Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Poteidaia Tavern Archive    Gabbashers
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Amethyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Gabbashers
 Login/Join 
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted
Could everyone (well, I know not everyone will reply, but yeah) post here whether they are a Gabbasher (or Gabasher) or not?

I just get a little confused trying to remember who likes Gabby and who can't stand the sight of her. [Razz]

Thaaanks

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
<Motoki>
posted
I think I am one of those rare people who is somewhat neutral to her. She has her uses, albeit some of them are getting smacked upside the head so I guess that might make me a Gabbasher a bit, but I didn't mind her in some episodes. *shrug*

Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
Basher

But you knew that
*S*

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
<theboss50>
posted
Definetly NOT a basher!....

Report This Post
<wizardbard>
posted
Big time Gabby fan and madly, passionaltely in love with Renee.

Report This Post
Warrior Scroller
Picture of Herculena
posted Hide Post
I kinda thought she was amusing (the usual Sidekick™ in the short, blonde, talky and somewhat irritating mode like Iolaus, as a foil to the stonefaced and not so verbal Xena) but the whole Gab Searches for the Truth stuff in Season 4 made me kind of bored of her (loved the haircut though). I missed the old Gab. And then she just kind of became a mini-killing-machine and was boring.

I'm not really a basher or a booster either way. I just think TPTB gave up.

Posts: 335 | Location: East Hallelujah!, IL | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
not a basher per se, but i'll do about anything in limerick form. sometimes the character annoys me (uh, season 4...hello?), but Xena seems to like her, so she can't be all bad, eh?

[ August 19, 2002, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: she who shot Jagermeister with Argy ]

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
non-basher...unbasherly...anti-Gab-bash...likehermuchbetterthanXena...

Ultimate Scroller
Picture of TwinXenas
posted Hide Post
Most definitely we are NOT Gabbashers.

<XENA GABBY FAN>
posted
Not a Gabbasher, thank you very much.

XGF

Report This Post
Scroll Guru
Picture of mons
posted Hide Post
*in a little pat benetar tune called "HEARTBREAKER"*

*ahem*

i'm a---
GABBASHER
Gab TRASHER
Gab loser don't come and mess around with me
I'm a --
GABBASHER
Gab TRASHER
Gab loser-- dON'T COME AND MESS AROUND WITH ME!!

oH, and thanks for asking! [Big Grin]

mons

[ August 20, 2002, 01:44 AM: Message edited by: U hold her down & I'll slap her ]

<Xena's Pride>
posted
Not a Gab-Basher! Early Gab at times got on my nerves as a bit whinny. However, I think that is the part the character needed to play at the time. As Gabs matured in everyway, I began to like her more and more. In the last season I had a hard time deciding whether I liked Gabs or Xena better. That's not bashing Xena because my admiration for Xena grew through the years.

Boy, I sure do miss new adventures with the Gals!

Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of Rellik
posted Hide Post
Not, a gabbasher, allthough i may or may not get jealous of her once in awhile.. [Embarrassed]

Posts: 410 | Location: canada | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
I'm not a Gabbasher either, but that's probably evident in all my sigs.

Doesn't mean I like her better than Xena though, I like em both the same, sometimes one more than the other, but usually most the same.

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I'll let you guess whether I am a Gabasher or not.

Just to be a "boring Scroller".

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
<WelcomeXenaFan>
posted
Not a Gabbasher! WXF [Smile]

Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
<lesbianerector>
posted
Yes, I am...unabashedly a Fab Gab Basher. Did I say, I'm a Gabbasher. I am, yes.

Report This Post
Dream Scroller
Picture of CorXy
posted Hide Post
I am defenitely NOT a Gabbasher!!! I used to feel annoyed by Gabby during seasons 1-2 but from season 3 on I kinda liked her! At first not too much but in time I learned to love her more and more. Today I love her as much as Xena - sometimes even more. ...hm..well,they belong together..cant really say I prefer one over the other.

<Chianna>
posted
Not a Gab basher. I have loved her in every incarnation.

Report This Post
<Chausen>
posted
Not a basher, I love that Gabrielle and Xena too!!! I love'em all actually

Report This Post
<Motoki>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Scrollers are Boring:
And then she just kind of became a mini-killing-machine and was boring.

The whole mini-killing machine was just kind of bizzare. I mean if you have miss Xena kill'em all telling you you're being to aggressive then you know you are pretty bad.

Report This Post
Warlord Scroller
posted Hide Post
Strictly speaking, I'm not a Gab-basher, but since I'm the most fanatic defender of Xena/Lucy, I'm pre-destined to carry the flag against Gabby, the ideal representative of safe, politically correct, cute, blonde and overall niceness in the face of the renegade warrior woman.
I don't care if TPTB tried to make the bard fit to every taste by making her a warrior over night as well - I don't care if Gabs fills most slots in the general role model catalogue - she's still an artificial merchandize figure.
Xena was different in ANY way... even going so far as not fitting the agenda of her creators anymore.
The original Xena spits in the face of any attempt to merge the establishment with seemimgly adverse positions.
Xena means resistance to the system.
That's why I love her - no matter what.
Gabs means acceptance of the system - that's why I doubt her - no matter what.
Xena is awareness.
Gabs is acceptance.
Xena is movement.
Gabs is the safety of stillness.
Take your pick.

Priest Of The Dark One
The Xenatizer

[ August 21, 2002, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: The Xenatizer ]

Posts: 314 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 July 2003Report This Post
Scroll Nightmare
Picture of Cora
posted Hide Post
"A little bit of colum A and a Little bit of colum B" I Like gabby but sometimes she mess's things up so bad. and well i just can't stand it

Posts: 428 | Location: Canada | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Legend
posted Hide Post
I am NOT a Gab basher, mainly b/c Gab reminds me so much of myself. *ducks at the chance of booing and someone throwing a tomato* At the time in my life that I started watching Xena, I --like Gab-- was trying to figure out my way in life. I related a lot to the character & that's why I like her so much. I also like the way Gab's pretty corny and slapstick; I love that kind of humor.

On the reverse side, I really like many character traits of Xena & wish I were more like her in some ways, i.e. her aggressiveness, her sticking her nose in things & MAKING it her business, her seductiveness [Eek!] , her ability to adapt SO quickly. I relate very well to Gabs, but wish I were more like Xena, if that makes any sense.

Posts: 144 | Location: NC | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post