Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    SCROLL CHANGES - ALL SCROLLERS READ
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
SCROLL CHANGES - ALL SCROLLERS READ
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
One of the reasons that I took on the Scrolls was that I believe they are still viable as a community message board.

The older version was slowing up a lot of late due to no new Xena episodes to talk about.

With the addition of a Buffy forum to this newer version the traffic has picked up a bit.

What I would like to do is add some new forums, particularly to discuss other "Warrior Women", eg. Witchblade, Charmed, etc.

How would people feel about this?

I will make sure to keep the "Poteidaia Tavern" forums intact, so the original flavour of the Scrolls will never be completely lost, but some newer forums may attract some newer Scrollers to keep this place jumping.

Post your thoughts in this thread, please.

Thanks. [Smile]

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
I like the idea of a Charmed Forum [Smile]

My Charmed poll could be moved there and..have a home..

And such..

But yes, I think having some new forums would be good!

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of CorXy
posted Hide Post
I love the idea of a Charmed-forum!

It is sad that we have less and less Xena-ish discussions but I do understand why. [Frown]

I think it would be kewl to start some new ones as long as we keep the original Xena-forum alive! [Smile]

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I like that idea.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
I personally don't watch Charmed, and Witchblade irritates me, but I think new fora would be neat. Maybe it'll get me watching more shows, which...y'know...how can you go wrong...

Oh hey, if you're going for a Warrior Woman flavor (heh) maybe have a general strong-gals one as well, so we could discuss others not included in those specific areas? It could go in regular General, yes, but it'd be easy to lose track of threads. I dunno... [Wink]

Thanks for asking [Smile]

<xenacrazed>
posted
The only show i watch is the Simpsons. Plus anime
shows which probably have more warrior women than
regular shows. How about a combination Simpsons/
Anime forum?

i'd like to see a Music forum. In an industry filled with greed & corruption, the land cried out
for musical non-mainstream heroes...

Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
What if we combined some of the "smaller" shows (i.e. ones that have been on only one season etc) into one forum. For example something like Charmed, which is still airing new eps, may need it's own forum but perhaps Witchblade and Birds of Prey, which are popular with many scrollers but no longer in production, could be combined with a few others of similar nature.

[ January 08, 2003, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: lila997 ]

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
<le>
posted
I like the idea of a general Warrior Women. Leaves room for RL Warrior Women and well as those created to entertain.

Report This Post
<Shane>
posted
I'd like a music forum. Might keep me from buying all these junk CD's I do.

Report This Post
Scroll Guru
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good idea to me....I'd like a Charmed and music forum.

Posts: 218 | Location: OR....or what? | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Nightmare
Picture of Cora
posted Hide Post
hmm.. I think some new forums are good ideas, but I am afraid that I dont really watch Charmed and shows, but I supose I still would be able to have opinions on some of the topics! so go ahead! lol

Posts: 428 | Location: Canada | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of TwinXenas
posted Hide Post
We like the idea so everyone can talk about everything and anything.

<Alan>
posted
Good idea. You forgot "Alias".

I don't suppose anyone would be willing to discuss ElectraWoman ( seen below )? I thought not.

Report This Post
<Axel>
posted
Hmmm...I have kinda mixed feelings about this idea.
For me the scroll always has been a place to talk about XWP - Well..XWP and other stuff. Quite frankly I was kinda shocked the first time I saw a "Buffy-forum" hidden inside the scroll. Sure...you may get a lot more responses if you briden the topics of the forums (f.e. placing a subforum for every series a woman plays a part in) but that would kill the old spirit of the scrolls (at least imo).

So I plea to you..don't change the scrolls. If you wanna talk about other series here, then do it in the "Generals"-subforum but don't start a new s-forum for each series.

As I said...so far this has been a Xenaforum and I fear that this might change if you really stick to your plan.

Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
*raises hand timidly*

As an addict, I'd like to see a Reality Show forum. It's not necessary, but that does seem to be a common theme among a lot of threads [Smile]

edited to clarify--reality shows seem to be a common theme, not unnecessariness [Wink]

[ January 08, 2003, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Fahrenheit ]

Dream Scroller
Picture of CorXy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axel:
Hmmm...I have kinda mixed feelings about this idea.
For me the scroll always has been a place to talk about XWP - Well..XWP and other stuff. Quite frankly I was kinda shocked the first time I saw a "Buffy-forum" hidden inside the scroll. Sure...you may get a lot more responses if you briden the topics of the forums (f.e. placing a subforum for every series a woman plays a part in) but that would kill the old spirit of the scrolls (at least imo).

So I plea to you..don't change the scrolls. If you wanna talk about other series here, then do it in the "Generals"-subforum but don't start a new s-forum for each series.

As I said...so far this has been a Xenaforum and I fear that this might change if you really stick to your plan.

Now,I thought about this again and I think that Axel has some good points!

Yes,we'll get more members and more replies with more different forums but is a message board only kewl if lots of pple post at it? is it all about how many posts we have and how many pple we are?

I do think we could have one other forum to discuss other tv-shows but I wouldnt want to see an extra forum for each topic that you can think of.

I feel like Axel: this board has always been a Xena board and although we dont have much Xena-ish things to talk about lately I dont think we should try to expand the board and let it become a board for just everyone!
Dont get me wrong,I like getting to know knew pple and all and I dont have anthing against new members,but still I think we should keep the board small,just like it is at the moment and maybe just add an "other tv-shows" forum although we can talk about other tv-shows in General!

We've always talked about all kinds of stuff at this board. About our lives,computers,music... although it was/is a Xena board and that's what made/makes it so special!

First and foremost it was a board to discuss Xena and then,we got to know each other and shared more and more things!

Cant we keep it this way???

To me,this is still a Xena-board and I'll never get sick of talking about her,the show,etc. - we just need to Xena-ish it up a bit - and that's what I try to do with my Xena:WP/Lucy/Reneé-posts!

Okay...I think I said enough for the moment...

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CorXena:

First and foremost it was a board to discuss Xena and then,we got to know each other and shared more and more things!

I didn't come here because it was a Xena board. I came because I liked and respected Renee and wanted to read a thing about her. I stayed because of the activity (some boards never seem to move), the people, and the diverse topics being discussed.

I don't even watch Xena anymore. Not that I hate it, I've just moved on to other things. I'm not buying the DVDs. My props are neatly packed away in the attic. I get the Chakram and I flip through briefly before putting it on a shelf.

Anyway, maybe I'm the only one who feels that way. If the majority want it to be predominantly Xena, that's fine, obviously. But it's not, in my opinion, necessary, nor best for the board.

edited...once you see a spelling error that edit button just taunts and taunts...

[ January 08, 2003, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Fahrenheit ]

Dream Scroller
Picture of CorXy
posted Hide Post
well,with discussing Xena I mean discussing everything that's related to the show,incl. the actors! So if you came to the board because you wanted to read about Reneé it did have something to do with Xena! If this wouldnt have been a Xena-board you wouldnt have had the idea of joining it,right?

Well,if you dont care about Xena anymore then that's sad,IMO. But of course it is your choice to forget it!

If you wanna talk about other things than Xena you can do that - in the General Forum!

[ January 08, 2003, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: CorXy - scroller pain in your a$$ ]

<Lisa>
posted
I love the idea of a Charmed forum! Yay! Also, what about Dark Angel? [Big Grin] [Razz] [Wink]

Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
I didn't mean to start an argument, Corxena. I was just expressing my thought that this doesn't have to be a Xena board. Like I said, if everyone else thinks it should, that's fine.

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Well...

I wouldn't mind having a couple of new forums for other warrior women (although I do personally think the forums that would have the most possibility for traffic would be Charmed and Alias)... however, I must say...let's try not to go overboard and have a ton of forums.

The thing I like about this place is that the essence of it is X:WP...start to change that too dramatically, and I think the place will begin to lose some of its magic. Just my opinion.

~Gabber

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Jubs
posted Hide Post
I think this is a great idea!
I would love to see an "other tv shows" forum or something (I'm sure you could think of a better name, lol) not necessarily just charmed, alias, etc. but anything, including reality shows.
I like the idea of having other forums. I don't think I've even watched xena since it ended.
Xena is not, and never was my favorite show, it was a GREAT show, don't get me wrong. what originally drew me to this board some 3 years ago, was Xena. but what kept me here was the people. The atmosphere of this board has always been what i've loved most.
The forum for Xena is still kicking, it's not like Argy's proposing to take it away. All she wants to do is add forums. It's like adding rooms to a house, it may seem awkward, at first, but you eventually grow into them and learn to love them. I'm sure that adding new forums to the Scrolls will definately help us to stay afloat in the vast ocean that is the Internet. If we have more divers topics, we will draw more people to our board.
I'm all for it!

Posts: 920 | Location: Iowa, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Axel you raise valid points and certainly ones I have thought about.

I too would never like to lose the original Scrolls flavour. That's why I'm proposing NEVER to get rid of the Poteidaia Tavern section of the Scrolls. That way we can have the best of both worlds - new stuff to talk about but the older haven for hard core Scrollers.

With the addition of some new forums, and to show that this board is in fact going in a slightly different direction and has a new owner, I would also like to propose a small name change. Instead of the Poteidaia Scroll I'd like to call it the Daily Scroll.

I know this will be a controversial change, but think about it.

People will still be Scrollers, there will still be a Poteidaia (ie. the Poteidaia Tavern) but it will allow the Scrolls to broaden out and not alienate newer members.

Thoughts?

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
'k [Smile]

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Plessinger:
Good idea. You forgot "Alias".

I don't suppose anyone would be willing to discuss ElectraWoman ( seen below )? I thought not.

Not so fast- I used to watch Electra-Woman and Dynagirl on Sat mornings. I even went on to follow "ElectraWoman" on to her Days of Our Lives stint- hehe. Also watched all of those other bizarro Krofft shows like H.R. Pufnstuf, Lidsville, Land of the Lost, etc.
Talk about warping young minds! That was kinda kooky. [Smile]

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post