Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Warrior Women Archive    Angel 5.22 "Not Fade Away" SW

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Angel 5.22 "Not Fade Away" SW
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Smirk Morgan
posted
Frown

Frown

Frown

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

B
E
L
O
W

Good God, that last shot was just brilliant. I loved the ambiguity of not knowing for sure who was going to live or die. "Personally, I kinda wanna slay the dragon" is the perfect note to go out on.

Wesley's death was meh. I really liked this character, but frankly it felt a bit like the it's the end of the show we can kill someone now cop out. I still think if he was going to die, he should have died at the end of Sleep Tight in Season 3 when his thoat got slashed. Now that would have meant something.

Lorne shooting Lindsay was just something I was not expecting...even though it was in the preview. I remember him putting on the leather coat before going out and thinking that it was kind of an odd look for him. Upon reflection, it seems like it was his way way of putting on the skin of a killer--a
la Spike's trophy duster. Just in a much more hip fashion. Wink

Funny, Gunn was mortally wounded if we trust Illyria's diagnosis. Not one human character on AtS made it...except we have to remember, ambiguous ending--so maybe Gunn made it out after all.

Random thought: Why was Eve on my screen at all during this episode? Really didn't care about her.

Posts: 2306 | Location: DFW | Registered: 24 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Really good final ep.
I had not read any spoilers (big surprise) so I was surprised by it all- especially Lorne.
Need to rewatch this weekend to comment more.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
If Wes had died at the end of "Sleep Tight", we wouldn't have gotten that brilliant scene between Illyria!Fred and Wes. Made me sob like a baby.

In original spoilers, Gunn was slated to die.

Overall, a good episode. A fitting finale.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

Picture of Sara
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's just me, and it probably is, but I like things to be cut and dried, resolution, I need closure. Maybe that's why I hated the Buffy ending so much, I don't like ambiguity, it irritates my organized nature.

Still, the dragon line was kinda cool. All in all, not too bad of a run for Angel.

I <3 4 foot 11, blonde, operatic wonders from Oklahoma.

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness

Posts: 2158 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sara:
Maybe it's just me, and it probably is, but I like things to be cut and dried, resolution, I need closure. Maybe that's why I hated the Buffy ending so much, I don't like ambiguity, it irritates my organized nature.

Still, the dragon line was kinda cool. All in all, not too bad of a run for Angel.

I was a bit disgruntled by the cliffhanger ending, but Joss stated that he didn't really intend the ending to be a cliffhanger as much as a representation of the fact that the job of fighting evil is never really done. It'll keep going on even after the end of the show.

It also left it very open for an "Angel" telemovie. Doubt we'll actually see one, but the opening is there.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
<madogis>
posted
*can't be stuffed signing in again*

i liked that it ended unresolved. it didn't seem like a cliffhanger at all. it's like the resolution is that there is no resolution. now to stop stating the obvious.

i think my favourite thing of the whole ep was when lorne shot lindsy, and then lindsy said that angel was the one who was supposed to kill him. it was awesome. it gave me a lot of closure over a certain x-files incident where one of my favourite characters was killed off by someone other than mulder, and everyone seemed to be perfectly fine with it. lousy bastards.

another thing was spike's poem Big Grin i liked that everyone liked it, cause i like it Smile

angel: "i want you lindsy"
i'm sorry, i had to say it Razz

good ep, but now i have to get a life *sigh*

Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
I liked the Lorne thing.

I liked the 'I want you Lindsey'

I didn;t like the ending, i;m sorry, but i would have preferred to have seen em all dead, than end when it did, because i expected more, then i saw credits.

I was saddened when Wes died, even though it was a bit meh.

I don;t think anyone mentioned Harmony and him telling Hamilton the plan.

I also liked when Angel posioned the*thing's* blood when he pushed it a way, didn;t even pick it.

But the Lorne thing was best..

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

SCROLLER AND
INSTIGATOR OF
THE MONTH

Scroller and Instigator

posted Hide Post
quots i found at tv tome that i liked

Illyria (To Gunn) Try not to die. You are not unpleasant to my eyes.

(Spike reads poetry at a bar.)
Spike: "My soul is wrapped in harsh repose,
Midnight descends in raven-colored clothes,
But soft...Behold!
A sunlight beam,
Cutting a swath of glimmering gleam.
My heart expands,
'Tis grown a bulge in it,
Inspired by your beauty...effulgent."
Man: Yeah! (applause) That was great, man.
Spike: Thank You. That was for Cecily. This next one's called The Wanton Folly of me Mum.

Illyria: Wesley's dead. I'm feeling grief for him, I can't seem to control it. I wish to do more violence!

also, angel signing the prophecy, shouldn;t he have signed it Liam, or maybe Angeleus?, or who's to say, if he bowed out, Spike didn;t become a real boy?

Posts: 4830 | Location: Michelle @ work | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
I liked the ending. At first I was all with the "Yay - another battle" then BAM, the credits roll. Kinda a shock but it was cool.

I don't like ending that are so wrapped up in a nice lil package - it's boring.

I didn't mind Buffy's ending (except that it was ending and we had to suffer through a bunch of SITs and not enough were killed off. SITs. Bleh.)

<madogis>
posted
what is SITS?

Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
Slayers In Training = SITs or ShITS if you didn't like them. Wink

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
oh, i see. well, i'm not a fan either *curses kennedy's putrescent name*

--------------------------------------