New
Find
Notify
Tools
Dog Gone
 Login/Join 
<lesbianerector>
posted
Zoom and I put my old pup to sleep last Friday. I miss her.

Your nails click on the hardwood floors
Tap dancing at my bedside
Yes, it is Saturday
Otherwise you would have slept through my rising

You follow me into the yard
I drink my coffee as you check the perimeter
Stirring the neighbor's dogs from their slumber
Stirring the neighbors from their slumber as well

You place you head in my lap
Gaze at me with your big brown eyes
Snuggle your nose under my hand
Pull me into your spell - playtime

This morning I await your bedside greeting
Tommorrow as well
Your puppy love touched me like no other
Your soul rises and mine recedes

Life builds to a crescendo
Then falls silent

Report This Post
<Chianna>
posted
I'm so sorry about your puppy. Animals are some of the greatest relationships you can have. My cat disappeared 4 months ago. Since we live in a high traffic area, we don't think he's alive. But I still look for him every day. I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing.

Report This Post
<AP>
posted
I'm so sorry. That's terribly difficult to do and go through. And sometimes people just don't get it. [Frown] Sorry.

Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of The Troll
posted Hide Post
Very beautiful poem LE. I really felt all the pictures you drew here. I am sorry for your loss too. Our animal friends fill so much of our lives and we don't always realize how much until they are not with us.

You remind us to take some time for the little things and be grateful for them with this poem.

Thanks for sharing

Scroll Guru
Picture of mons
posted Hide Post
your big chief tablet is handling quiet a load their LE [Wink] ... i think your puppy poem was great. made me miss the dog i lost, and wish he was still here [Frown] . course, he was pretty big, and would probably have chewed up the cord to my comp by now so i wouldn't be typin to you like i am and i'd be livin on the street cause i would have surely been kicked out of my apt for his rambunctiousness....BUUUUT that's besides the point. thanks for sharing that with us. it was... i don't know... warm... that second to last stanza [Frown] .... you're pullin' at my estrogen levels... you really are.... thanks... [Smile]

mons

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
LE,

My gosh...you trying to make me go and cry again? Wow...that really pulled at my heartstrings. Made me think about my dog Rocky and how he's getting to the end of his time, but how much I would miss when he would do the things you mentioned...or come over and want to cuddle but get up within a few minutes because Lord knows he's manly and cannot be seen as affectionate for too long. [Wink] It's just wow...yeah, really made that kick in with your poem...especially the last two stanzas. I really understand your loss honey, losing a dog/pet is always hard, especially when you're close to them...it's like losing a family member. Your dog was part of your family, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise or make your loss seem any less. Take care sweetie, and hopefully the memory of her will make you smile.

~Keri (Gabber)

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Fitting eulogy to your puppy.

So much in your poem reminded me not just of my dog, but of the holes left when we lose any dear presence from our life.

The stark ending balances the snippets of humour throughout the piece, like the neighbours being awoken, not just their dogs.

Lovely work. [Smile]

Life builds to a crescendo
Then falls silent

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post