Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Warrior Women Archive    Saddest Moment/s in the Buffyverse (spoilers for buffy s1-7)

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Saddest Moment/s in the Buffyverse (spoilers for buffy s1-7)
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted
I was reading a forum where they were discussing the saddest moments in the Buffyverse.

What made you cry? Frown

I'll start with.. Buffy's mum's death.

No Angel please, just Buffy.

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
- when joyce told buffy to make a wish on her birthday candle, the day after angel lost his soul, and buffy said "i'll just let it burn."
- when giles sided with buffy about excluding jenny from the group, re: angel's desouling (in hindsight)
- when giles made the phone call to buffy and willow after he found jenny
- when buffy "killed" angel, then tried to kill herself (when they were possessed)
- when angel tried to kill himself by waiting for the sun to come up
- when buffy told riley that forrest was dead
- when buffy told dawn that joyce was dead
- when spike saw that buffy was dead at the end of s5

there are others, but i thought i'd give someone else a chance. also i can't remember anything that happened in s7.
*shuts her big yap*

--------------------------------------

Scroll Guardian

Picture of Free Madness
posted Hide Post
The whole end of season five. I bawled like a baby, lol.
Especially Buffy's speech to Dawn, ending with, "The hardest thing to do in this world is to live in it."
And spike,seeing her dead, and sobbing. That was heartbreaking.

"Even when you're down and blue, just remember that someone out there loves you, even if you don't know it and even if you haven't yet met them. There's someone out there waiting for you, remember that and keep faith. You'll get there."
~~Johnny Depp.

Posts: 3539 | Location: Dreamland | Registered: 06 April 2004Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Jubs
posted Hide Post
Definately when Buffy tells Dawn about Joyce

When Buffy goes "hey there flower gettin lady!" and then finds Joyce dead.

When Xander is holding Willow at the end of season 6 after he gets her to stop killing everything.

When Buffy kills Angel right after he gets his soul back.

When Tara is moving out of the Summer's house after she and Willow break up. "Goodbye to You" is playing, and it gets me every damn time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 920 | Location: Iowa, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
amen to "goodbye to you". i only have to think about that song and i start crying like a little girl. Frown

Ultimate Scroller
posted Hide Post
Don't forget Tara's death. I only bawled like a frickin' baby. Razz

Oh, I also cried when Glory took Tara's brain and Willow got there too late and was sobbing over her...let alone when Tara got it back because of Willow and they were crying together.

Amens to the:
- goodbye to you scene
- the Jenny death scene in Passion
- the Joyce death scene..heck that whole frickin' episode was a tear-inducer
- Buffy/Angel scene at end of season 2

You trying to depress me? Razz

~Gabber

Posts: 893 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 25 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
OZ cheating on Willow when he was the wolf, and willow walking in on them, then Oz leaving..

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
since i am re-going through the seasons i just watched this.

Prophecy Girl: when she hears Giles and Angel, talking about the prophecy of her fighting the master and dieing.

I am also assuming first run of watching her actually die was sad, since maybe you didn't know if the show was coming back next season??

LOL

Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
I was sad when Faith woke up and realised that the Mayor was dead.

~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
i was watching entropy the other day Frown

andrew: "he left me...he was just using me. he never really loved...haning out."

poor lil' andrew. i love him Frown

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
There was no pain
No fear, no doubt
Till they pulled me out
Of Heaven
So that's my refrain
I live in Hell
'Cuz I've been expelled
From Heaven
I think I was
In Heaven

And the look on Willow's face when she realized what they'd done. It was awful.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
Joyce's death eppy - only the first half though.

Also - you said no Angel but when buffy did the first crossover and Angel gets time reversed after spending a great day with Buffy in order to right things... the ending actually made me misty eyed. I've never cried over a tv show before that. Thanks alot Angel.

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
buffy to spike near the end of "fool for love" : "you're beneath me." although that usually makes me too angry to cry. stupid buffy.

and can i just say again how much that angel trying to kill himself scene makes me cry Frown? "it's not the demon in me that needs killing, it's the man." why is always buffy and angel that make me cry Frown?

Scroll Obsessive
Picture of KSena
posted Hide Post
When spike saw that buffy was dead at the end of season 5, and cried his eyes out. That really touched me.

And the whole episode when Joyce died. It so reminded me of when my father died. I sat there crying my eyes out through the whole episode...

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

My LiveJournal: A look inside KSenas mind...

Posts: 1120 | Location: Borås in Sweden | Registered: 30 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Nightmare
Picture of Cora
posted Hide Post
oh I just noticed this thread..

the episode that makes me cry everytime I see it is when Buffy Kills Angel because his is the blood to close the portal. I dotn know what season that is or what the ep is called but its so sad because right then Willow gets him his soul back and he doesnt know whats going on.. and buffy is hurt because she knows that she really has to kill him anyways. and then she stabs him.

Posts: 428 | Location: Canada | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
i rewatched the ep which had veruka the wolf in it.. and wanted to restate (i read up and saw i had put it months ago) that this ep, when Willow finds Oz and Veruka together etc etc, was so sad.

Also when she finds he has sent for his stuff and didn't contact her.

I am rewatching s4 through to s7 (i only got up to s3 last time i decided to watch it all again)... i am half way through hush.

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cora:
oh I just noticed this thread..

the episode that makes me cry everytime I see it is when Buffy Kills Angel because his is the blood to close the portal. I dotn know what season that is or what the ep is called but its so sad because right then Willow gets him his soul back and he doesnt know whats going on.. and buffy is hurt because she knows that she really has to kill him anyways. and then she stabs him.

Season 2! The episode was "Becoming, Pt. 2". Excellent episode.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
<Aardvark>
posted
All of the above, plus in s7 when Xander lost his eye, and they're at the hospital and Willow starts to cry... and s6 when Xander left Anya at the altar and she walks up the aisle alone... and in s4 when Riley leaves and Buffy just misses him by like 30 seconds (although Riley was never my favorite of Buffy's bfs so I wasn't THAT sad to see him go, but it was still tear-inducing since she just then realized how much she loved him).

Report This Post