Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    They tell me I was born there, but I really don't remember

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
They tell me I was born there, but I really don't remember
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted
Just curious....where were you born? Give as much detail as you like. Feel free to give the smart-ass "Earth" answer. *g*

I was born at Wurtsmith AFB, Michigan, USA

But I really don't remember. Wurtsmith is no longer an air base. I'd heard that they'd converted it into a federal prison. smash

"You grow up the day you have your first real laugh, at yourself."

Ethel Barrymore

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
I was born in Gosford, NSW, Australia, which is about 15 - 20 minutes away from where I live now Smile

---------------

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Jubs
posted Hide Post
I was born at Mercy hospital here in Dubuque, Iowa, where I still live. so, yeah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The hottest thing this side of Epworth, Iowa.

Posts: 920 | Location: Iowa, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
<Brucy Bonehead>
posted
I was born at Buffalo General(I think) hospital here in Buffalo,Ney York, where I still live. so, yeah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The hottest thing this side of a match lit fart.

That Gollum-like Dumb@$$,
Brucy Braless

Just being silly Jubs,
Big GrinI have my Rep with MaxQ to think of.

Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
I was born at Marrickville Hospital.. Sydney NSW Australia.

Jessie was born at Wyong, which is 5 mins away from where we live, but we didn;t live that close when she was born (about 15 mins)

========================

Sanctimonius Stooge

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
St. Mary's Hospital in Leonardtown, MD. The actual hospital I was born in has since been torn down, as they've built a new one.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
some hospital in Denton, TX--i think it was the only one there at the time...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

It's not the Fates; it's not Ares; it's not something I ate; no, I have no poison dart marks; I have no Bacchae bites!

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Prof. Lurker
posted Hide Post
Some hospital in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. But I never met "the girl from Ipanema". Roll Eyes

Posts: 571 | Location: Brasilia | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Disciple
Picture of Brian
posted Hide Post
A quaint hospital in Adrian Michigan was my place of birth...contrary to the rumor that I was born in a manger.

Hey BlueMoonie.. I grew up in Michigan and have no clue were Wurtsmith AFB was. The only air base I remember was near Sault Ste Marie. Were you born in the upper penisula? Are you a Uper?

Posts: 207 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
lakeside hospital.. metairie, la

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Nightmare
Picture of Cora
posted Hide Post
Born at the Ottawa Civic hospital.

-----------------------------
Como e` bella ce` la luna brille e` strette strette como e` tutta bella a passeggiare Sotto il cielo di Roma

'The Road goes ever on and on
Out from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone,Let others follow it who can!Let them a journey new begin,But I at last with weary feetWill turn towards the lighted inn, My evening-rest and sleep to meet.'

Posts: 428 | Location: Canada | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey BlueMoonie.. I grew up in Michigan and have no clue were Wurtsmith AFB was. The only air base I remember was near Sault Ste Marie. Were you born in the upper penisula? Are you a Uper?

Oscoda, MI...it's in the mitten. The closest Great Lake was Huron. I think the closest town/city of any significant size was Saginaw. At least that's where the couch I'm sitting on right now was bought nearly 30 years ago, lol. We moved to Minot AFB, ND before I was two. My main Michigan legacy is a memory of an avocado green kitchen (not ours) and a continued hope that the Detroit Tigers will figure out how to play baseball again. *g*

"You grow up the day you have your first real laugh, at yourself."

Ethel Barrymore

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guru
Picture of mons
posted Hide Post
I was born in the only hospital that used to be in town! It was ten minutes from where i grew up, 5 minutes down the street from where i live now, and 10 minutes down the street from work! I stay close to my roots. Wink

mons

"I never understood the whole 'no cruel and unusual' punishment thing. If it's not cruel and unusual, it' not punishment." - PFJ

Warrior Scroller
Picture of Herculena
posted Hide Post
Sherman Hospital
Elgin, Illinois, US.
(Kane County)

The building's had a lot of add-ons in the past thirty-eight years but my mother still can point out roughly which hospital room was hers from the street.

Posts: 335 | Location: East Hallelujah!, IL | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
zoom, I believe that you were born at Denton Community, as it's the oldest hospital here in Denton. It's actually being turned into a newer, bigger, facility. Just FYI.

As for me, I was born at Guadalupe County Hospital in Seguin, Texas. And it's still there. Smile

I offer no apologies for the things that I believe and say
And I like it that way

I'd drive naked through the park
And run the stop sign in the dark
Stand in the street
Yell out my heart
To make, to make you love me

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
I was born in King George V, Royal Women's Hospital (not sure on the correct name of the hospital, but its something like that) in Camperdown, Sydney, NSW, Australia.

I still live in Sydney so i don't live too far from the hospital.

Forever young......

Posts: 538 | Location: Santa Monica, CA | Registered: 28 July 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
KSS-hospital, Skövde, Sweden. 1 hour from were I grew up and 2 hours from were I live today.
I was the first child and it took four hours before I came out to the world at 8.30 in the evning.

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

Come to my homepage and read my Journal or check out my wallpapers.
Why KSena? That is my nick here in Sweden... :-)

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post