Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    Xenites, the next generation....

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Xenites, the next generation....
 Login/Join 
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted
the niece & nephew are staying for a few days. of course the nephew (7) is well acquainted with the Xena cut-out, but the niece (3) is still learning. when i told her today, "that's Xena," she asked "is Xena your best friend?" then later, when i was testing to se if she remembered who Xena was, she pointed to the picture of Callisto and asked who that was. when i said "Callisto," she said very sincerely and without missing a beat, "she's very nice."

lol. the darnedest things indeed...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
<Guess Who!>
posted
Zoom, i love the part about "is she your best friend?" he he... that's cute. What did you tell her? kids are cool sometimes. Wink

You know, i used to get a kick out of my best friends daughter for a similar funny reason.

I had three dolls, one xena, one callisto, and one gabrielle all sitting on my bookshelf at her eye level. One day she comes into the room holding xena.

"I like this one molica... she's pretty".

and i take her to the other ones, excited by her interest. Wink I show her the callisto doll:

"do you like this one".

"yes."

"How 'bout this one", showing her the gabrielle doll. And without prompting, this little angel said:

"I don't like that one. She's yucky," in utter authority.

I tested her response like a research subject! I showed her picutes of lucy, she loved 'em. Showed her picutes of xena, still loved em. Curiously... showed her pictures of gabrielle, and she didn't like her as much, or was bored by her--here's the kicker... showed her pics of renee--she loved her. Smart girl. It was only gabs she didn't like! Ha ha!

Oh, and she preffered "real callisto" and Hudson over the doll, which is a bit on the "yucky" side in comparison. Smile

mons

Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Guess Who!:
Zoom, i love the part about "is she your best friend?" he he... that's cute. What did you tell her?

i told her "yeah, sometimes..."

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by who dat?:
she pointed to the picture of Callisto and asked who that was. when i said "Callisto," she said very sincerely and without missing a beat, "she's very nice."

That is so sweet! They both sound like cutie pies!

Posts: 493 | Location: over here | Registered: 23 July 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
Oh how funny! LOL! Kids are soo cool! *grin* Big Grin

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of XF3
posted Hide Post
Makes me miss my baby cousin. Oh the quotes that would come out of her mouth. God, it seems like I wrote them down somewhere but hell if I know where.

-----------------------------
My Space

Posts: 1644 | Location: Blue skies....Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2005Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Ooooo that reminds me to pass on my old Xena videos to my niece.

My sister has been requesting them. Strange.

Could it be that sis has a secret desire to watch Xena, but just can't admit it? Confused

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
the last night the kids were here, Chelsea (the niece) was in the other room saying something or other to us and le said "what, Princess?". after about a 3 second silence this raspy, demonic Hope-child voice said "don't call me 'Princess'!" Eek of course as soon as she realized we thought it was hilarious she kept saying it like that for the rest of the evening...very entertaining.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?