Tom's Xena Page    The Daily Scroll  Hop To Forum Categories  Archives  Hop To Forums  Warrior Women Archive    Paradise Found !

Moderators: lila997

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Paradise Found !
 Login/Join 
<ArtemisRed>
posted
Isn't this the MOST RANDOM Xena Episode ?
I watched it last last with a puzzled look throughout the whole show.
[Confused] [Xena] [Confused] [Gabrielle] [Confused]

Report This Post
Ultimate Scroller
Picture of Prof. Lurker
posted Hide Post
Maybe...assuming Married With Fish sticks is not a X:WP episode [Big Grin]

Posts: 571 | Location: Brasilia | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Warlord Scroller
posted Hide Post
For me it always was the the best terrible episode of the lot.
One of the worst ever scripts/plots..., and beautifully directed at the same time.

The whole thing is so full of contradictions between the author's utter contempt for Xena as a character and the directors love for it that it's almost funny.

torn
The Xenatizer

[ February 21, 2003, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: The Xenatizer ]

Posts: 314 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 July 2003Report This Post
Scroll Guardian

posted Hide Post
Have to agree with Xenatizer. The direction and photography (I've heard it described as an "eye candy episode") made up for the less-than-gleaming script and absurd rabbit teeth for me.
I like the yoga and tai chi elements. Whenever I mention that I've been to a yoga class QB still jokes "You'd better take it easy with that stuff before you end up turning blue."

It also contains my all time favorite Xena prop: The yin yang bed. I swear that some day I'm gonna get me one of those!

Posts: 2164 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Here we go again.

I LOVE this episode.

I like that it takes the piss out of the whole "spiritual journey" motif of Season 4.

I love how the emotional ideas of the piece are manifested as physical attributes.

The scene where Xena is massaging Gabrielle while flashing forwards to the crucifiction is masterful, IMO.

Posts: 5457 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Can I just add -- Prof you crack me up! [Big Grin]

Dream Scroller
Picture of CorXy
posted Hide Post
it is one of my fav episodes. yes,it is quite kitschy and the rabbit-teeth and some other stuff is just too much but I like the whole story! This ep has some of my all-time-fav scenes eg.: Xena massaging Gabby and Xena having that jealous/sad look when she sees Gabby crying in that strange guy's (never can remember his name!)arms!

[ February 22, 2003, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: Coyote 6 ]

Scroller
posted Hide Post
Maybe if you took the title into consideration and linked it to what we already know about John Milton and his epic Paradise Lost

Posts: 7 | Location: Fl, USA | Registered: 22 June 2003Report This Post
<mons>
posted
i love the episode TOO!! for all the reasons ARGY said!! but it did manage to anger me a bit with all the righteous gabrielle BS... but, you gotta take the good9xena) with the bad(gabs).... *busts into song* YOU TAKE 'EM BOTH AND THERE YOU HAVE HE XENA LIFE! THE XENA LIFE.......

mons

Report This Post
Chief Chesty Forlock
Chief

Picture of Argeaux
posted Hide Post
Hey monsie I think you may need a cup of warm milk and a good lie down.