Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Warrior Women Archive    Dog With Two Bones (S3 Finale Spoiler)

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Dog With Two Bones (S3 Finale Spoiler)
 Login/Join 
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted
Wow! What a great way to end a fabulous season.

I absolutely ADORE the "old woman". Melissa Jaffer played her to perfection.

The scenes with Crighton back on earth were fun - they were all of my home town! Ares and I have actually eaten in the same restaurant where Aeryn was talking with Jack.

The cinematography was amazing. Beautiful shots and images.

The ending also blew me away. I couldn't stop laughing!

Season 4 starts this week. I can hardly wait. Smile

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Warlord Scroller
posted Hide Post
I must say, you're the first to appreciate the relatively 'quiet' season finish after the blistering 2-parter before that.
Not that I don't agree, but we have to face the fact that most ppl saw it as a let-down.
One thing is fer sure, it's the most unusual and 'avantgarde' conclusion to a season in TV history.
Keeping the demise of the show after S4 in mind, I have to ask myself if Claudia Black wasn't right. Has Farscape been too clever for its own good to survive the ratings war?

The Xenatizer

Posts: 314 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 July 2003Report This Post
Scroll Desperado
Picture of zoom
posted Hide Post
Although there were some excellent moments in the penultimate two parter that concluded Season 3, I found a lot of it quite heavy handed.

Some of the standout parts of those particular episodes for me were Crais's embrace of death as he commanded 'Starburst' (beautifully played by Lani), the empathy evoked for Crighton's scientific compadre, and Jool's concern as to where Moya's crew were all heading after the conclusion of their quest.

I didn't like the scenes between Aeryn and her long lost friend, finding these clunky. Similarly, although I could appreciate the cinematic quality of Scorpy standing in front of steps as water runs down them and signals the end of his quest for worm hole technology, that type of situation has been set up time and time again. My last sentence could more simply have been written 'yaaaaaaaaaawn'.

The only episode of Season 4 I've seen at this stage introduced a very-frayed-around-the-edges Chiana and an aged Rygel, as well as the intriguing new comer who can shift her centre of gravity. I liked the relationship set up between Crighton and the elderly Pilot and also his teaching the DRD to hum classics.

Next episode looks interesting but I'll have to wait two more weeks before I view it. I was surprised to see Jool in the preview - I would suspect that Moya is getting a little over crowded at this stage.

WHAT WOULD XENA DO?

are you sitting on the soap?

"C" is for cookie;
that's good enough for me!

Posts: 5103 | Location: Austin Texas, baby | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
in an on-going spirit of confusion, i, zoom, am posting as Argeaux to relate that the previous post was Argeaux, poasting as me.

hehe

~~~~~~~~~~

I’m not so sure that the term refers to an amicable argument; in my experience argy-bargies are often not only heated discussions but also rather bad-tempered ones, amounting to a spat or minor quarrel. But then, the term is mainly a British or old Commonwealth one, not that well known in the US, and easily misunderstood out of context.

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post