Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Warrior Women Archive    Survivor All-stars Episode 3 -- spoilers

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Survivor All-stars Episode 3 -- spoilers
 Login/Join 
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted
Hatch, Hatch, Hatch. I imagine a good part of the shark ordeal was for show, but still. Pretty neat Smile

I feel for Jenna. Just when I was starting to like her, too.

Alicia...like I said before, no tact.

Rupert...the bugs LIVE in the sand, idiot.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
No kidding! Rupert seemed so much less 'off the hook" than in Pearl Island. He seemed to have chilled out, possibly because of seeing himself on tv and how kooky he came off*. I was so much less worried about his mental stability this time...until the shelter. Yikes... he's got issues.

The Jenna thing was sad.

Rupert and Alicia's comments re: the Jenna thing were outrageous. I'm not sure if they are just not well spoken (perhaps in Rupert's case) or they lack forethought and empathy (Alicia?) but that was just NOT helpful.

*Question: Do we know if the Pearl Islands series had started airing when they began filming All Stars? It must have,right? The tribe members knew Rupert by name when they first saw him. I'm figuring that at least a few eps had aired but maybe not as far as Rupert being voted off and that is why everyone was so surprised to se him at All Stars.

In Memory

http://www.stationfamilyfund.org/

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
I believe they said the cast had seen the first 5 episodes, but I don't know if they just showed it to them or if the first 5 had aired.

Smile

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
The shelter in the sand was very stupid. I felt sorry for Jerri. She must've been so frustrated. I wanted to see their shelter after that big storm, but oh well.

I felt sorry for the poor li'l shark. It did remind me of Kath & Kim though, 'cept with Kim and a dog Smile

Poor Jenna Frown I'm glad she got to be with her mother.

---------------

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
i hate alicia. i want to kill her till she's dead. i got a little excited when richard was the one in line for imminant shark attack, but honestly, i'm glad he wasn't seriously hurt...would have been nice to get rid of him though *sigh*. it's hard to watch lex and shii ann drooling over him all the time, but if they like him so much, he can't be all bad, right?...right

the jenna thing was so sad. i almost cried. i don't remember rupert being that harsh about it (though full acknowledgement of the shelter craziness - what was THAT about?). i think big tom was pretty tactless with his "if you die in a car crash, i don't want to hear about it till after the game". ok, fair enough if that's how you want it, but not knowing about a person's death, and knowing that someone is very close to death and weighing the options of playing a game and getting to spend what ever time they have left with them are two very different things. he had no right to say what he said. and of course, alicia is just evil incarnate. did i mention killing her till she's dead??

--------------------------------------

fear me...for i am the darkness

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I guess I took Rupert's choice of the word "quit" and the way he said something like "that's terrible I feel bad but to quit..." as being tactless. Not malicious but not at all helpful in the situation either. I just think that at this point Rupert can't get his head out of his own game long enough to emit anything even remotely empathetic. (And this from someone who generally likes Rupert!)

I didn't get so worked up about Tom because he went on to say that what he told his family about the car wreck thing was his decision in playing the game and felt right for him but not everyone is like him. I thought that he was trying to make the point that everyone needs to make the decision based on themselves and that if Jenna was making the decision to go he'd respect that.

I think Boston Rob did a nice job stepping up and pointing out that nobody has the right to question Jenna about this issue. Word. (and this from someone who generally doesn't/didn't like Rob!)

As for Alicia ...what Madogis said. Ugh.

In Memory
www.stationfamilyfund.org

Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Madogis:
i hate alicia. i want to kill her till she's dead.

It's just a matter of time before someone else does it for you! smash

Posts: 493 | Location: over here | Registered: 23 July 2003Report This Post