Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Secret  Hop To Forums  Running Backwards    FEATURED PLAYER: Argy

Moderators: Argeaux, Kylie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FEATURED PLAYER: Argy
 Login/Join

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
I thought I'd be first cab off the rank as a featured player.

My gaming name is Argy, Arjee or Argeaux (sometimes even Argy_the_Mighty).

I used to be known as Argo on a Xena message board. That is the name of her horse. Some friends were typing in French one night and decided to call me Argeaux. I liked that and decided to keep it. Everyone shortened it to Argy eventually and I started to use that as a sort of electronic alias. Now it's my gaming name and I love it.

My real life first name is AL. I always capitalise it. It stands for Awesome Lady.

I live in Seven Hills, Australia. I am one hour's drive from the centre of Sydney.

I am 45 years old.

I have been a casual gamer for a long time, starting in the mid 80s. So that's about 30 years. I became a hardcore handheld gamer in 1981, and I have been a hardcore computer gamer for 2 years now.

I love the camaraderie that you build with other gamers when playing alongside them. I like how games tell stories interactively. I like how you can play a game so much that your muscle memory takes over and you pull off the most amazing moves that you thought you never would when you started playing that game. I also like the inventiveness of the many different games out there. And shooting stuff.

My first gaming memory is my neighbours getting a Pong clone for their TV and us all playing it for hours and learning techniques to spin the ball on the court. It was called Tennis.

My sexy Tribal GameBoy Advance is my favourite system. That's the little machine that got me very addicted to the world of good games. I own all the AAA titles released on that system, which I spent years collecting. I like the design on it so much that I got it custom painted on to my motorcycle.

My favourite game of all time would have to be Fire Emblem (FE7) on the GameBoy Advance. That's the first time that I ever really fell in love with a game. I played it to death.

Finishing my first Zelda game, Link's Awakening, was a huge moment for me as it was the first video game I ever completed.

The moment when I got the full sized ship out of the water in MYST was amazing. I was playing it on my own time at the end of the day at a youth centre in Auburn. Everyone else had gone home long ago and I was fully immersed in the world. When I could hear the water running off the ship I ran around to the other side of the island and there it was, in all it's glory.

Every now and then I do something spectacular in a game I'm not particularly good at. The most recent example I can think of is that KINET1CS and I were playing MW3 Survival on split screen. He fell down in the middle of a bunch of enemies. It was do or die for us. I knew I had to get him up ASAP or our time would run out, but I would die if I didn't clear the area first. I ran around like a mad thing shooting and knifing soldiers left, right and centre, and managed to get him up just before the time ran out.

I could go on forever but the last great gaming moment I will recall is when I got to play with the replica Beatles' Bass in Beatles Rock Band. I was a very happy woman that night.

I enjoy administrating this group. It's let me meet incredible people from all over the world and I feel a close sense of friendship with those I have gamed and chatted with. At times it can be a lot of work behind the scenes, but it is worth it. It's the people who make this group, especially those who come up with new and exciting ideas to try. Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

EDITOR'S NOTE: There were a lot of comments about this featured player, especially about her motorcycle. Unfortunately I forgot to copy them and they were deleted before I figured that out.

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post