sized predator in the house...

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
heh...Actually, Daisy ran away during an out-of-hutch frolick and Hyacinth was caught in a suprise March blizzard. Onslow was just a tiny kitty at the time [Smile]

My daughter wants a fluffy pink kitten named Muffin. lol...err....

<Aeryn Sun>
posted
Actually, our older cats accepted the kittens better than I thought they would. They hissed and complained for a couple weeks, but they're all friends and playmates now.

Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
That's good news, thanks [Smile]

I may at first keep the new kitten away from him when we're not around, just in case. I hate the thought of coming home and finding tragedy had taken place. yeesh...

<wizardbard>
posted
I've got an African Grey Parrot named TD. No pictures unfortunately. He likes to harass cats by meowing at them and driving them crazy. He talks, mumbles, chirps, whistles, makes odd noises, clucks like a chicken and gobbles like a turkey in addition to meowing like a kitten, a cat and someone imitating a cat. Glad he doesn't do the phone ringing

Report This Post
<Aeryn Sun>
posted
Wow, I can't get my bird to do anything but catcalls.

Report This Post
Scroll Legend
posted Hide Post
A couple of years ago, I had a pot-bellied pig (hence my user name "evil swine") named Dixie. This is a picture of her when she was a couple of months old: http://www.geocities.com/cekatz/Dix-run-cropsmall.jpg

I don't have any pets right now.

You may have to copy and paste this link into your browser for it to work, or just go here: www.geocities.com/cekatz

[ October 20, 2002, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: evilswine ]

Posts: 144 | Location: NC | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
<Aeryn Sun>
posted
Awwwwww. Pot bellies are the best. I had two, Callisto and Petunia. They were house pets and they slept on my bed with me.

Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
My pups have their own webapge -hee hee. I think I posted it before but here it is:

http://lila997.homestead.com/dogs.html

Casey is a yellow lab (with atypical pigment cause she her parents were chocolate labs- she's a mutant). I got her when she was 9 weeks old. She just had her 6th birthday last weekend.

Chance is a beagle. I adopted her (well, she found me actually) in 1999. Best we can figure is that she was either being used to breed or was an inadequate hunting dog and was dumped from a car. She was afraid of car tires and loud noses and heavy footsteps and a LOT when I got her. Now she's not afaid of ANYTHING! The vet says she's about the same age as Casey.

As you can see, they are totally inseparable. I think they are soulmates. [Wink]

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
<Aeryn Sun>
posted
Pretty pups, lila. Labs always look so noble, but they're just big, silly clowns. At least mine is. A flower smelling beagle? Now I've seen everything.

Report This Post
<gabreezy>
posted
Hey, TIKI!! Where's a pic of your cat????? All that trash talking ya did in another thread aboot her, we'd like to see this kitty that can beat up Giles!!

Report This Post
<gabreezy>
posted
And xenacrazed, since your cat owns you...then you have to post a pic of yourself!!! but use a heavy filter and lots of vaseline, I don't think many scrollers have Horric-horrors insurance like Aeryn and I do. And where's Mr. Peepers???? Falsey is chicken I tell ya, Bawk, bawk, bawk!!!

Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeryn Sun:
Pretty pups, lila. Labs always look so noble, but they're just big, silly clowns. At least mine is. A flower smelling beagle? Now I've seen everything.

Agreed. My lab looks regal but she's a big goofball.
And, in true beagle fashion, mine smells everything- flowers included!

Posting links to pics of Arista's dog T.J. for her cause I had them hosted. He's a good boy. [Smile]

http://lila997.homestead.com/files/tjsc01608.jpg

http://lila997.homestead.com/files/tj2.jpg

[ October 20, 2002, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: lila997 ]

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lila997:
Posting links to pics of Arista's dog T.J. for her cause I had them hosted. He's a good boy. [Smile]

Those pictures make his head look much bigger then it really is.

Incase anyone is curious, TJ is a rat terrier. He's one of those hyperactive, yappy dogs. Although, he doesn't yap too much. He can be seen, on occasion, running around the dining room table in some sort of psycho-dog frenzy.

By the way lila, TJ told me to tell you that you had a pretty mouth. [Eek!]

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Legend
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeryn Sun:
Pot bellies are the best. I had two, Callisto and Petunia. They were house pets and they slept on my bed with me.

Aeryn, did you have any problems training your pigs? I had a hard time trying to train mine. Maybe I'm just a retard, but I could NOT get her completely potty-trained! Drove me absolutely nuts.

Posts: 144 | Location: NC | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
<Aeryn Sun>
posted
evilswine,
I had my pigs from the day they were born, I had to bottle feed them. I started them out in a litter box. I put them in it after every feeding and they caught on pretty quick. When they were old enough to go outside(I lived on a ranch with 15 adult pot bellies and several babies)and too big to use the litter box, I let them out in the morning to roam around the property. As soon as the sun started to set, they would head to the house squealing at the top of their lungs. If I didn't meet them at the door, they would pound on it with their front hooves until I let them in. One time, I waited to long and they tore the screen door off! Anyways, I would let them out once before bed and they were fine after that until morning. They had a couple accidents early on but then so do dogs.

Report This Post
<False Hope>
posted
Here he is in all his glory - Mr. Peepers!!

Please note his extra large right leg, his single yellow feather in his leg-pit, and his sudden appearance of cow-lick like feathers on top of his head.

Report This Post
Scroll Guru
posted Hide Post
Hee hee hee, he's cute! And upside-down! ^.^

Posts: 218 | Location: OR....or what? | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
<False Hope>
posted
He got into the eggnog... silly bird... nog if for FallC.

Report This Post
<gabreezy>
posted
Well, well, well, well, wee. ........ I just lika saying well.
Look whom reared her yugly head. The False one. And that little rat-faced Peepers!! He owes me Ten bucks!!! I'll get you. Come here and let me slap you.

Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of The Troll
posted Hide Post

My cat is the one on the right.