Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Warrior Women Archive    Angel 5.16 (March 3, 2004) - SPOILERS!

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Angel 5.16 (March 3, 2004) - SPOILERS!
 Login/Join 
Besotted Scroller
Picture of beauTifully tragic
posted
oh the horror! who the hell wants to watch basketball anyway?? smash

[This message was edited by Arista on 04 March 2004 at 06:47 AM.]

Posts: 2723 | Location: la la land | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
I'll record it for you.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post
thanks Big Grin
they're supposed to show it saturday.. i'll let you know if i need you to send it

Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
No problem. It's at your beck-and-call if you should need it.

Good episode too.

Posts: 764 | Location: Buried under a pile of school books... | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Spoilers start in this post! Stop reading if you don't want to be spoiled! You've been warned!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

What is it with ME's insistance on ripping out my still beating heart and showing it to me the last 3 minutes of the last two episodes!? UPDATE: The song played at the ending montage was Kim Richey's "A Place Called Home".

Coupla things.

• I'm devastated that there's absolutely no way to get Fred back. Knowing that EVERYTHING (body and soul) Fred was had been destroyed when Illyria took over her body was heartbreaking!

• Massive props to Amy Acker for doing a complete 180 on characters. Illyria only looks like Fred. Definitely doesn't act like Fred. Is it just me or does the blue hair do something for you?

• Spike's rant about the mini-bottles of Jack Daniels was actually pretty funny. Made me snort.

• Gunn. I wanted to jump through my TV screen and beat on him a little when he started going on about how he never fit in and blah, blah, blah. Glad Wes let him live. Now he'll be forever tortured with the knowledge that he directly contributed to Fred's death. Wonder if he'll ever get back in the fold of Team Angel.

• Harmony -- she's really grown on me. I find it interesting that she's kind of the one who is somewhat on the outside looking in. Gives her a unique perspective to Team Angel.

Overall, a very good episode. Sucks that we have to wait five weeks for a new one.

[This message was edited by Arista on 04 March 2004 at 12:51 PM.]

Besotted Scroller
posted Hide Post
WB showed the episode last night at 10 so i taped it and watched it this morning
thanks for the offers to send a tape Smile

really like illyria's look, but i don't want to give up fred for it Frown

thanks for the info on the song

five weeks?!?

Besotted Scroller
Picture of Madogis
posted Hide Post
i agree with the 180. it's pretty awesome. it's hard for me to imagine that this amy acker could have ever played a sweet girl like fred - she's just so different.

if i were wes, i think i'd give up on dating. he's only had two serious girlfriends and they've both died horriffically.

not sure how i feel about the episode as a whole. i think i appreciated wes killing nox(sp), but i think i would have preferred him to shoot gunn as well - 2 shots in quick succession: bang! bang! - that sort of thing (do you like my sound effects?). having said that, stabbing is far more personal. it felt like a bit of a delayed reaction though. now that i think about it, i'm not sure i'm making sense. but oh well.

to answer a previous question, yes, angel and spike do behave like an old married couple. fun isn't it Smile?

--------------------------------------