Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Warrior Women Archive    Die Me, Dichotomy (S2 SW)

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Die Me, Dichotomy (S2 SW)
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
I would've posted about this episode last week, but I got confused and thought it was a two-parter.

I REALLY liked this ep. Loved the nasty little "cockney" fellow running the body bank (and, of course, Rygel trying to manipulate him).

Loved the scenes with the clone slowly taking over Crighton - no matter how many times he smashed that damn mirror.

There could have been a bit more tension with Aeryn not being able to release herself from the chair, but her sinking was beautifully shot, avoiding melodrama. Sad.  -

I liked John being stuck on the table unable to speak, while watching Scorpy make off with a bit of his brain.

I'm still not so keen on Mr Stark. He'll need some time to grow on me.

Matt Newtown did a great job as D'Argo's son. I found D'Argo's hologramatic proposal to Chiana very touching.

LOTS of stuff in this ep. Really packed a wallop as a season finale. I'll write about the opening of Season 3 soon in another thread.

PS. Ha hah! Stace I KNEW you'd love this series. I take full credit for hooking ya. [Wink]

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Warlord Scroller
posted Hide Post
We-ell, in a way it'll be a two-parter. The S3 opener 'Season Of Death' will connect much more closely with this than 'Mind The Baby' did with S1's 'Family Ties'. I even cut the recordings together before I got the DVDs.

Ah, so you like Grunshlik, too, eh? Splendid..., to use his favourite word. [Big Grin]
His negotiating technique is awesome, innit? Even though one feels the urge for a good wash after every scene. [Wink]
And I love the accent with a few scape-words thrown in for good measure. Close to bloody genius how the writers introduce new words in a way that leaves no doubt whatsoever about their meaning.
"I hate to negotiate like this, but I find it helps to cut through the cratada." [Wink]

Heh... and how did you like the scene with Rygel and the gemstones?
"... that's another very small stone."

But talk about 'em frelling with our minds, when John & Aeryn exchanged their first I-love-you and John instantly morphed into Scorpy...
"You are soo my girl" *lick*
Uurrgh... *shudder* ... that seriously creeps me out every time I watch it.
It has to be said, Browder's got Scorpy down pat, almost too good for my peace of mind. [Eek!]

Agreed about Aeryn's 'exit', but in a way even that was typical Farscape. So pathetic..; such an infuriatingly ridiculous thing as a jammed harness on the ejector seat - makes the 'burial' scene after that even more heart-wrenching.
(the composer alone deserved an award for the lamento. At least in the same class as LoDuca's in The Greater Good.)

Oh, and bad news, it won't get any easier with Stark. He'll stay an interesting... well... pain in the eema. [Big Grin]

Lemme know what you think of the next one.

[Cool]
The Xenatizer

-
"You're very wise, Pilot."
"I don't get out much..., so I read."

Posts: 314 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 July 2003Report This Post