Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    Why we love 'The Scrolls'

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Why we love 'The Scrolls'
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted
In the spirit of Argy's love threads, I thought i would start a post on why we love the scrolls (and all within) which makes us keep coming back..

Only pleasant thoughts please.....

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
<Motoki>
posted
Oh please, like you've never looked forward to coming here for a little unpleasantry. [Wink]

Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
...or instigated any "unpleasantry." [Wink] but as you wish...

i love the scrolls because of the scrollers. the people here. i love it because it's a family, a community, a microcosm. and sometimes a verbal war zone. i've found good friends here, true friends, a best friend. i've worked through pain and love and frustration and crisis. i've lol-ed, lmao-ed and lmfao-ed more times than i know. and i've written posts through tears. it's a been a creative outlet, an escape, a sounding board, a whipping post, a safe haven, a reality check. and more than a few times, it has challenged me to be a better person (and an eviler genius... [Wink] ). and finally, and perhaps most especially, because we're all here--it all started with--XENA.

thanx for this thread Ame

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
The people here. Both the new ones, the "old" ones, and we that are the middle. I think there is no other place like this on the net.... [Wink]

HUGS
Moonshade

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
<Chianna>
posted
Definitely because of the people. It's like home. You can cry, laugh, fight, connect with others. I don't know what it is about this particular group of people. Is it Xena? Perhaps. But I don't feel as at home on other boards as I do here. I really like it here, even when we're fighting. I feel completely comfortable posting, sharing, asking stupid questions; being myself. I love this place. I even talk about it to non computer, non Xena people, (which is everybody in my non computer related world.) The people I know here(in my town) have horrible tastes in shows.

Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of TwinXenas
posted Hide Post
Because it's a place "where everybody knows your name". [Big Grin] [Big Grin] It's a place where we feel right at home talking about Xena and anything under the sun. A place to make friends, share pictures, ask for advice, to read about interesting people and places, etc. We are glad we found it.

<lesbianerector>
posted
Once upon a time I had a very stong dislike for this place. This place took my partner away for hours a day and sent her rushing to the office after we got home at the end of the day. She was having way too much fun with yall. Our lives were too busy for this b.s. I thought.

Then I met Shawn well now that's another story. [Razz] Just kidding little sister. She is smart, funny and oh so cute. Then QB and Lila997 came to town and I laughed at their antics and Xena b.s. at every turn. Soon PJ showed up and spent a few weeks with us. I just love that little evil genius. So does our puppy.

By then I had quit lurking and started posting. Very soon I too was logging on in the a.m., at lunch and mid afternoon...

Why do I love this place because my life is full to the brim with folks I love and still there is room for more. This is a mini universe full of interesting folks. Some I know, some I want to know and some will never darken my door (I hope).

Still it is worthwhile as I actually use my dictionary more now than I ever did in college...all because of this, the Xenaverse.

Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
Ok, just to clear a few things up..

I wanted this to be a happy thread, which is why i asked for only pleasant thoughts.

If it's something that makes you enjoy yourself, thats pleasant enough.
I just meant stuff like this as non pleasant.
*I enjoy coming to the scrolls because I harass Motoki on a daily basisi and I find it extremely amusing*

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
'Cause the people on the Scrolls are a family...granted, sometimes a dysfunctional family, but a family nonetheless. [Wink] I wouldn't be surprised if in another setting those who argue on here would stand up for their arguer against someone out of the "family."

I love it most of all because it brought me love in a form I didn't think possible, in many lights...and now because of it, I'm happily in love with my girl. Right after that, I love this place 'cause it's brought friends into my life...friends that I prolly normally wouldn't have "hung out" with because we're so different, but that's exactly why I love them, they're different from me and teach me new things. And sometimes even bring out a 'new' side of Keri, hehe. [Wink]

I also love it for the potential friends I see on here, and there are a few...some I haven't talked to one-on-one with, but with whom I can tell that we'd get along wonderfully. I look forward to when maybe that can happen.

Then there's the FF&P forum...ya'll know it holds a very dear place in my heart. It's been my fortress, my strength, my place to cry, to laugh, but most importantly, my place to grow.

Kinda like 'zoom and lesbianerector now, Sara and I have a common bond through this place...and it's fun whenever we're in the same place together to be able to log onto the Scrolls, read together, laugh together, or fume together.

Nevermind the fact that this place gets quite a few laughs outta me. [Wink]

Gotta love the place...it's one of the top 3 places I visit upon first logging on, and continuing visit during my period of times online. Just love it. [Smile]

~Gabber

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Because 2 or 3 years ago when I thought to myself, "Oh please, I have enough friends. I'm too old to 'make new friends'. And online, no less. Hmmph! I don't *think* so!" I stumbled across this place and it proved me wrong. Big time.
Best mistake I ever made.
[Big Grin]

[ October 09, 2002, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: lila997 ]

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
<BrucyBraless>
posted
*I enjoy coming to the scrolls because I Piss off Amethyst on a daily basisi and I find it extremely amusing*

Oh & Linxi too..... [Big Grin]

Anything else ya wanna know..???

Report This Post
<WelcomeXenaFan>
posted
It's a place where I can come to discuss my favorite heroine. I have a family here who understands my addiction to Xena. It's nice to be loved. WXF [Smile]

Report This Post
Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Hmmm - among the many reasons...

Ya'll get it! Simple as that.

I've found my kind, my tribe, mi familia, da family. As freaky as we all are, we are bound by a common link, the best link, Xena.

This board has brought about some of the best times and some of the toughest times for me. For that, I am thankful.

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
<Motoki>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Girly:
If it's something that makes you enjoy yourself, thats pleasant enough.
I just meant stuff like this as non pleasant.
*I enjoy coming to the scrolls because I harass Motoki on a daily basisi and I find it extremely amusing*

And what makes you think I don't like being harassed by you? [Wink] Like Annie Lennox and Marylin Manson said, 'Some of them want to be abused.'

Report This Post
Scroll Disciple
posted Hide Post
i like the fact that we are all brought together by xena, but we don't limit ourselves to that. we have talked about everything, and that's pretty alright in my book. rock on.

~b

Posts: 237 | Location: sodak | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
bumpin' cuz i'm feeling sentimental this morning...

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of Rellik
posted Hide Post
..cause the scrolls gives us all warm an fuzzy feelings, even the toughest scrollers.

why?

because of the people we love here and the excitement we once craved and still do, with being a fan of xena.

Posts: 410 | Location: canada | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
<Buccaroo>
posted
I love the scrolls like I love toilet paper....

Very useful... but they always end up with crap on it...

Report This Post