Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Warrior Women Archive    Survivor Finale & Reunion -- All-Stars *Spoilers*

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Survivor Finale & Reunion -- All-Stars *Spoilers*
 Login/Join 
Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted
*sigh*

At least it wasn't Rupert. Sure, it'd be nice for his family, etc., just...it's all me, me, me with him it seems. Plus there's that know-it-all-with-a-side-of-hyperbole factor.

I would've been happier with Jenna winning, but really she should've kept Rupert around. At least he would've taken her to the end, one presumes, and she'd have had a better chance of beating him in a balancing/endurance challenge than beating Rob. duh.

Anyway. The Reunion. Enoooouuugh with Rob and Amber. Please. Yes, they're cute, we get it. yippee, etc. There are 16 other people up there. How 'bout ya talk to some of them for more than 8 seconds.

Jerri got a raw deal. I wish she hadn't walked off, but I totally understand why she did. Stupid audience.

I wanted to see Rich's Argentinian. "Something for everyone" indeed. Shut up, Jeff. Like only some freak carny subculture would be interested.

heh...I still like Rudy, and I still don't know why.

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
http://www.cbs.com/

Go vote for *coughJennaL.,Rudy,orJerricough* anyone you choose.

Wink

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
I went and voted for Jenna L. but before I read this Smile I think she deserves it the most. I felt bad for her when she lifted her foot that tiny fraction Frown

I was happy with Amber winning, coz I like her Smile I was so happy for her when she when won that immunity in that maze challenge. If I was Jenna, I probably would've done the same thing, voting off Rupert, because I would've been certain I would've drawn the purple rock or whatever they were going to do.

And I totally agree with you on Jerri. I got angry when as soon as she started speaking she got booed. I would've left too if it was me, or more likely stayed there with a foul look on my face. I feel like giving her a big hug Frown

I liked that Amber gave Shii Ann the car, because I liked what she said at the final tribal council Smile

Also, where is the next Survivor being held? Was that revealed on whatever show Amber goes on to get her check? We no get that here Frown

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of TwinXenas
posted Hide Post
We were happy for Amber winning. Another woman survivor. Cool Cool

Alicia & Rob C didn't even get the chance to talk, too.

"Worry is the darkroom in which negatives can develop."

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Did everyone watch the cbs.com video "why I should win the second million" pleas by the survivors?

Interesting.

Jenna didn't plea for herself. She threw her support behind Rupert. A few others did too. This boggles my mind.

I found Tom's rationale kinda valid. Not that I will necessarily vote for him but it made sense from an "outlast" standpoint.

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
As far as who the winner was: Okay, I can live with Amber. By the final 4 I was pretty much "meh" anyway.

Totally called the twists (well, 2 out of 3- I didn't guess the car one).
What do people think of Shii Ann getting the car from Amber? Worthy or not?

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
I'm going with indifference on the car thing. She was the swing vote, I guess, so I can see that. But it's Shii Ann, so...

yeah, I don't get to watch the little plea videos because of some Javascript thing or something, but I've voted for Jenna. Can you vote more than once? I mean, you can, but does it count?

My mother is voting for Rupert. I just...I don't even know. She can't even tell me her reasoning. Why does he deserve it so very much? Why have this season and last season been The Rupert Show? He's probably good hearted, but so is Jenna (as are others), and possibly more so. He's got some skills, but not nearly as many as Rob and probably others. He can fish, so what? He's got a silly beard, he loves his wife, and he's cool with the tie-dye. So...is that it? humbug. Everyone on that show has good qualities. He just stood out. He's just something we hadn't seen before. As much. People need to apply actual sense and logic instead of following the marketing leader. Then, if they still want to vote for him, good for them. Vote yourselves crazy. Just please try to have a good reason. It's a million dollars.

*pant...pant*

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
Rupert's a good guy, an honest guy, and apparently he's won the respect and friendship of those who played with him in a way no other survivor contestant has. sure he had one solid skill--fishing--just like Rob had one major skill--shelter building. and at least Rupert applied his skills throughout the game and didn't lie around on his butt the last half of the show. it doesn't take much"skill" to haul firewood or gut a fish, just the gumption to get up and do it. outside of building the shelter, Rob hardly participated in the day-to-day surviving, saving his strength for the challenges. Rupert played a far more honorable game. twice. back-to-back. i voted like hell for him and i hope he wins it.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

sometimes, you just have to say 'what the f...'

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I think you can vote more than once and have it count. I have not voted yet.

I wonder if they will show the videos on Thursday's show for the benefit of those without internet (or with javascript thingies)?

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
See, now those are good reasons, zoom. I don't necessarily agree with them, but it's so much better than people just voting for who they think is going to win instead of thinking it through for themselves. Sure, this isn't an election, per se, but still... Wink

Also, I like to see honest players, and I wish this were a more merit based show, but it's not designed that way. I have to look for a player who played as honestly as possible, but still used their brain. I think Rob lied too much and was too cocky. I think Amber rode Rob's waves to the end. Rupert is more or less honest, sure, but he's arrogant, he's condescending, he's a blowhard, and he has this sense of entitlement that seems incredibly overinflated. Those things turn me off someone. Maybe we get a worse picture of him than his tribemates because of tv or whatever, or maybe we get a clearer picture. Jenna was also pretty honest, and she also cheered for everyone, even her "enemies", and wasn't insufferable. So, it's Jenna for me. Smile

The above about Rob and Amber applies just to this extra million. I do think they played a good game and deserved to win, there are just players I respect more. Jenna L., Jerri, and Rudy, for example.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fahrenheit,

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
sorry lila997--i'm pretty sure voting ended midnight Tuesday...

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
see Hietie--i can really relate alot to Rupert. i have been labeled arrogant before by people who misread my impatience with those who don't carry their weight or exercise common sense. or whine alot. i don;'t think Rupert is so much arrogant, as strongly self-confident mixed with poor delivery.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
Could be. Smile

In her recaps Miss Alli does a good job of detailing the things I dislike about Rupert. I don't agree with her on everything, but it's pretty close on this subject.

Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
from a People article aboput Survivor romances... (ok, ok--consider the source):

RUPERT & FAMILY
Want real romance and not reality romance? That would be Rupert and Laura Boneham, married seven years and going strong. The most popular player ever (at press time he was the favorite to win the viewer-voted second $1 million prize), Rupert, 40, met Laura, 35, "when I was managing a comedy club and looking for an assistant manager of guest relations," he says. "She was the only one who stuck around after finding out it was an usher's job." Laura fell for the big guy because "his eyes would make me melt," she says. "Everyone would go to him with their problems, and I admired that. He was like Ann Landers."

That is, if Ann Landers weighed 250 lbs. "When I finished All-Stars I was under 200 lbs.," says Rupert, who has since gained back about 20 lbs. and quite easily at that (pork chops, steak and french fries are particular favorites). Even Laura got the chance to sample the Survivor diet when she bravely munched on bugs during an All-Stars rewards challenge in hopes of spending a night with her husband (she lost; he cried). Being away from Laura and their daughter Raya, 5, for months at a time "tore me up," says Rupert, a contestant on two consecutive seasons. "When I came home from the first season I said, 'My God, I'm never leaving you guys again.' A week later Survivor called me again. That second time was much harder on the family" and particularly on young Raya. "She has a little bit of separation anxiety now," says Rupert. "We're working on that."

A counselor to troubled teens, "I have been making only $18,000 or $20,000 a year for a long time," says Rupert, who if he wins the second million (his competition, he figures, is ex-Marine Rudy Boesch) will donate a healthy chunk to his nonprofit group, Kids Help. "And," he says, "I'll finally be able to afford medical insurance." Another priority: moving his family to a safer neighborhood in Indianapolis, where they now live in a three-bedroom colonial fixer-upper with pet alligator Wally (he stays in an indoor pond in the living room).

In discussions to host an adventure show on Animal Planet, Rupert is figuring out how to handle his fame. Step one: Change shirts. "If I wear tie-dye," he says, "I'm mobbed." Laura is also learning the ropes. "Women are always running up to Rupert saying, 'I love you!' " she says. "You get pushed aside." But if the Survivor experience tested their love, so, too, did it deepen their bond. "The game stripped Rupert of everything and brought him to what's important," says Laura. "It's not the money. It's your family."

the way i see it, Rudy is what...78? and retired career military. he's set for the rest of his days. Rupert is a obviously a good guy who's trying to support a family with a commendable if not lucrative occupation. go Rupert!! Big Grin

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Fahrenheit
posted Hide Post
I really like his wife and daughter.

e

x

t

r

a

m

i

l

l

i

o

n

spoilers....

Did you see Laura mouth "thank you" to the camera? She seems fabulous. And the daughter's cute as a button Smile I'm glad for them, anyway.

Ultimate Scroller
Picture of TwinXenas
posted Hide Post
Yes, we are happy for Rupert and his family.

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
well, i forgot to vote, but it all seems to have worked out for the best. i either wanted rupert to win because he seemes like a really nice guy - hot headed at times, but then who isn't? - or i wanted rob to win because i really thought he played the game better than anyone else. still, i'm happy it was rupert. i think it's important for people to know that you can get places by being the nice guy, instead of just double crossing everyone till the bitter end. cudos rupert Smile

oh yeah, and well done to amber for her subtle victory. it only *seemed* like she was doing nothing, but it was clearly a strategy - i know i sound sarcastic, but i honesty get it. good for her. *not at all bitter*

i'm not clear on the whole swing vote situation, but shii ann got a car, so i'm happy.

so where is the next survivor being held?

--------------------------------------

Scroller Needing Therapy
Picture of Salem
posted Hide Post
I was happy for Rupert Smile I just gone done watching it then. Rupert's daughter is a little cutie Smile His wife looked so happy. I'm so happy for them ^_^

I was fine with Rupert being the winner. I think Television Witout Pity is a bad influence on me in regards to Rupert and Shii Ann. I'd probably like them both a lot more if I didn't read. It won't stop me reading though, coz they're entertaining Smile

Aaand, the next Survivor is in Vanuatu Smile

Posts: 3209 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Madogis:
...or i wanted rob to win because i really thought he played the game better than anyone else.

see--i hear this a lot and i disagree. while i think lying around and not contributing to the tribe past building the shelter is obviously a winning strategy, i don't consider it "playing the game well." i never cared for Boston Rob--he was arrogant, derisive and deceitful. i just think palying a good game means winning without being that way...

quote:
i'm not clear on the whole swing vote situation, but shii ann got a car, so i'm happy.

by swing vote they mean, it was Shii Ann's vote for Amber that made her win--if it had been Rob & Jenna, Shii Ann said she'd have voted for Rob instead. so since Shii Ann gave Amber the million, she gave her the car. get it? Smile

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?