Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    Scrollers Invade Washington D.C.!!

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Scrollers Invade Washington D.C.!!
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
Arista and lila997 here! Just returned from the March for Women's Lives where we marched, marched, marched with Tam, zoom, and a lovely contingent of zoom's Philly friends.

Also joining us were the Indigo Girls, Whoopi Goldberg, Susan Sarandon, Julianne Moore, Ashley Judd, Gloria Steinheim, Ted Turner (who invited him?), Camryn Manheim, Carole King, Madeline Albright, Lynda "Wonder Woman" Carter, and a bunch of other famous people that we saw from a really long distance away.

A good time was had by all. Photos to follow.

Viva la Vulva!

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pics, Tam! Good for all of you for exercising your First Amendment rights!

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
D.C.'s NBC affiliate said the parks service estimated 800,000 people turned out for the march. Parks service's estimate prior to the march on the number that would potentially turn out -- 700.

Great pictures, Tam!

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Great shots - looks like a good time was had by all.

Love the slogans. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
Neat Smile

Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Prof. Lurker
posted Hide Post
wow, look at lila's t-shirt *envious* Cool
Great pictures, I can tell it's been a big and mean event; I like the slogans, too.

Posts: 571 | Location: Brasilia | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arista:
D.C.'s NBC affiliate said the parks service estimated 800,000 people turned out for the march. Parks service's estimate prior to the march on the number that would potentially turn out -- 700.

Yes, the reports of the numbers that I have heard vary between 800,000 to upwards of 1.15 million. In any case, it was a LOT! Smile

Great pics, Tam! It was great to see everyone!

(thanks prof X, I figured I'd wear the shirt to go with the 'Girl Power"/ "scrollers rule" theme! Wink )

edited to add that my pics are not uploaded yet but I will post them when I can.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Arista is tall.

File that in the box marked "no shit".

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Argeaux:
_Arista_ is tall.

nah i'm just really short Big Grin

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Argeaux:
Arista is tall.

That's actually a trick of the light. In reality I'm only 4 foot 9 inches. Wink

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Damn, I got this crazy crackling voice mail this weekend. Could it be.....? Was it really...?

4 crazy scrollers marching for us all! Wonderful thing ladies!!! I'm very proud to say I knew people there, and not just people, but friends.

And that has got to be K's baby! Too damn cute!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shawn:
Damn, I got this crazy crackling voice mail this weekend. Could it be.....? Was it really...?

[...]

That was us. We figured with the time difference and all that you were probably at church. blush

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Thank you Arista, Dr Pepper just came through my nose.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shawn:
Thank you Arista, Dr Pepper just came through my nose.

zoom had a similar reaction (sans the Dr. Pepper) when I shared the realization with her. Confused

Wink

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
what a blast that was! and how amazingly easy was it to hook up in a crowd like that? must have been our Super Scroller Senses, drawing us together. either that or the wonder that is the cell phone....
lila997: we're by the white tents.
zoom: i'm by the white tents."
l: the white tent with the pink signs.
z: i'm by the white tent with the pink signs.
l: the tent with the pink signs next to the tent with the foreign language signs.
z: i'm looking at that tent too...

needless to say, we figured it out eventutally. Arista was the consommate D.C. tour guide, proudly pointing out all the more obscure landmarks like the White House and the Washington Monument and all the buildings that had what the are writen boldly on the outside. don't, however ask her any questions...she won't know. Wink

the March was really something. such an amazing energy considering the size and diversity of the crowd. we even saw some Cheerleaders for Choice. lila997 joined them briefly to top their human pyramid. heh--not really...

Kat's baby, Bella, really took a shine to Tam--maybe cuz she was the closest one to her size Big Grin. Bella was quite the trooper, considering she had a knee's eye view for alot of the March.

it was a powerful experience--only thing was missing was our Xenites/Scrollers for Choice banner...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
heh--forgot y'all saw the seal. amazingly enough we didn't see nuns, though...

GREAT PIX Tam! especially the one of Bella in full March gear. her auntie z made sure she was postered up for the occasion. you should hear her in her little demon baby voice chanting "Bad Bush!"

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yella dawg Dem:
[...]Arista was the consommate D.C. tour guide, proudly pointing out all the more obscure landmarks like the White House and the Washington Monument and all the buildings that had what the are writen boldly on the outside. don't, however ask her any questions...she won't know. Wink[...]

I don't get paid to answer questions. Wink

Next time you come to visit, I'll have memorized Frommer's guide to D.C. -- honest.

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yella dawg Dem:
Kat's baby, Bella, really took a shine to _Tam_--maybe cuz she was the closest one to her size Big Grin

yep we're on the same level Wink