Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Warrior Women Archive    Angel 5.5 (October 29, 2003) - SPOILERS!

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Angel 5.5 (October 29, 2003) - SPOILERS!
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
Episode Title - "Life of the Party"

Starring Krevlorneswath of the Deathwok Clan's Subconscious as "The Hulk"!!!

This is by far, one of the funniest episodes of "Angel" I've ever seen.

* Charles 'marking' his territory -- literally. What's up with his marking of Angel's chair???? Methinks he wants to be boss!

* Fred's obviously a happy drunk! Good to know.

* Harmonakins and Lorneytoons. How cute.

* Eve! Angel! Eek For a minute, I thought I was watching Cinemax late nights!!

* "You think this is the first time I've had sex under mystical means? I went to UC Santa Cruz." HA!

* No masked mailroom guy that I saw. HOWEVER, if you caught the previews for next weeks episode, it looks like it centers around him!

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Jubs
posted Hide Post
damn damn double damn. I forgot to put the tape in the tape recorder last night, i have now officially missed two weeks eps in a row!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The hottest thing this side of Epworth, Iowa.

Posts: 920 | Location: Iowa, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
You missed the triumphant return of Angel's spikey hair! And Eve making "gentlemen's time" jokes when Angel got out of the shower! And Gunn peeing on Wes!!

Truly a masterpiece.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
lotsa lorne.. very cool
positive thinking spike.. kinda weird Big Grin

next week: mailguy and friends

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Tam, I figured out what REALLY bothers me about the Eve chick. Not only does she look about 12, but she looks like a female version of Haley Joel Osment! I keep expecting her to whisper in a creepy voice "I see dead people." Wait... she DOES see dead people! Eek

Also, methinks she wasn't so much under mystical influences when she was boffing Angel. Did you catch how cold and... well, mean... she looked when she turned away from Angel after he wanted to have that little talk with her about it?

Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
i did see the look and thought the same thing about her maybe not being 'under the influence'
there's something just..wrong..about her

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
I thought the pacing was a little off on this one, but there were some great moments. I absolutely loved the little background joke of Gunn trying to pee on a statue in Angel's office and Wes going over to scold him.

Btw, does Gunn consider Wes his territory?

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.

P.G. Wodehouse

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tocatta in D Minor:
I thought the pacing was a little off on this one, but there were some great moments. I absolutely loved the little background joke of Gunn trying to pee on a statue in Angel's office and Wes going over to scold him.

Btw, does Gunn consider Wes his territory?

I hear they cut out several scenes to make time. There was apparently a scene with Spike and swizzle sticks?

Yes... seeing the very drunk Wes run over to Gunn shaking a finger and yelling "nooooo"... priceless.

I dunno if Gunn considers Wes his territory as much as he happened to turn around while still peeing. Or maybe he just really liked Wes' shoes?

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
i sort of feel like they're trying to fool me into thinking that the show is as good as it ever was. it had it's moments, and the peeing was fun, but i just don't know. fred's "you walk alone!" comment seemed like it was tryiing a little too hard to be funny and catch-phrasey. it probably doesn't help that i was trying to do an assignment at the time. positive spike is just adorable Big Grin, and there was something very cool and satisfying about seeing lorne really angry and yelling. makes him just that little bit more human...well, you know what i mean.

--------------------------------------

fear me...for i am the darkness

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Madogis, I don't think they're trying to trick you into anything. You've gotta remember that Wes and Fred thought they were drunk, so the things they thought were funny probably weren't supposed to be slap-knee hilarious to the audience. But they were drunk. Drunk people often think the stupidest things are funny.

Hang in there. The season only gets better. Trust me.

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
better like season 6 of buffy gets better, or better like season 4 of angel gets better?

i'm sorry, i don't mean to be so down on the show, but i loved it once and it broke my heart Frown. still, i'll hang in there if you say i should, for the eyecandy if nothing else Smile.

--------------------------------------

fear me...for i am the darkness

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Let's put it this way -- I personally think it's shaping up to rival Season 3 of Angel as best season ever.