Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Warrior Women Archive    Survivor All-Stars

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Survivor All-Stars
 Login/Join 
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted
it should be fun, judging from last night. who's your early favorite? your least fave?

now i must go before i post any unintentional spoilers...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

No, Gabrielle. You understand hate, but you don't give in to it. You don't know how much I love...that.

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
what the hell...? i can't believe none of you have any thoughts/comments/opinions on this!?!?!?!

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

No, Gabrielle. You understand hate, but you don't give in to it. You don't know how much I love...that.

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Sorry to disappoint, zoomie dear. Razz

To be honest? I don't know if I like it so far. I mean, I like seeing everybody back, but I dunno...it hasn't quite hit me yet on a personal, I must watch watch watch level. Hehe, plus I was a bit pissy when I watched it because I had put off taking my Oceanography quiz for an hour because I kept waiting for it to start and didn't want to start into the quiz only to have it come on...and I was pissy because I could have been watching the L Word while waiting too, but I didn't 'cause like I said, I was waiting for it to come on. Made for a Pissy Keri. Razz

So maybe that spoiled my viewing of it, it could be possible.

Spoilers below...

For some reason, I was expecting to be gungho about Rupert the most, but I dunno...because of the way he voted at the end, I can't be. Ironic that the most liked winner of all the seasons was the first person kicked off the show. Kinda sucks...I would much rather have liked Ethan and Tina to stick around than Jenny and Jenna. But maybe that's just because I like people with integrity.

Other than that though, there wasn't much to talk about. I mean, all they did for every minute that wasn't a challenge or Tribal Council was centered around trying to make fire and watching them not be able to. That whole part wasn't that interesting.

Spoilers above...

I guess I'm just not gungho over it yet like I thought I would be. I'm usually all about the Survivor series, but eh, I dunno.

Anyone else feel the same or are ya guys stoked? Entertain zoomie, hehe. Big Grin

~Gabber

"When we don't talk
When we don't touch
When it doesn't feel like we're even in love
It matters to me
When I don't know what to say
Don't know what to do
Don't know if it really even matters to you
How can I make you see
It matters to me..."

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Sorry, zoom -- I just watched the tape last night. I gotta say... I'm a little bored so far, but it was only the first three days, so I dunno.

I thought it was interesting who many of the previous Survivors were most excited to see as part of the game.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
hey--i've never watched Survivor from the very first episode, so i never paid attention to whether we talked about it as soon as it started up or what. i just figured you reality junkies would be all over it. Wink Razz

SPOILERS
i was a bit disppointed by Rupert's vote too, but i think it's all part of his "lay back quietly and get along" strategy.

did anyone notice the look on Colby's face when he saw Jerri was there? heh--classic.

i hadnt seen any of the first Survivor i Borneo, so i hadn't experienced the wonder of Sue--ain't she a piece of work...?

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
I usually like to rewatch my tape before commenting, but I'll go...

Sue's silly. Smile I might've drunk some of that water, though. They always say it has microbes X,Y, and Z in it, and I imagine the possibility is certainly present. But they put the water there, it's not like it's sewer runoff. Once you start to dehydrate your brain begins to malfunction. You don't need that in the heat, etc.

All that said, I don't see how they're not starting fires yet. I mean...you practice.

I want Hatch to win. I can't help it. He's so brazenly arrogant. On him it's delightful. I'd like Rupert to have something to help his family, but I still don't like him. Maybe I will later, but not yet. Jerri would do well to keep keeping her trap shut and lay low for a while. I don't like Alicia any more this time around than the first. In fact less.

That's all I can do off the top of my head. That and geez, the first challenge seemed hard for a first challenge! No punches pulled here.

Scroll Stalker
Picture of Shawn
posted Hide Post
Hatch? Oh man Heitie, damn. I don't even enjoy disliking him.

I catch myself tuning the entire show out when he opens his mouth. Since the day I started watching Survivor I have not missed one episode (thanks to VHS), BUT I didn't start watching until the second season.

One reason for that - Richard Hatch. I find him completely lacking any positive human qualities. I don't like his humor, his arrogance, I don't like him.

He and Johnny Fair Play should be roomies. I think they would get along just fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was born one night
When the world loved Patsy Cline

Posts: 1673 | Location: everywhere, nowhere at all | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
The way I see it, the show is specifically geared toward lying and cheating. These aren't qualities I like in regular people day to day, but in the context of the show...he's just really good at it.

If it were a real survivor show, one in which hard work and knowledge had actual merit, and not a show about votes and alliances, then I'd love to watch him falter. As it is he does well what the show's meant to make people do.

Maybe that's why I prefer The Amazing Race. That show is almost all skill and merit. There I can root for the nice people, even though they probably won't win Wink

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I wasn't bored. I really liked it and i am already hooked. My favorite part was seeing their faces when they saw each other.

spolier below

I agree that Colby seeing Jerri was priceless.
I also found it interesting to see how surprised everyone was to see Rupert. I guess that was to be expected though, as none of them probably counted on a Pearl Island contestant being that ready (and willing!) to go back at it again right away.
I also find it interesting that it's speculated that Ethan has been romantically linked to 3 of the contestants (Jenna L, Jenna M and Amber) heh.

end of spoliers

I'm all about watching again this week!

FYI: to see a Mark Burnett produced ACTUAL *survivor* show watch Eco-Challenge Smile

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Just for the record, my lil ol' homestate will gladly take credit for Elisabeth Filarski but we (okay, well, *I*) renounce Hatch. Wink

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
But he's always so upbeat Wink Everyone else there acts like this one show is everything and their lives have no meaning if they don't win it. Hatch just takes it like it comes, one day at a time.

heh

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
Hatch has enthusiasm for the game, but only for the subterfuge and the deceit. part of the game is working in cooperation with the other players to buils shelter, hunt & gather, etc. it's one way to play, but not the most interestng, IMO. more than one winner has shown the game can be played and won honorably.

spoilers from last night:

is Rupert not just the sweetest man alive? last night's vote was for the best--even he knew it--but he just couldn't be a part of it.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
"more than one winner has shown the game can be played and won honorably"

I'm sure it can. I don't think his is the only method, I just enjoy watching him do it. But this honorable way has been shown by whom? I can only think of Ethan and really I can't stand Ethan anymore.

s
p
o
i
l
i
e
o
i
l
e
r
s

Hatch does well in the challenges, also. Sure it's largely so they'll think him valuable, but still he wasn't far behind Ethan at all on that nasty swimming thing.

The yellow boat sinking would've been hilarious if I wasn't pretty sure it meant Rudy was going. It was still good, though.

Rupert does seem to be wearing less on my nerves this season. He's less blowhardy, I guess. It was nice what he said about Rudy Smile

Is Alicia driving anyone else mad?

I'm going to practice making fire as soon as I can find some dry and unfrozen sticks.

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
This is nice. Ethan's doing some good, anyway.

I still don't like him, though...

Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many people had Hatch crotch moments during those challenges. Look up one moment and Eek hello!

He certainly does take his own approach to the game. It was funny when he said he wasn't even hungry. What a contrast from Rupert to Hatch.

Posts: 493 | Location: over here | Registered: 23 July 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
*covers eyes*

sorry if i misspell thigs here, but i can't llok at the screen. i don't like the red team snnd i don't like richard hatch. he is, exactly what he insists upon waving about in everyone's face, if you get my meaning.

EP 1 SPOILERS

i like ethan, but considering that tina got voted out, and he kinda had an allience with her, i'm pretty sure i shouldn't be getting too attatched. i really want lex to win. he should have won africa. he would have won africa if that b*** didn't win immunity *grrrrr*. it should have been him and ethan all the way, and i'd like to see that happen this time around, but like i said, i won't be surprised if it's not meant to be. of course, if lex is out, i'll be devastated, but i only read half of this thread, so i wouldn't know about that.

can i request individual threads for individual eps like last time? i know i'm a pain but it does take the worry out of posting. *prays for lex's soul*

--------------------------------------

fear me...for i am the darkness

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
I think Alicia needs to pump up her tact muscle.

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
i thnk you have to have a tact muscle to pump it...[/i]

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
Good point.

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
I've started individual episode threads so those who get the show a couple weeks after the US can participate without being spoiled. Hope that's ok Smile