Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Warrior Women Archive    Angel 5.11 (Jan. 28, 2004) - SPOILERS!

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Angel 5.11 (Jan. 28, 2004) - SPOILERS!
 Login/Join 
Scroll Guardian

posted
Overall, a disturbing episode. Interesting, but disturbing.

It was good to see Andrew again and get an update on where all the Scoobies are! It was sad to hear that Buffy no longer trusts Angel, but I saw that one coming.

The thing I most enjoyed about this week's episode -- the teaser for next week's episode. Yay Cordy!!

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
Dislikes:
- The crazy Slayer. I wish they had picked a different actress. Or made her character different. She reminded me WAY too much of Faith, with the wild dark hair. Yet another lunatic murderous Slayer.
I've seen that character already Joss. Give me something new.

- That Andrew had 12 Slayers with him, yet he still enlisted Angel's help to track her. I think 12 Slayers going after one of their own stands a better chance than two VAMPIRES and the whole evil Wolfram and Hart boys-with-guns trying to find her. Plus, I'm sure Willow could track her much faster than Spike, Angel, or 12 Slayers (I'm assuming Willow works with the Watcher's Council, like Andrew and Buffy). Andrew should have definitely put Angel on alert, but then took it from there.

- Andrew and the sacked lunch. And Goldfish crackers! Too adorable! And all his geeky talk.

- Joss reminding us that there are now Slayers all over the world.

- We learn more about what happened after Willow did the spell to turn all Potentials into Slayers. And more about where Buffy, Dawn, and Giles are. (and would that not make a great season 8 for BtVS?! Training Slayers, heading the Watcher's Council, all set in Europe Smile)

- That the crazy Slayer actually cut Spike's hands off. She kept talking about it, but I thought Joss would never let her go through with it. I just appreciate being surprised.

- Andrew's 12 Slayers, and Angel's army shrinking away from them. I just appreciate that trained men with automatic guns were not even about to fight 12 teenage girls. (Not even Angel was about to put up a fight.)

- The irony that, a few years earlier, after turning a Slayer over to the Watcher's Council, Angel had to help rescue her from them. The Council could not be trusted.

Flash forward a few years, and now a Slayer is in Angel's custody and the Watcher's Council is taking her from him because he can't be trusted. Interesting, no?

[This message was edited by xenachick on 02 February 2004 at 08:32 PM.]

Posts: 8 | Location: Seattle | Registered: 26 January 2004Report This Post
Scroll Nightmare
posted Hide Post
After last weeks snoozy episode, I really enjoyed this one!

The Slayer reminded me of Dark Angel. I like how she had visions from other slayers, I thought that added a little different slayer element than we are used to.

And Andrew! I enjoyed him so much! Glad to see he's still got his little crush on Spike.

So, Willow and Kennedy are still together, huh?

Okay, Gunn is scaring me. I liked him better when he was pummeling people too.

Oh, I am SO looking forward to next week's episode! I didn't realize how much I've missed Cordy until I saw the preview and got all nostalgic. How beautiful does she look?

Posts: 493 | Location: over here | Registered: 23 July 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Jubs
posted Hide Post
I thought the episode rocked.
andrew looks way cute with the curly hair.
I too was surprised when she actually cut off spike's hands.
it kind of surprised me that the girl who was killing everyone was a slayer, i mean, even if you're crazy, don't you think that the slayer part would be like "only kill the baddies?" but then, i guess that's not how it was for Faith.
I never thought of the possibility of having one of the newly made slayers end up being a lunatic. But afterall, it kind of makes sense. I mean, they just unleashed all this powere on to all of these girls, and they have no idea where they've been in life.

Doesn't Cordy look great??
While I don't know if it's right for her to come back to the show for good, It'll be great to see her there, and maybe she can slap some sense into Angel, or at least we'll all find out that they're doing the right thing by being at W&H.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maybe it was just the dream of you, and not the reality that I loved.

Posts: 920 | Location: Iowa, USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chiana:
So, Willow and Kennedy are still together, huh?

gak. Always in Rio, though. Partying no doubt. My Willow should tire of that soon enough and yearn for more scholarly pursuits. yes....

heh

Anyway, why didn't Spike's hands dust?

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heitie:
[...]Anyway, why didn't Spike's hands dust?

You've probably got to use one of the prescribed "vampyre" killing methods to get any dust. Since cutting off his hands alone doesn't kill him, they won't dust.

I guess.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller
posted Hide Post
quote:

Anyway, why didn't Spike's hands dust?

The same reason their blood doesn't turn to dust when their nose bleeds?

Posts: 8 | Location: Seattle | Registered: 26 January 2004Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
the way andrew pronounces vampire Big Grin

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
Didn't somebody's something dust when it was cut off? I mean other than a head. Maybe it dusted after they were killed. Or maybe I dreamed it...

Smile

Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heitie:
Didn't somebody's something dust when it was cut off?

Eek

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Ummm...

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
You people....

I meant like an arm.

sheesh...

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Oh! In that case, you could be thinking of the episode "In The Dark."

Brief recap of the episode, so if you've not seen it, don't read the following! You've been warned.

Oz arrives in LA with a ring which Buffy wants Angel to keep safe. Spike comes to LA looking for the ring because the Gem of Amarra is set in it, but ends up being double crossed by a vampire named Marcus (whom Spike hired to torture Angel to get the whereabouts of the ring) who steals the gem and heads to the pier to eat a group of Boy Scouts. Angel and Marcus fight and of course, Angel wins and pulls the ring off Marcus's finger and he starts to dust from the arm upward.

[This message was edited by Arista on 04 February 2004 at 02:49 PM.]

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
Here's the image I may or may not be remembering...a vampire's arm (I think) is cut off and possibly lays there while he or she comtinues to fight. I guess that kind of negates the dusting-as-it-comes-off theory. Anyway, at some point we see the arm dust...although it could be when the vampire's dusted itself. Did that ever happen? Because that would've been neat.