Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Warrior Women Archive    Liars, Guns and Money: A Not So Simple Plan

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Liars, Guns and Money: A Not So Simple Plan
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
OK, so the 'Scape creators are tryin' to kill me.

They've made me journey through one three part episode already this series, and now we've embarked on another.

All I can say is "Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww". Scorpy love.

The actress with the spider sitting atop her head is Claudia Karvan, one of Oz's premier thespians. Of course, she's almost unrecognisable under all the prosthetics, but you can still see her craft shinging through - that creepy vulnerability.

I got lost with the whole plan thing. Was Rygel supposed to wake up? Wasn't clear to me. Also, was D'Argo supposed to get caught? Again, I dunno.

Also what was with forgiving Stark so quickly for freaking out? Not very helpful, Starky. It's gonna take me some time to get used to this new guy.

I liked the continuity of Rygel's voice going up an octave every time he experienced flatulence. Chiana acting as Zhaan's sidekick was annoying, as was Zhaan's whole turn as a tougie. Didn't buy it.

I sound as though I hated this episode, but I remember being fascinated by it as I watched it. I think I found the whole John vs Scorpius plot most intriguing. And the Aeryn love theme.

It probably needs a rewatching, methinks.

Can't wait until Part 2 next week. [Wink]

[ March 05, 2003, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: Argeaux ]

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Warlord Scroller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was D'Argo supposed to get caught?
Yup, but only as far as he and Stark were concered, of course. I think the big guy just saw it as the only way to force the others to join Stark's plan of robbing the shadow depository. It wouldn't've done to just steal Moya's pod to make the others follow him.
So, in that way Stark didn't lie when he said, 'It's all part of the plan'.

quote:
Was Rygel supposed to wake up?
Yup. The gas was designed to lower his life functions only for a short time to get him past the scanners. Wouldn't've made any sense to get him into the strongroom, welded into that statue, otherwise. After all, he had to switch the containers.

quote:
...what was with forgiving Stark so quickly for freaking out?
Not much..., just that it saves on nerves not to dwell on his famous fits. [Wink]
(believe me, it'll get worse)

quote:
Not very helpful, Starky. It's gonna take me some time to get used to this new guy.
You ain't seen nothing, yet. [Big Grin]
He's not exactly new, tho. He was the other prisoner and regular guest on Scorpy's Aurora chair in S1's 'Nerve/Hidden Memory' 2-parter, where he left a much more positive impression. After that, he appeared in a few S2 eps as well.
But he sure won't gain any popularity prizes, but that's really what his character's all about. One minute you want to set fire to him, and the other you feel you'd have to thank him.

quote:
Zhaan's whole turn as a tougie. Didn't buy it.

Only in the context of S2 it indeed seems a bit off-colour, but not if you add the first season as well. (what I was waffling about in the 'Clockwork' thread.)

Anyways, I have to confess that I'm a big fan of the LG&M trilogy. [Smile]

biased [Big Grin]
The Xenatizer

[ March 05, 2003, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: The Xenatizer ]

Posts: 314 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 July 2003Report This Post
Warlord Scroller
posted Hide Post
Hmm... , an afterthought...

When Zhaan an Chi prepared Rygel with the gas and the statue casing, they explained what he was supposed to do, once in the strongroom and awake.

Also was D'Argo's desperate action at the start of the ep, after the others didn't want to join him and Stark (stealing the pod and getting caught right under John's and Aeryn's noses) shown in a way which was difficult to misunderstand as pure blackmail to get him out again, and steal the cash, as they were at it.
Remember, at that time, they didn't even know Stark's plan.
The whole setup, Rygel, Zhaan and Chi posing as buyers... etc... happened later.

Could it be that you've seen a cut version of the ep?
TV stations love to cut eps here and there, just to squeeze in another ad.

The Xenatizer

[ March 05, 2003, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: The Xenatizer ]

Posts: 314 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 July 2003Report This Post
<Stace>
posted
I've enjoyed this three parter! I am soooo hooked now (we just missed a week cause they showed some sex survey special instead so I'm having withdrawals already).

Anyway, I wanted to ask Argy, did you catch Bert Newton's son as well??

For those who aren't aware, Bert Newton (or dear ol' Moonface as some like to call him) is THE past, present and future host of talk shows. Soooo, matt Newton plays/played D'argo's son.

and what was with that kiss with Chiana!!??

Report This Post
<Stace>
posted
oh, and Xenatizer, I don't think our ep was cut. That was the sequence I saw.

Report This Post