Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Warrior Women Archive    SEASON TWO EP (SW)

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
SEASON TWO EP (SW)
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
I just watched an episode of Farscape tonight where two clones of John Crighton were produced by this green pod-like thing.

I was really hooked into this episode.

I loved that, in the end, the Crighton who seemed to be of least value ended up being the most noble.

Fantastic!

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Warlord Scroller
posted Hide Post
Ah, yes, I remember it well. Quite a good and clever variation on an ancient theme since Kirk stepped from the transporter platform twice in 68. First I wanted to groan. Not another split hero show! But I didn't have time for that. It was much too good to let me off the hook that easily.

Cave-John was a real sweety, wasn't he? And it was of course Chiana who sussd him out first. Love the instincts of our resident rebel.
Heh... and Aeryn couldn't stand Lizard Boy from the word go.

Fav lil pieces:
The opener with the John & Aeryn Show in normal bickering mode about their spacecrafts, and John giving it up the second danger is imminent. He lurves his module, but he knows which one'll keep his ass safer. [Wink]

D'Argo: "I suppose you won't raise a digit to help us, right?"
Rygel: "Well, if I see the creature, you'll be the first to know."
D'Argo: "I'll make sure to follow the screams, then."

Lizard Boy: 'I'm John.'
Aeryn: "I don't think so. For a start, John has more hair..." *looking slightly further down* "... amongst other things, but I'd blame that on feeling cold."

A typical Crichton one-liner, making him far less annoyingly superiour than other TV heros.
John (on the virge of making a scientific discovery): "Look, I'm in Bill & Ted Land, here, so I'm open to suggestions!"

Chiana's lil peck on John's T-shirt and the dialogue in the final scene.
John: "It was the seemingly least developed 'ME' who did the right thing. You knew all along, didn't you?"
Chi: "Well, I know YOU."

Is there another show with such unpretentious, naturally played and truely moving tag scenes?

deja vu'd [Big Grin]
The Aeryonaut

Posts: 314 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 July 2003Report This Post