Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Warrior Women Archive    Angel 5.9 (January 15, 2004) - SPOILERS!

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Angel 5.9 (January 15, 2004) - SPOILERS!
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
Episode Title: "Harm's Way"

Honestly, I've never been a huge fan of Harmony Kendall -- even when she was on "Buffy". I found her to be quite annoying and when I heard she was going to be appearing in "Angel" this season, I groaned and wondered why noone had staked her when they had the chance.

However, Harmony has started to grow on me. She's filled that void left by the absence of Cordy. She'll NEVER replace Cordy, but in a way, she loosely reminds me of "classic Cordy" -- a bit on the self-centered side and when her mouth opens, the thoughts spill out uncensored.

Tonight's episode was completely Harmony-centric. To my knowledge, this is the first episode of "Angel" to showcase a guest star and Mercedes McNab did not disappoint.

Highlights:
  • Angel's message to Buffy.
  • The camel and Angel's reaction.
  • Harm and Fred's night out. The conversation had me cracking up.
  • Harm's way of dealing with the people who found out something was amiss.
  • Harmony showing Fred that she was a "right-biter" and Fred's reaction.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed this episode also.

Hey, when did Harmony learn how to fight? Remember her hair pulling fest with Xander? I guess she took a Martial Arts class when she converted to pig's blood!

The outing with Fred was so cute!

The pile of bodies in the closet was hysterical! Esecially when she thanks them for being so cool about it, like they had an option.

The demon resolution at the end was funny too!
WORKS FOR ME!

I got a Cordy vibe from last night's episode too. Of course, Harm can never be Cordy, but I still love Harm. Big Grin

Posts: 493 | Location: over here | Registered: 23 July 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted Hide Post
Loved it. Completely goofy. I loved how Harmony kept saying things just as I was thinking them. When Tamika revealed herself as the plotter Harmony nearly beat my own thought of "and you are...?"

"You grow up the day you have your first real laugh, at yourself."

Ethel Barrymore

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
hee...Harmony Smile

Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
What did you think of Spike's excuse for staying in L.A.? I thought it was kinda weak.

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
Weak, yes, and a little contrived.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I had to roll my eyes regarding Spike's excuse. I guess they couldn't come up with anything better dialog-wise.

Chiana, ya know, I had the same thought when Harmony started the martial arts stuff with the chopsticks.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
liked the episode (thanks heitie)
but ditto on harmony's fighting skills and spike's unlikely excuses

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
welcome Smile

I was thinking maybe Wolfram & Hart has some kind of martial arts training thing for new employees. Considering how dangerous it can be working there, maybe even secretaries have to pass a certain level of skill...or something. Plus she's the boss's assistant, so that might carry higher requirements. I'm just saying.

Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
That makes perfect sense. Right on! Big Grin

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
hehe, you guys are so cute the way you need things to make perfect sense. after watching "american psycho", where he manages to keep about a bucket of blood off the carpet by layig one sheet of newspaper down, and after all the various inconsistencies of "home and away" these past few months, i've learned to use the phrase "just go with it" in regard to everything i watch Smile.

the wolfram and hart training seems plausable for harm, and i can't remember what spike's excuse was Frown. oh wait, yes i do. yes, it did seem a tad contrived.

salem pointed out to me that the bodies in the closet was a lot like a futuramam episode, which i guess is why it was one of my favourite things Big Grin

harmony is just adorable and i liked her before she even got vamped. one of my favourite lines from any buffy episode is harmony's "i'm not a sheep" from "bewitched, bothered, and bewildered" (i think o.o)

yay harm! Big Grin

--------------------------------------